taultunleashed logoThe PvP Guide : Hero Online Submissions
newtopic  postreply
 [ 12 posts ] 
blue large dot

The PvP Guide : Hero Online Submissions

Posted: October 21st, 2006, 9:39 am

stab17
stab17's Reps:
In Hero Online, many people say PvP stands for "Pot vs Pot" but that isn't true, only people with no skill say that.

I will only be talking about the two main pvp types, warrior and assassins are mostly better for pvp and the other two are for party buffing, taming, wars.

There are many ways to build up a character and there isn't only one best build. This game is actually very dynamic and even.

Types of Builds:
dex/int - very easy for training due to the high defense and massive skill damage, you can train at high level places very early. Although they cannot kill as much in PvP it is also funny watching people trying to kill you but only hitting 2's =)
Weakness: Skill def Armor, and musa debuff with physical attack, normaly dies quick because of their low hp
(Recommended class - Warrior because of the hp passive)

str/int - very easy to train also due to the high skill dmg, can normally kill mobs in 2 AoEs (Note: Str/int gets better than dex/int at higher levels for training)
Weakness: skill def armor, musa or champ debuff with physical attack.
(Recommended class - Warrior because of Prayer of Warriors which adds alot of physical attack and def for about 50 seconds. Note: it adds more when intelligence is higher) (Another class would be hunter for str/int because of the passive defense that could be added, this makes the str/int character really powerful and untouchable, almost as if it is dex/int that deals massive dmg.

Lastly, the third type of pvper, this is what i use and i can normally kill people 10-20 levels higher than me (If i hit a crit =) )

Build: str/dex - Just a reminder, i am level 61 with this character with a +4 violet blade 12% Attack rate, The only thing i am going to warn you guys about is grinding, Oh the grinding. It is very hard for str/dex to grind, you deal very low skill dmg which makes it more on the mount style of training. I recommend that str/dex wears all skill def armor for pvp. The good thing about str/dex is the def% and sdef% armors actually have a huge effect on them so you can abuse the use of those types of armors.

(Recommended class: Warrior(Musa) - Prayer of Warrior and the musa debuff, ouch i am not even joking, I hit massive like 500 500 on lvl 70+ with full sky cleaver armor. And if i crit, you know what's gonna happen =)

Weakness: OMG if you get attack debuffed by a champion be ready to stop fighting, your attacks will be very weak, but you can still kill people your level. This is the greatness of str/dex characters. Massive hp, massive def, and massive skill def with the right gear.

I hope people that read this will find it useful.
Thx.

Posted: October 21st, 2006, 10:00 am

lilfisher

Total Posts: 6810
lilfisher's Reps: 63
can a premium member vote yay or nay on this submission

Posted: October 21st, 2006, 11:46 am

knotz_
knotz_'s Reps:
very nice. very useful. yay

Posted: October 21st, 2006, 11:54 am

lilfisher

Total Posts: 6810
lilfisher's Reps: 63
1 yay 0 nays
2 more yays to confirm
3 more nays to lock

Posted: October 21st, 2006, 1:26 pm

xxxgod

Total Posts: 416
xxxgod's Reps: 12
very good, but im neutral.

One thing, i dun understand what u mean by: In Hero Online, many people say PvP stands for "Pot vs Pot" but that isn't true, only people with no skill say that.

When:

PvP stands for Player vs Player
PvM stands for Player vs Monster

Posted: October 21st, 2006, 1:34 pm

knotz_
knotz_'s Reps:
xxxgod (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
very good, but im neutral.

One thing, i dun understand what u mean by: In Hero Online, many people say PvP stands for "Pot vs Pot" but that isn't true, only people with no skill say that.

When:

PvP stands for Player vs Player
PvM stands for Player vs Monster

well, since people say pvp i think he meant player vs player is so pot related i mean like whoever can spam their pots will win. It was a allusion to PvP in Hero.

Posted: October 21st, 2006, 7:24 pm

hottoxic
hottoxic's Reps:
The knowledge of this post is at newbie lvl standard. But the author forgot about the weapon / the weapon's SAR/Para/Poison vs. the class buff/debuffs.
Plus, We need more specific on calculation between damage/skill damage and def/skill def.
One more thing i wana add in this guide is you got to choose to be best in pvp or pvm. U cant have both. If u choose to b good in both, ur char is SUX.
My tip is get ur best build for pvm then after u get lvl 80, u should re-stat ur build for pvp.
For example: for a fist user/shinobi like me. I would re stat to 0 DEX, 40 - 70 STR and the rest to INT for PVP purpose. Y ? cause i have high dodge rate which means pure STR cant even touch me in couple first hits, but i do EXTREMLY high skill damage. But w/ this build, i cant hunt mob the same lvl w/ me.
So i vote nay unless the author gives us more specific study cases.

Posted: October 21st, 2006, 10:54 pm

southofheaven
southofheaven's Reps:
should be called my warrior guide to building a pvp char and definately needs to be more specific so i vote nay

Posted: October 22nd, 2006, 2:25 am

xxxgod

hottoxic i counting yours as a nay, if he edit's changes post can u pm me to say if u want it a yay

1 yay 2 nays
2 more yays to confirm
1 more nays to lock

Posted: October 22nd, 2006, 2:54 am

reijekt

Total Posts: 282
reijekt's Reps: 5
Active User > 50 Posts
I vote yay because I found it informative. though not a guide persay, its got great info in it. and there is no PvM its PvE which stands for Player vs Enviornment. PvM, if at all used, was just brought about recently.

Posted: October 22nd, 2006, 5:32 am

xxxgod

reijekt (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
I vote yay because I found it informative. though not a guide persay, its got great info in it. and there is no PvM its PvE which stands for Player vs Enviornment. PvM, if at all used, was just brought about recently.

beg to differ.

2 yay 2 nays
1 more yays to confirm
1 more nays to lock

Posted: October 22nd, 2006, 5:37 pm

faintcombat1988
faintcombat1988's Reps:
Hate to be devils advocate by nay, found nothing of actual use from the post. As he even left out my build completely, and my build is pretty good for pvp and quite capable of levelling quickly (with the help of a bot of course) cant vouch for the build later on but at my current level, its very good lvl 59.

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online