taultunleashed logoLOTRO Hacks - View any website whilst stil IN GAME hack! : LOTRO - Bots and Hacks
newtopic  postreply
 [ 14 posts ] 
blue large dot

LOTRO Hacks - View any website whilst stil IN GAME hack! : LOTRO - Bots and Hacks

Posted: May 26th, 2007, 6:22 am

x000013

Total Posts: 103
x000013's Reps: 0
Tault Volunteer Staff
I have been working and thinking of this for a while and finally found a way for this to work.

Would anyone find it useful?

Basically the F7 faq,report a bug link..all of them, I've managed to load any site I want..how? well read on.

1) Run a website locally.
2) Add lotro website IP to your own adapter.
3) create a faq.php or bug.php dir so theres no need to even install PHP :)
4) create some html with links, even the one its supposed to bring up so you can submit a bug or read the faq.

I think this would be useful for people with one PC, to stop Alt+Tabing into desktop to view a game map using IE on an external site, you can even read webmail, watch pr0n whilst yr still IG.

I have something special for my next add-on to this feature..so watch this space.

Posted: May 26th, 2007, 7:49 am

Tault_admin

Total Posts: 29974
Tault_admin's Reps: 1444
administrator
Mod in Training
O thats just plain beautiful hah. 300 to you and moved to confirmed.

Posted: May 26th, 2007, 3:59 pm

x000013

Tault Volunteer Staff
If anyone needs any help, pls reply here...as I write this whilst I ride around in lotro :P :)

Posted: May 28th, 2007, 8:26 am

mvrphy
mvrphy's Reps:
Hi mate can you run us through it with a bit more detail on how to get it working :) Do i need to run a local webserver like Apache or Wamp?

Posted: May 28th, 2007, 9:50 am

x000013

Tault Volunteer Staff
mvrphy (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
Hi mate can you run us through it with a bit more detail on how to get it working :) Do i need to run a local webserver like Apache or Wamp?

I run lhttpd for windows, but it works also work for apache (and tested).

Grab the lotro website ip and bind that to your local adapter.
Configure your local website to run on port 80, as lhttpd picks a stupid port.
Create a faq.php, bug.php and gameinformation.php directory within your htdocs folder, this neat trick saves you installing PHP. Then drop a index.html file into each directory with your own html :).
Remember to add links in your html so you can still read the faq and gameinformation and also submit a bug :)

Posted: May 30th, 2007, 6:16 am

x000013

Tault Volunteer Staff
Ok it seems they have slightly changed the way the game client calls the sites now.

I am working on this, expect an update in a day or two.

Posted: May 30th, 2007, 7:05 am

mvrphy
mvrphy's Reps:
Excellent :twisted:

Posted: May 31st, 2007, 1:17 am

x000013

Tault Volunteer Staff
Ok you need to download and run a windows websever called MYSERVER. I wanted to install a lightweight web server that supports php...

You can grab it here; http://www.myserverproject.net/forum/portal.php. Only difference from my steps above is that this webserver needs to be installed instead of lhttpd or apache(with php support). Now that they have added PHP params to the php files the faq.php directory creation trick no longer works :(.

I installed with no service or control support, to make it lightweight as possible.

Now this has been tested on vista and does work, I would expect the same on XP.

Posted: May 31st, 2007, 2:46 pm

surf420
surf420's Reps:
I dont understand what this does.. does it just make it so u can go on like google or taul while ur palying lotro

Posted: May 31st, 2007, 5:55 pm

klemmbob

Total Posts: 677
klemmbob's Reps: 137
surf420 (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
I dont understand what this does.. does it just make it so u can go on like google or taul while ur palying lotro

Yes, so you dont have to tab out.

Posted: June 1st, 2007, 2:03 am

x000013

Tault Volunteer Staff
The lotro ingame browser is called 'trowser' by Turbine.

I tried my trick on the site that pulls the information into the window that F7 brings up but the game crashes as it requires other services from that IP.

Im working on a downloadable zip so no one has to do anything apart from bind the www.lotro.com or www.lotro-europe.com IP to their own network adapter, and run the exe.

Posted: July 5th, 2007, 1:15 pm

asdf_man
asdf_man's Reps:
x000013 (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):

I tried my trick on the site that pulls the information into the window that F7 brings up but the game crashes as it requires other services from that IP.

Im working on a downloadable zip so no one has to do anything apart from bind the www.lotro.com or www.lotro-europe.com IP to their own network adapter, and run the exe.

Rather than bind the IP to your adapter it would be much simpler to just make an entry in your hosts file.

c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts

In this file, just add the IP of 127.0.0.1 and the host name/web site name you want to spoof.

Posted: July 5th, 2007, 3:02 pm

x000013

Tault Volunteer Staff
asdf_man (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
x000013 (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):

Rather than bind the IP to your adapter it would be much simpler to just make an entry in your hosts file.

c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts

In this file, just add the IP of 127.0.0.1 and the host name/web site name you want to spoof.

You would think so, but no the game uses the actual server IP rather than its DNS name :).

Im working on a nice small package to share if the new LOTROE bot does not have map/waypoints included.

Posted: April 11th, 2008, 1:55 pm

thenetavenger
thenetavenger's Reps:
klemmbob (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
surf420 (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):

Yes, so you dont have to tab out.

I know this is an older thread, but if this is important to you, run LOTRO in a Window instead of full screen. (No Alt Tabbing.)

Also if you are using Vista with AERO ON, you will get awesome game performance and can even set your browser or the game to transparent level using a 3rd party tool so you can see both at once.

Running games in VIsta with Aero ON, is one of the great things Vista can do that just doesn't have the performance of trying to do the same thing with Windows XP.

In fact some games like CoV/CoH will run faster in a Window with Aero on than full screen, as full screen always turns off DWM, and for some games the DWM using the shared surface can write to the video card faster than the game inherently can.

(These technologies are why Vista took a while for Video driver companies to catch up with, but are also things you can't do on any other consumer OS, from XP to OS X.)

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online