taultunleashed logoFew questions bout items and PvP : LOTRO - Discussions
newtopic  postreply
 [ 6 posts ] 
blue large dot

Few questions bout items and PvP : LOTRO - Discussions

Posted: March 28th, 2007, 8:18 pm

wickermanz
wickermanz's Reps:
I have not even tested the beta yet so was just wonderin a few things.

For Items.
When u equip an armor or wep or whatever in this game do the items get soulbound to you ? Like i was wonderin if you could earn a really sweat item set and when u get something better or something if you can selll your old gear to people ?

For PvP.
Can You PvP anywhere to anybody at anytime ?
Also when u get killed by a player do you loose some items gold or xp ?

Posted: March 29th, 2007, 4:26 am

knucca
knucca's Reps:
Some items are bound to you but not all. Bound items cannot be sold to other players, I think they can be sold to an npc though.

There are 3 types:
Normal: Just a normal can trade to whomever.
Bind on Equip: Bound to you when you equip it. Can be sold to players as long as you have not equipped it.
Bind on Aquire: As soon as you get the item it is bound to you. Cannot be sold to players.

For PVP you need to go to the designated Monster Play area, the Ettenmoors. To play as a monster you need to be level 10 and find a Fell Scrying Pool to teleport in. To join as your main character, it needs to be level 40 and you join by going to Rivendell.

Couldn't say what is lost on a real playing character during monster play, never played one. Normal deaths only give you dread and lots of item wear so couldn't be any more then that.

Monsters don't lose anything.

Posted: March 29th, 2007, 7:49 am

wickermanz
wickermanz's Reps:
Ohh ok thz for that.. sorta disapointing this game seems alot like WoW from what you have said literilly (Bind on Auire - Bind on Pickup) and only really item wear from being PvP'd.

Thz for that man apreciated.

Posted: March 31st, 2007, 9:53 pm

yoyowhatup
yoyowhatup's Reps:
wickermanz, WoW totally reshaped what MMOs are, so it can't be helped when another game has features from WoW. If they weren't included, people would complain about the game lacking. I promise that this game DOES include features different from WoW that are funner.

Posted: April 1st, 2007, 1:50 am

wickermanz
wickermanz's Reps:
Ill be the judge of that on April 6th when I try for the beta testing and if it is funner ofcourse ill buy the game :) .

Posted: April 1st, 2007, 3:12 pm

yoyowhatup
yoyowhatup's Reps:
wickermanz (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
Ill be the judge of that on April 6th when I try for the beta testing and if it is funner ofcourse ill buy the game :) .

Well I hope to see you around then. Keep in mind there's going to be way less room than required for all of the beta keys that got sent out so... I hope you get in, haha.

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online