taultunleashed logoMoney Making Guide for Beginners : Hero Online Submissions
newtopic  postreply
 [ 4 posts ] 
blue large dot

Money Making Guide for Beginners : Hero Online Submissions

Posted: January 18th, 2007, 5:58 pm

bloodskin
bloodskin's Reps:
This is just a simple guide on how to get on your feet in this game. the main focus here is selling and trading.

==============
SIMPLIFIED VERSION
==============

get to level 10. become a hunter. tame wolves, and bears if you can. sell them.

==============
DETAILED VERSION
==============

first off, before you even THINK about making any money, you have to get yourself to level 10 (1dan 0kyu). to do this, i suggest killing wolf pups until you reach level 3 they are to the north of the castle. then kill wild boars, found to the east of the castle, until level 5 or 6, depending on how you set your stats up (i suggest going with pure strength until level 7 because it increases your health and damage). at level 5 or 6, kill thieves near the hill going twords the highlands (look at your map) and wolves (at the top of the hill). at level 8, you can try going into the highlands. if you die fast, go back to thieves and wolves. your overall goal is to kill the highest level monster that you can without dieing too often.

once you hit level 10, its time to get a job. this is where you will start making money. go back to the area where you started. talk to the hunter trainer, located along the south west wall of the castle and become a hunter. remember how the red letters kept popping up saying you've earned a skill point? they are used for improving your book skills. i suggest dumping them ALL into your job skill (the one the hunter trainer just gave you). in the top right hand corner of your screen there are a few icons. click the one that looks like a book, or simply press "B" on the keyboard (make sure the chat window is closed). thats your skills table.

now that you have your job and your skills set up, its time to start making money. this is really simple. go to the highlands and get a wolfs health down to the point that you can barely see his health meter. use your tame skill on him. chances are, it wont work on the first attempt. DON'T GIVE UP!!! it takes time, and numerous attempts. at your current level, you will only be able to tame wolves and bears (unless you are a god). also, i suggest using the first wolf you tame as a pet of your own so that he gains experience. it takes FOREVER to level them up, but its well worth it in the long run. also, it seems to work better if you use your tame skill when they aren't moving (not attacking). this has not been proven though, so do not quote me on this.

now we are ready to sell the animals. the prices are constantly changing, so i cannot give you an exact amount as to how much they are worth. however, at the time of writing this guide, i sell them for 15,000 gold each (wolves). look around and see what people are selling them for to get an idea of how much you should sell yours for. after you have your price figured out, go to a place that you want to sell them at. good places are by banks or taverns, or the central market place. start a store by holding control on your keyboard and left clicking on your character. drag your pet to one of the boxes on the left that are the same size as your pet icon. something will pop uo with numbers on it. punch in your price and press enter. dont forget to set a good sign title. this is done by typing stuff into the big empty space above where your first pet for sale is. after you have done all this, press start, which is in the lower left corner of your sale dialog box. go watch some tv, get a snack, do whatever. i tend to leave my stores up when i sleep.

good luck and happy hunting!!!

------------------------------------------

Guide has been refined. please inform me of any suggestions on how to improve.

Last edited by Guest on January 19th, 2007, 5:48 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Posted: January 18th, 2007, 6:49 pm

rabidsoccerball
rabidsoccerball's Reps:
Yay or nay?

Posted: January 18th, 2007, 9:45 pm

razcal
razcal's Reps:
your data seems very old, wolves are 5k and bears 15k at most now... but at that rate it is way cheaper and more profitable to level to 30 and get good drops to sell to vendors.... But I agree that you can make some start cash taming....

Only your tame guide part needs alot of work....

if you repost a reply and ellaborate I will Yah this....

Raz

Posted: January 19th, 2007, 12:37 pm

rabidsoccerball
rabidsoccerball's Reps:
Just change it in your post with the edit button.

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online