newtopic  postreply
 [ 8 posts ] 
blue large dot

LoTRO Exploits - Creep in GV : LOTRO - Exploits

Posted: July 1st, 2009, 7:13 pm

tyrant16

Total Posts: 4
tyrant16's Reps: 0
Topic says all. This is deemed an exploit by Turbine, and I thought it would be appropriate if I shared it on this site.

Allow me to preface this a little bit. For this series of jumps, either a reaver or warg class is needed because they each have a +200% run speed buff. I'd reccommend to save yourself some grief that you either level a reaver to R3 for charge or level a warg to R2 for the 5min sprint. If you opt not to, you have to do all the jumps with a greenie warg, and sprint is on a 10minute cooldown. Obviously if you miss one of the jumps you have to start all over again.

With all that said, the actual series of jumps starts in Dar-Gazag. Once you're there, head to the tyrant room and jump up a barricade as shown in pic 1.

1) First jump is straightforward, hop onto the barricade by jumping towards the tip of the protruding spike. Once you've reached the highest point of the barricade, pop sprint/charge and jump to the broken wall. Keep heading up the wall until another ledge branches off to your right. Keep going until the 2nd screenshot.

2) Once you're ontop of the archway, jump to the next ledge as shown. Head left, careful to keep on the ledge at all times. Once
you're at the end of this ledge, carefully jump or walk onto the next pillar. Continue down this one, jumping over a small hump and
follow the arrow to the next pillar.

3) Now that you're on the pillar in screenshot 3, you'll need to sprint/charge jump across to the pillar opposite you, and hop onto the right ledge. After about halfway down, (while still in sprint), get a running jump and aim to the "invisible wall" as shown. Make sure
you don't stop pushing forward, or you'll miss it.

4) When you're on the invisble wall, jump off to the patch of land to your left. Once you're on land again (yay), careful walk
forward until you hit another invisible wall. Walk carefully to your left, and eventually you'll be able to bypass the wall.

5) This is by far the hardest jump of them all. When you're at the point (X) on the screenshot, you'll need to sprint jump and jump to
the left and arc around to the broken wall. Whatever you do, don't jump diagonally because you'll hit the same invisible wall. This
may take several tries, and its quite frustrating but it is still doable. If you make it to this point, fall down on the other side
and explore!

Proof that creeps can get in GV:

http://i874.photobucket.com/albums/ab30 ... t00903.jpg

Last edited by tyrant16 on September 5th, 2009, 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: July 2nd, 2009, 6:00 pm

Tault_admin

Total Posts: 29974
Tault_admin's Reps: 1444
administrator
Mod in Training
Can members say yay or nay to this being usefull so it may be moved to the confirmed section? If you say nay please say why so we can help others know.

Posted: July 3rd, 2009, 2:45 pm

tyrant16

Any feedback? Would really like to know if anyone can understand this wall of text :P

Posted: July 4th, 2009, 4:41 pm

Tault_admin

administrator
Mod in Training
Im sure hardsell will be replying to this one shortly :)

Posted: July 5th, 2009, 5:13 am

hardsell

Total Posts: 703
hardsell's Reps: 1487
premium
I never did pvp except to build up destiny points (pvp's sole purpose, stated by devs) in the day doing the creep 2500 destiny point 15 minute run strategy

this is in the main forums, pretty well known enough to get a warning from a dev:

from: http://forums.lotro.com/showpost.php?p= ... stcount=32

Re: So is the Grams Exploit going to get dealt with?

Ok, so here is the deal on this.

We never intended players on either side to be able to enter Grams or GV, and we will be taking steps to try and ensure this is not possible in the future. In the meantime any freep caught in Grams, and likewise any creep caught in GV, will be subject to disciplinary action from our GM's which could include being banned. This behavior was not intended and will not be tolerated.

We encourage anyone who sees this behavior occurring to immediately submit a ticket to the GM's on the issue so they can investigate the matter further.

===========

no other comment except to be careful trying it, to not get banned

Posted: July 5th, 2009, 9:49 am

tyrant16

Yup, some !@#$%^&* decided to post screenshots on the public forums, and unfortunately Turbine caught wind of it. Words cannot express his stupidity. :(

Even with all the drama, I still have not been banned or warned, and have done the exploit multiple times.

I should have included this in my first post, but: As a forewarning to those who try the jump, keep it on the down low.

Posted: July 5th, 2009, 4:40 pm

Tault_admin

administrator
Mod in Training
Well still premium granted.

Posted: July 12th, 2009, 10:43 am

louzer

Total Posts: 9
louzer's Reps: 0
Yes it worked.

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online