taultunleashed logoLOTRO Cheats - Crawler deed exploit for Trollshaws : LOTRO - Exploits
newtopic  postreply
 [ 12 posts ] 
blue large dot

LOTRO Cheats - Crawler deed exploit for Trollshaws : LOTRO - Exploits

Posted: July 6th, 2007, 1:34 pm

narniac
narniac's Reps:
Ok, so if you're level 50 like I am and are working on getting your deeds done, you will love this! The Determination Crawler Kill deed in Trollshaws really sucks! There are only about 7 that are up in the zone (night time about 9-10), so it takes FOREVER. So, I figured a way to speed things up a bit. If you haven't done "the riddle," quest out of Rivendale, you're in luck! Basically get the quest, and get to the part where you go to the cave and solve the final riddle. When you zone into the cave, there will be 3 crawlers you can kill. Guess what, just zone in and kill them, then zone out, zone back in... Rinse and repeat. It's a hellavu lot easier than camping a 7 spawn and much, much faster!

Enjoy!

Last edited by Guest on July 7th, 2007, 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: July 7th, 2007, 7:44 am

Tault_admin

Total Posts: 29974
Tault_admin's Reps: 1444
administrator
Mod in Training
Can premium members say yay or nay to this being moved to a confirmed section.

Posted: July 11th, 2007, 4:30 am

saereth

Total Posts: 39
saereth's Reps: 0
Confirmed, also works if you are grouped with someone that has the quest, although its not an instant reset when you go out/back in it is fairly quick.

Posted: July 11th, 2007, 9:44 pm

smittydks
smittydks's Reps:
You can get a heck of a lot more than 7, if you go over near the wolf den... only a few may be up. Clear everything including the bears in that area and they will respawn w/ more crawlers night or day. The key is that the bears share spawns with the crawlers in TS... just as the worms share spawns w/ the blight bears. Which makes those 2 deeds there really !@#$%^&*.

Posted: July 11th, 2007, 10:03 pm

Tault_admin

administrator
Mod in Training
500 to you and moved to confirmed

Posted: July 25th, 2007, 8:43 am

tault_trem0r

Total Posts: 1
tault_trem0r's Reps: 0
premium
There is a much easier way to do the crawler deed. :)

Here is how you do it. I killed 400 or so in about an hour and 15 mins. If you are a dps class, be thankful.

Anyways, here is how you do it:

Zone into the riddle cave just outside of Rivendell. As a previous poster stated, there are 3 initial crawlers. Just AOE or kill those one at a time when they are up (think they are on a 2-3 min timer).

Here is where you will rack in the kills... In the far back is one lonesome crawler. When you attack it, it will spawn two adds with only like 600 morale. Kill those two adds while leaving the main crawler alive and run back to the entrance. The main mob will reset as soon as you get to the zone-in area.

Rinse/repeat. Enjoy getting the crawler deed done in a timely manner now. If others are camping the area, join up with them. Just have one person focus on one add, while another kills other one. Then both run back to start area. Rinse/repeat. You should get the drill now.

Posted: July 29th, 2007, 6:16 am

6point6

Total Posts: 79
6point6's Reps: 1
Active User > 50 Posts
The Riddle Cave is nerfed.. they doesnt count as kills nomore

Posted: July 30th, 2007, 7:17 am

Tault_admin

administrator
Mod in Training
Can another premium member confirm this to be nerfed.

Posted: August 11th, 2007, 2:01 am

drexel
drexel's Reps:
tault_trem0r (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
There is a much easier way to do the crawler deed. :)

Here is how you do it. I killed 400 or so in about an hour and 15 mins. If you are a dps class, be thankful.

Anyways, here is how you do it:

Zone into the riddle cave just outside of Rivendell. As a previous poster stated, there are 3 initial crawlers. Just AOE or kill those one at a time when they are up (think they are on a 2-3 min timer).

Here is where you will rack in the kills... In the far back is one lonesome crawler. When you attack it, it will spawn two adds with only like 600 morale. Kill those two adds while leaving the main crawler alive and run back to the entrance. The main mob will reset as soon as you get to the zone-in area.

Rinse/repeat. Enjoy getting the crawler deed done in a timely manner now. If others are camping the area, join up with them. Just have one person focus on one add, while another kills other one. Then both run back to start area. Rinse/repeat. You should get the drill now.

I just finished the Deed (I had less than 200 left) in about an Hour using this method. Previously I had killed all 6 and waited around...deadly boredom.

Thanks!

Posted: August 11th, 2007, 10:19 am

6point6

Total Posts: 79
6point6's Reps: 1
Active User > 50 Posts
hmm i did the attack the one in the end like 10 times where i killed the two adds.

didnt get kills for any of them
started on 122 and ended on 123 because i killed the mother once.

Posted: November 5th, 2007, 12:20 am

pulseriver
pulseriver's Reps:
did this yesterday, still works great, thx for this info!

Posted: February 9th, 2008, 3:24 pm

aillia

Total Posts: 3
aillia's Reps: 0
still works like a charm! thanks!

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online