taultunleashed logoLOTRO Cheats - Zone Resetting, You And Your Mob/MiningNodes! : LOTRO - Exploits
newtopic  postreply
 [ 20 posts ]  1, 2  Next
blue large dot

LOTRO Cheats - Zone Resetting, You And Your Mob/MiningNodes! : LOTRO - Exploits

Posted: July 29th, 2007, 6:22 am

6point6

Total Posts: 79
6point6's Reps: 1
Active User > 50 Posts
Actually doing this in a less crowded time can get ur farming running much faster..

What you need is a countdown timer, and ur lotr, and ur mining pick etc.

Find a good place to grind, i found a place in Misty Mountains with 2 mining (Ancient, Plat, MM Silver) and 2 wood (Black Ash) nodes in a semi same place.. All the way east before u enter giants hall through where u posted Watch Out Giants sign..

This place rocks if ur miner and forester.

Login, enter the zone, mine / harvest everything.
Logout
wait 65+ seconds from when the red text from login screen dissapear.
Login and enjoy a new zone with new monsters, new nodes etc.. Everything is randomized as long a player doesnt enter the zone in the 65 seconds.

For instance u dont want platinum.. hell just leave it be and do this. and the nodes are resetted.

Enjoy..

ps A good days work gave me:

1242 Black Ash
452 Ancient Iron
217 Misty Mountain Silver
236 Platinum
76 Beryls
52 Iron Oxides

and the occasional crap gems from platinum which i dumped for more room :D

Oh i also had 3 picks and 3 axes with me ^^

Wonder about room? The start camp is a small but useable place, put my map there, and repaired when needed!

Also once a day, sometime twice you got the rare mob trigger. but it wont work unless you kill one of the shared spawns.. Just reset, check. Reset check and on and on. Then have a OCR running to check mob names, an an alert when the right name is there.

Posted: July 30th, 2007, 7:17 am

Tault_admin

Total Posts: 29974
Tault_admin's Reps: 1444
administrator
Mod in Training
O nice nice

Can premium members say yay or nay to this being moved to a confirmed section.

Posted: July 31st, 2007, 7:04 am

x000013

Total Posts: 103
x000013's Reps: 0
Tault Volunteer Staff
Is this instance West or East passage into Giant Halls? Ideally if you can throw a loc I'll check it out.

Posted: July 31st, 2007, 11:36 am

6point6

Active User > 50 Posts
You can do it anywhere its not an instance.... but the most eastern one is where i use to do it.

Posted: July 31st, 2007, 12:16 pm

Tault_admin

administrator
Mod in Training
Can we get a yay x000013?

Posted: July 31st, 2007, 11:45 pm

tault_eq_muse

Total Posts: 100
tault_eq_muse's Reps: 0
Active User > 50 Posts
Tried it in six different parts of MM. Worked in three, not in the other three. Had another acct logged in at Gloin's Camp, and there were only me, me, and one other person (farming scholar stuffs, so not near me) in the zone.

I give it a thumbs up -- but if the spot you try doesn't reset after a couple tries, pick another.

Posted: August 1st, 2007, 3:54 am

x000013

Tault Volunteer Staff
Tault_admin (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
Can we get a yay x000013?

I'll try it tonight, sorry got tied up with PvP :)

Posted: August 1st, 2007, 4:55 am

chip5150
chip5150's Reps:
Seems like a waste of time, really. In MM, most nodes reset within 120 seconds. I say no, as this isn't a cheat/exploit. How is logging out/in an exploit?

Posted: August 1st, 2007, 7:51 am

x000013

Tault Volunteer Staff
chip5150 (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
Seems like a waste of time, really. In MM, most nodes reset within 120 seconds. I say no, as this isn't a cheat/exploit. How is logging out/in an exploit?

Last time I checked, nodes were on a 2 minute timer, this was when the game first came out in pre-order stages.

I'll do another timer check.

The OP says you can reset what nodes have spawned by logging out and back in again, maybe you leaving the zone does the same so you can farm another node in a different zone, I just dont know how this can be... I'll findout later :)

Posted: August 1st, 2007, 10:53 am

6point6

Active User > 50 Posts
you can leave and come back again yes. to reset zones that is.. this is an exploit since it was never intended for people to do this.. mines has spawn timer which goes bewteen 60 seconds yes but also up to 5 minutes. so just camping is gambling. this way you can have instantly respawns every minutes approx, as long you are alone in the zone.

As i said this also works with monster spawns. where in fact there are a couple of grindable signatures with 5-6 minute spawn.

if another player just touches the edge of the zone u want to reset within the 62 seconds.. it wont reset. and the reset timer will be reset.

The place in misty mountain works well since its not that much overrun.

But this is how i see it..
If a zone is unoccypied for 65seconds, the server kills that zone, maybe to save resources?. and when a player finally hits that zone again or gets close to it. The server loads it up and places the random nodes and mobs.
However if that someone has very far distance view with showing mobs and objects. They dont have to be that close to a zone for it to be loaded.

Keep in mind this is still experimental, but it worked for me. for an entire day with the occasional glinses when ppl had to cross the zone to complete 1 of the 2 quests south of there. But in generally in one day, i did farm 65-70% more than i used to.. So you calling it a waste of time chip??? your loss.

And you dont really think this is exploiting the game mechanics? hell then i would love to hear your oopinion on what an exploit is.

Posted: August 1st, 2007, 11:19 am

littlebig
littlebig's Reps:
yay ... and yes, this is an exploit of game mechanics.

Posted: August 1st, 2007, 3:26 pm

Tault_admin

administrator
Mod in Training
yea Im agreeing with him Im sure we can find big exploits from this one soon. Such as dupes ect ect. Moving to confirmed and 750 to you.

Posted: August 1st, 2007, 10:03 pm

pimpoo
pimpoo's Reps:
man i tried in different locations there was no one with me and never worked could someone please give me locs from a spot where it works ?

Posted: August 2nd, 2007, 1:31 am

6point6

Active User > 50 Posts
i just used it before servers went down to fast reset mobs of angmarim in evendim.. Since my lvl 45 only could take 1 at a time :) i fast ran out of single spawns. this did the trick for me..

You say you cant find a spot where it works?
You do know that if someone has that feat where u cant inspect them
(anony) you cant see them in O log either.
Also zone sizes varies alot..

Also when u log out there is a text saying waiting to log out. This means your char is still ingame, and you shouldn start counting down before that text dissapears.

Posted: August 6th, 2007, 1:17 pm

pulseriver
pulseriver's Reps:
tried it, but didnĀ“t worked.
Maybe it has been changed, fixed?!

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online