taultunleashed logoGood or Bad MMO? : LOTRO - Discussions
newtopic  postreply
 [ 31 posts ]  1, 2, 3  Next
blue large dot

Good or Bad MMO? : LOTRO - Discussions

Posted: February 16th, 2007, 12:46 am

taruspinal
taruspinal's Reps:
Now i don't like to be flamed but is this like other MMO's trouble with MPK and such, in game currency? RMT? i mean will this be another WoW? or FFXI? or CoH/CoV? i'm gonna try it out before i get too much into it... hope they place a trial on it... although plent of keys for beta testing are out there just have to get one at the right time... *waits for noon to come around*

Posted: February 16th, 2007, 1:00 am

lilfisher

Total Posts: 6810
lilfisher's Reps: 63
horrible i say personally. it will only be filled by fanboys in the future

Posted: February 16th, 2007, 4:56 am

lovatime
lovatime's Reps:
I agree 100% with what lilfisher said, after two or three months the only people who are going to be playing LOTRO are the die hard fans....nothing against you if you are a die hard fan though

Posted: February 16th, 2007, 3:55 pm

cori_tim

Total Posts: 143
cori_tim's Reps: 2
Active User > 50 Posts
I'm not sure it will be a fanboy game at all. Sure you will have the Role-Players and the occasional flamboyant Hobbit but I haven't seen a really good MMO in quite a while.

Currently I am playing Hero Online and it leaves much to be desired.

As for LOTRO, will it become another WOW or FFXI I just don't know. The possibilities are there but we will just have to find out.

And by the way, Hi to Taruspinal I haven't seen you post since the FFXI days.

Posted: February 19th, 2007, 4:23 pm

kasar99

Total Posts: 8
kasar99's Reps: 0
premium
cori_tim (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
I'm not sure it will be a fanboy game at all. Sure you will have the Role-Players and the occasional flamboyant Hobbit but I haven't seen a really good MMO in quite a while.

They seem to still be working on the classes, their posted plans for them versus what's been implemented still has a lot of work to be done. End game's still a question.

One thing for it though is that it's a Turbine game. From their history with others, it should continue to have additions for the life of the game.

Posted: February 22nd, 2007, 12:40 pm

tault_recon81
tault_recon81's Reps:
its going to be like galaxies if you ask me... no it wont have lasers, but the gameplay will be there in the beginning of the game, however i believe its going to be like what other ppl are saying, "a fanboy game" like swg.

but i got high hopes... like in swg lol

Posted: February 22nd, 2007, 1:09 pm

no_grip
no_grip's Reps:
Well I am a fan of the LOTR series of games so far ... heres hoping this one stacks up. :lol:

Posted: February 22nd, 2007, 8:15 pm

cori_tim

Total Posts: 143
cori_tim's Reps: 2
Active User > 50 Posts
Woot! just got my Beta key.

Posted: February 28th, 2007, 10:41 pm

Wild_Monkey

Total Posts: 224
Wild_Monkey's Reps: 1
premium
Out of 22 beta applications in my guild 12 got in during Alpha 2...we played a bit when we first got in...but most have got tired of it...and the general consensus is...it's nothing special.

I reached Rivendell and the Misty Mountains as a level 10...facing level 40's along the way..I shouldn't be able to run through a game like that. And yes I have screenshots with Bilbo, Frodo, Aragorn, Boromir, Gandalf, and Elrond (all of which were in Rivendell).

Perhaps we should give it another try after all this time (we got in at like September or something)...but most of us just don't feel the urge to play it and are waiting for the Star Trek or StarGate MMO's in development. I play Guild Wars...most of the rest play WoW (they're addicted...trust me I've tried). I am a fan of the Movies primarily. I've played some of the games...so I was expecting...something more than I got. Note though that these comments are based on something just after "Beta" started...since I was playing before that and haven't played since. So things could have changed dramatically since then...I sure hope they have...For those really interested in the lore of the LotR universe I hope they get what they are expecting.

Posted: March 1st, 2007, 1:36 pm

phoenix99
phoenix99's Reps:
Don't base a game off of Beta Alpha's

Posted: March 1st, 2007, 4:35 pm

lilfisher

its how people base a lot of games because thats the only version you got to base it on. you can NEVER trust what a company says because it can change at any moment like a beta

Posted: March 2nd, 2007, 1:18 pm

xerenix
xerenix's Reps:
The game has changed since the closed Beta.

Posted: March 2nd, 2007, 2:25 pm

lilfisher

not for the better though ^^

Posted: March 10th, 2007, 1:47 pm

meraxis
meraxis's Reps:
Its not a bad PvE Game, again nothing groundbreaking. They do a alot of things WoW does... maybe even better. If you are in it for the PvP though, you might be sorely disappointed.

Posted: March 10th, 2007, 6:41 pm

hatrickdread
hatrickdread's Reps:
You have to Love Te Environment of games as well as Mass RP play. Most people in my Kinship are over the age of 30 and all mature.

You do have to like LOTRO to like this game lol

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online