taultunleashed logofarming beryl shards : LOTRO - Discussions
newtopic  postreply
 [ 11 posts ] 
blue large dot

farming beryl shards : LOTRO - Discussions

Posted: October 2nd, 2007, 11:44 am

garrett29
garrett29's Reps:
Where can a 48 grd farm Beryl shards solo? i need shards to craft and so on.... places, tricks, hints?

Posted: October 3rd, 2007, 11:51 am

wickedfooker
wickedfooker's Reps:
Found a very easy Elite level 42 Worm (I forgot the name) on the way over to The Wovenvales from Thingroth. There is a valley that is south of Thoroniel(npc), but closer to Thingroth. There are a few level 40-41 elite spiders and normal worms there as PH's. I am not sure exactly the spawn rate, or his exact PH, but I thought it was rather easy for a Beryl Shard considering his low level.

Another easy one is in Angmar. Level 45 Signature (3.6k hps) Neeker named Swale Singer. Need a tracker for him though, as he is roamer with a similar route as that Ancient Turtle that roams around endlessly. Although I have seen posted in places that he also has a static spawn north just before the Death Statues in Malanhad as well, but not confirmed. Have killed him a few times when lucky, but now that I am nearing 45 on my new hunter can track him :P

Posted: October 4th, 2007, 2:05 pm

rhodan007

Total Posts: 63
rhodan007's Reps: 0
premium
I have searched this valley, without sucess.
Could you maybe check the localisation?

Posted: October 5th, 2007, 6:17 am

hardsell

Total Posts: 703
hardsell's Reps: 1487
premium
from the lotro forums Fizen has a list of every known named critter and npc and what type of shard it drops, even has known place holder info to what you kill to make named to spawn

http://lotro-rares.bizhat.com/

while your farming you often get purple items for crafting this list tells you for what profession they are for->

Fizen's mastery (critter parts for crit's ) list http://lotro-rares.bizhat.com/mastery.html

When you get a single use recipe to drop this list tells you what critter part you need (old recipe) and the level of recipe should tell you what shard you would need (new recipes) Fizen's single use recipe list http://lotro-rares.bizhat.com/recipes.html

Posted: October 6th, 2007, 4:21 am

rhodan007

premium
True.

But I play on the french version and the names don't match, that's why I asked more information about the Worm. Because I think I have the valley (matchs the description), but no named there...

Posted: October 6th, 2007, 9:35 am

hardsell

Total Posts: 703
hardsell's Reps: 1487
premium
okay, but I can only search english sites for info

list of all mobs in troll shaws
http://lotro.mmodb.com/bestiary/zone-trollshaws/

search engine for bestiary
http://lotro.mmodb.com/bestiary/search/

I searched for dragon, and dragon-kind

and only baushat came up, I killed him doing spiders in the north west part of trollshaws above Toki the dwarf you protect, and if I recall it right at the time I only got a pocket item from him

http://lotro.mmodb.com/bestiary/baushat-2690.php

and of course the mehq map is available in french but no location for baushat

http://mehq.net/dynmap/index.php?lang=fr

Posted: October 7th, 2007, 10:56 pm

rhodan007

premium
I found finally Baushat.

I was at the good place from the beginning, but a Chinese is farming the worm 24h/24, 7d/7 lol

I have difficulties to accept than young people there are paid for the quantity of pixels-beryls they have at the end of the journey. I thought than slaves belonged to the past...

It was difficult to react quicker than him, I just suceed once.

But congratzz for the two spots :)

Posted: October 14th, 2007, 10:28 pm

garrett29
garrett29's Reps:
does anyone know any tricks to Bisil Blood-Axe? the site says PH = place holders spawn south of his spawn i kill PH in area south and at the camp fire. took 3 hours to make him spawn once. just wondered does anyone know any real tricks to this guy? killing the elephants help maybe? as a PH.... lol

Posted: October 14th, 2007, 10:30 pm

garrett29
garrett29's Reps:
rhodan007 (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
I found finally Baushat.

I was at the good place from the beginning, but a Chinese is farming the worm 24h/24, 7d/7 lol

I have difficulties to accept than young people there are paid for the quantity of pixels-beryls they have at the end of the journey. I thought than slaves belonged to the past...

It was difficult to react quicker than him, I just suceed once.

But congratzz for the two spots :)

the coords were the chinese farmer would sit? i would like to try to farm this myself. i am yet to find him....

Posted: October 16th, 2007, 2:49 pm

wickedfooker
wickedfooker's Reps:
Another fairly easy kill is:

Sadauk 47-48S Goblin Angmar 0.9N, 24.7W
Y
This mob has 3 ph's in Gorothlad:
1 is static @ listed ;loc
2 is @ ;loc 1.2N, 24.7W - Roams west almost to the swamp where he turns north to the wall, and then east back towards his spawn point.
3 is @ ;loc 0.7N, 25.2W - Roams SE down from on top of the hill to the bottom of the hill where he turns NE and roams up the hill where he turns NW and paths all the way to the static's location and then turns SW to his spawn point and repeats.

Only a signature mob. Very easy kill. Drops Beryl Shard as well. I found him Northeast of the entrance to the Orc camp. Seems to have a few PH's.

Posted: October 17th, 2007, 8:22 pm

garrett29
garrett29's Reps:
wickedfooker (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
Another fairly easy kill is:

Sadauk 47-48S Goblin Angmar 0.9N, 24.7W
Y
This mob has 3 ph's in Gorothlad:
1 is static @ listed ;loc
2 is @ ;loc 1.2N, 24.7W - Roams west almost to the swamp where he turns north to the wall, and then east back towards his spawn point.
3 is @ ;loc 0.7N, 25.2W - Roams SE down from on top of the hill to the bottom of the hill where he turns NE and roams up the hill where he turns NW and paths all the way to the static's location and then turns SW to his spawn point and repeats.

Only a signature mob. Very easy kill. Drops Beryl Shard as well. I found him Northeast of the entrance to the Orc camp. Seems to have a few PH's.

not to nit pick or a anything but be awesome if u can get a map of angmar and put a red dot on where he is at? ;loc gets me confused alot then again i mostly drunk when i play

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online