[ 3 posts ] 
blue large dot

Upgrade GUID2 : KO Submissions

Posted: August 24th, 2006, 12:39 am

dextert
dextert's Reps:
Upgrading Method 2
** good luck reading xD**

One of the most important things you must know when upgrading an item is that there is a possibility for it to break no matter what kind of scroll you use, unless it is an (item upgrade scroll).I have used the following methods to upgrade various different high priced and medium priced items.
The first thing you should know is that there is a reason that a red orb appears when someone breaks an item, in this game for every item someone else breaks you will see a red orb around the anvil. Red is the color you want to see when you're upgrading an item because the more items other people break the better the chance you will upgrade you're own item.
A way to consecutively break items is to buy a lot of low class upgrade scrolls (since their cheap, only 11k) and some low class armors from the npc's at moradon and upgrade

them to +5(you will almost always get them to +5 with ease since they are so cheap). Once you have around 10 armors to +5 you can start breaking them according to the charts below.

REMEMBER I do not recommend breaking you're own items because someone may steal you're breaks.And upgrade their own item. I recommend that you wait until there are the

amount of reds you are waiting for.
THE CHART VOCABULARY
REGULAR UPGRADE SCROLLS = (+5) are the ones you buy from the npc at moradon for about 264k

Blessed UPGRADE SCROLLS = are the ones you buy from the npc at moradon for about 2.4m

Breaks = red orbs around the anvil or in other words the number of items broken at anvil
WITH REGULAR ITEMS (Upgradeable) such as lower {upper class} items (mirages,chittins,etc..)
From +1 to +3 will always work with regular upgrade scrolls
From +3 to +4 you should wait for 2 reds before upgrading
From +4 to +5 you should wait for 3 breaks
From +5 to +6 You should wait for 3 breaks and use a blessed upgrade scroll
From +6 to +7 You should use a blessed upgrade scroll and wait for 4 breaks
when you are using blessed upgrade with a lower upper class item you should wait for the following
From +3 to +4 you should wait for one break
From +4 to +5 you should wait for two breaks
From +5 to +6 you should wait for three breaks
From +6 to +7 You should use a blessed upgrade scroll and wait for 4 breaks
With {Upper Class} items (Upgradeable) such as (Shards, Elixir, Raptor,Shells, etc...)
NOTE: DO NOT USE REGULAR UPGRADE SCROLLS WITH THESE UPPER CLASS ITEMS EXCEPT FROM +1 to +3
From +1 to +3 will always work with regular upgrade scrolls
From +3 to +4 you should use a Blessed upgrade scroll and wait for 3 breaks
From +4 to +5 you should use a blessed upgrade scroll and wait for 4 breaks
From +5 to +6 you should wait for 5 breaks however if you are going to use a Trina which I highly recommend you should only wait for 3 breaks
From +6 to +7 you should wait for 4 breaks and definitely use a Trina

You may think Unique weapons are hard to upgrade but you might be surprised at how easily you can get them to +6

With Unique Items such as (chittin bow, Scorpion bow etc...)
From +0 to +1 will work 100% of the time with a Blessed upgrade scroll
From +1 to +2 will work 100% of the time with a Blessed upgrade scroll
From +2 to +3 will work 100% of the time with a Blessed upgrade scroll
From +3 to +4 you should wait for 3 breaks
From +4 to +5 you should wait for 4 breaks
From +5 to +6 you should wait for 5 breaks or... use a Trina and wait for 3
breaks(use Trina depending on price of item)

From +6 to +7 you should wait for 4 breaks and definitely use a Trinas
From +7 to +8 you should wait for 8 breaks and definitely use a Trinas

Adding enchants to items such as (Str bonus, Dex Bonus, etc...)

When adding enchants to items you must always use a blessed enchant scroll

Adding an enchant at +6 wait for 3
Adding enchant at +7 wait for 4 breaks

Adding Elemental to weapons such as (mirages, shards)
For +6 items wait for 3 breaks
For +7 items wait for 4 breaks

Upgrading an Item to +8 is perhaps the most tricky and hardest things you can do but it is well worth the risk in my opinion You do not upgrade an item to +8 as you would any other item. You must get the item to +7/70 or +7/12 first. After you have achieved this you must use a Trina

along with a blessed upgrade scroll and must wait for 7 breaks(reds). The chances of there being 7 breaks in a row at the anvil are highly unlikely however there are rare times when a noob tries to upgrade an item and fails and the another noob says oh cool someone broke his item so the he tries to upgrade his item but fails, and the same thing keeps happening to noobs kinda like a chain reaction.

This is when the anvil becomes DARK red. Once you see this you know you have hit the Jackpot This would be the right time to upgrade such an item(or any other item) to +8 with no hesitation.

Hesitation is why I lost many of my items before I came up with this method, Remember If you hesitate then someone else will just upgrade their item and if they do it before you You're item will break and theirs will upgrade.

Now for the places where you can put you're scrolls. Take a look at you're keyboard number pad. Now relate you're keyboard number pad to the spots you can put you're scrolls in. Remember the number 5 and 4 spots are always for elemental and enchants. When you are upgrading an item

from +3 to +4 try putting the scroll in the number 9 spot, then after you have done that from +4 to +5 put it in the number 1 spot, From +5 to +6 put it in the number 7 spot

and from +6 to +7 put it in the number 3 spot. For +7 to +8 put it in the number 4 spot, I have always found the

number 4 spot to be "lucky".

Well I hope you learned a lot with this guide and hopefully you will get many items to +8 with this method.

I leave you with a couple of words of wisdom from myself, Upgrading is a very time consuming process which is NOT EASY and pretty expensive. Don't rush it but don't hesitate either.

Remember !@#$%^&* HAPPENS, in other words you cant get em all to +8 lol.

Questions and Answers from buyers like you:

I recently purchased your upgrade strategy guide and have a question about it. I'm having trouble separating the breaks. I'm assuming the red bubbles that swirl around the anvil are what I am supposed to be watching. At times they seem continuous... Am I looking at the wrong red dot? Could you please clarify this for me? Thank You.

I am glad you asked, by red orb around the anvil I mean the number of times someone else breaks an item. Whenever someone breaks an item you will see the red orb (red bubbles) around the anvil. By continuous I assume you mean that there are either continuous red or continuous white orbs around the anvil. Whenever there is a continuous red orb for at least 7 seconds around the anvil you should try your luck at upgrading the item. If you find it hard to separate the red orbs from the white orbs DO NOT try upgrading, this will most of the time result in a break. Instead try going to a different server where there are less people around the anvil.

Thank you and please dont hesitate to ask another question :)

This is the method which I use and have had a lot of success with, I hold no responsibility for broken items and do not guarantee a 100% success rate with this method. Upgrade at you're own risk, and good luck :)

Posted: August 24th, 2006, 7:59 am

reles
reles's Reps:
nay...

like anvil is just lucky... put movie make 1 item to +8 ...
and slots its same !@#$%^&* use packet snifer and you see that

Posted: August 24th, 2006, 10:59 am

Tault_admin

Total Posts: 29974
Tault_admin's Reps: 1444
administrator
Mod in Training
0 yays 3 more to move to confirmed
1 nays 2 more to lock this topic

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online