taultunleashed logogetting banned : LOTRO - Discussions
newtopic  postreply
 [ 10 posts ] 
blue large dot

getting banned : LOTRO - Discussions

Posted: May 10th, 2007, 10:45 am

coreyk67
coreyk67's Reps:
i was wondering how would i get banned using something like autoit? how can they tell i am using it?

Posted: May 11th, 2007, 4:12 am

x000013

Total Posts: 103
x000013's Reps: 0
Tault Volunteer Staff
Have you actually been banned, have you asked to see the evidence? If your using a bot and your AFK and a GM talks to you and gets no reply, or your toon is obviously a bot then you will get banned, or someone has reported your toon acting like a bot.

Posted: May 11th, 2007, 12:37 pm

coreyk67
coreyk67's Reps:
no i havn't been banned... im just a little paranoin thats all. Do they have anyway of telling what software i am running?

Posted: May 12th, 2007, 1:09 am

x000013

Total Posts: 103
x000013's Reps: 0
Tault Volunteer Staff
I believe its illegal for them to scan your PC without asking you, Im also sure if they put this into the EULA there would be an uproar.

Posted: May 28th, 2007, 4:22 am

kim2222
kim2222's Reps:
dosent wow scan your pc to see what programs are running?

something called warden which scans pc to see if a list of programs (like autoit) is running

Posted: May 28th, 2007, 10:33 am

hardsell

Total Posts: 703
hardsell's Reps: 1487
premium
Thought I read that too, abour warden actually getting inside your pc.

The day after the worst time on my server -> queue's to get on, multiple crashes when there had been only two for all of beta they had posts in the official lotro forums that turbine had banned all botters and those using third party programs that they could identify

seemed to be true with ?? dozens/hundreds posting they had been caught and booted

Posted: July 11th, 2007, 4:25 am

saereth

Total Posts: 39
saereth's Reps: 0
Turbine used a formula to mass ban gold farmers and inadvertently banned hundreds of innocent players as well, they since restored those accounts but the people that bought and sold gold remained banned. They haven't done any wide sweeping bot bans but in all honestly botting doesn't help you much in this game. You could run around a field with some script killing mobs that are blue to you all night and maybe get a level and a half or just do a couple quests in an hour or two to accomplish the same thing and get nice rewards. So thats why I don't think they've bothered cracking down on bots too much. As for how can they tell? If they see you've been online and not idle for 20+ hours straight in the same area thats a red flag, or someone could report you, either way tho when they sent you a tell if your character is doing stuff and you aren't there to respond you're violating the TOS and they'll ban you.

Posted: July 11th, 2007, 6:33 am

Tault_mississippi

Total Posts: 257
Tault_mississippi's Reps: 0
Lifetime Member (Scripting)
premium
SAERETH inadvertantly posses the delima - why bot when you can just do a couple of quests for the same level + rewards.

1. Farming Materials - loving the fact that when a zone goes grey, nothing aggros. Take your level 25+ Explorer on a Bree Wide gathering spree - hitting nothing but mining\forestry nodes.

2. Farming Deeds - Ooops, just discovered the need to kill 90 slugs in the Shire to get the next level of my most desirable Virtue. Turn on the bot, go to supper, come back - new virtue upgrade.

3. Automation Rocks - Figuring out how to develop a bot and run it for long periods of time, in such a way that it appears to be controlled by a human - is just cool. I mean seriously, that's far more challenging and fun than simply completing a couple of quests! :-)

Posted: July 11th, 2007, 8:28 am

saereth

Total Posts: 39
saereth's Reps: 0
Those are totally valid points, its just in my experience I get far more in the short time playing than I would ever get farming grey mobs so much that the risk doesn't outweigh the reward for me, but I do see your point.. now you mentioned a mining bot... THAT would be awesome if you find one let me know ;)

Posted: July 22nd, 2007, 8:58 am

6point6

Total Posts: 79
6point6's Reps: 1
Active User > 50 Posts
Turning down sound effect and UI effects to max, then boost ur speaker volume. and now i think u will hear if someone whisps u! Already been asked by a gm once. But i could reply 5 sec after i heard the sound.

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online