taultunleashed logogrinding 1-50 areas : LOTRO - Discussions
newtopic  postreply
 [ 10 posts ] 
blue large dot

grinding 1-50 areas : LOTRO - Discussions

Posted: October 18th, 2007, 10:39 pm

garrett29
garrett29's Reps:
just wondered if anyone knows grinding areas to level.... i got a 50 grd.... and i want to bot/grind out my 23 hunter to 50 gear him out by the pockets of my grd.... but no idea where to grind????

so what r good areas to grind with a bot 1-50 or 20-50.... ill give an example of an area im referring to.... 45-50 i grind claws in angmar just outside the troll arena great place to grind... but id like to know places like that from 1-50.... any help would be great and im sure other people would benefit too

Posted: October 23rd, 2007, 11:23 am

Tault_nefarious403

Total Posts: 32
Tault_nefarious403's Reps: 3
premium
garrett29 (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
just wondered if anyone knows grinding areas to level.... i got a 50 grd.... and i want to bot/grind out my 23 hunter to 50 gear him out by the pockets of my grd.... but no idea where to grind????

so what r good areas to grind with a bot 1-50 or 20-50.... ill give an example of an area im referring to.... 45-50 i grind claws in angmar just outside the troll arena great place to grind... but id like to know places like that from 1-50.... any help would be great and im sure other people would benefit too

I botted my Guardian from 7 to 47 so far. Unfortunately I wasn't smart enough to write down the level I did each spot at, but I have a bunch of grinding waypoint paths setup. I think for 20-24, I did Wargs at the north part of north downs.. Just west off the path before you get to the elite area at the far north. Great cash there as well.

Where exactly is this claw/troll arena place in Angmar?

Posted: October 23rd, 2007, 3:35 pm

hardsell

Total Posts: 703
hardsell's Reps: 1487
premium
this still about the best 1 to 50 guide

http://www.lotrolife.com/quests/lotro_leveling_guide/

and for me cave claws were the grind critter at spots where there were gaps in quests

32 -36 claws by toki in trollshaws

40 - 42 claws by eartkin camp

44 - 46 claws by seven sword guy

48 - 50 claws by himbar

they helped get hides at all stages for my forester to boil and tailor to sew

Posted: August 6th, 2008, 4:19 pm

bsaundaz91
bsaundaz91's Reps:
questing is faster then just grinding...plus you get better items...but for grinding i suggest doing wargs or angmarim....

Posted: May 19th, 2009, 12:07 pm

eqdude

Total Posts: 49
eqdude's Reps: 5
premium
bsaundaz91 (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
questing is faster then just grinding...plus you get better items...but for grinding i suggest doing wargs or angmarim....

I agree that questing is faster leveling than grinding. That's why I'm generally suspicious that people who grind all of the time are using bots.

I really don't care if they bot as long as they are not grinding rare quest mobs.

Posted: May 19th, 2009, 6:07 pm

hardsell

premium
shoot my spots to grind (when I posted the info) were based solely on easy critters (no stuns or webs) that dropped hides as I was a tailor and an early GM in it back on my first guy in 2007

that was before I even knew about virtues and killed only for hides instead of learning to combine the two

killing critters can be faster if the quests you need cannot be done solo, the time spent lff and then gathering and finally getting going on the quest, you might of gotten ?? thousand exp and crafting materials

but if you have time and a group that will stay together its amazing how fast you can get exp doing quests

or in my case I play at odd times of day and with only 60 minutes to play I always thought it rude to just do a quest and have to leave as there usually is quid pro quo thing going on "yeah" I'll help you with 1.11 if you help me with Laila kind of a deal

I've never botted in any game I've played but am known as a fast leveler to my friends, even before I got my second account when MoM came out in Nov 2008 I would get a char to 50 with virtues in the 7-8 range in 30 days, the champ took only 21:) but thats knowing where _everything_ is and how to load up on all the right quests in an area

edit-> I agree questing is best way to go BUT i do my virtues while the mobs are yellow to dark blue, and this helps me level fast, knowing all the kill x of mob y quests to do in conjunction with virtues helps too, a fun example: in ND you can kill a warg and get credit for 3 quests a virtue and a racial (man) trait all on one kill

I hate grinding virtues on greyed out mobs as you cant even advance class skills (usually) on a grey mob but doing a greyed out quest can reward you with coin, rep, an item (to sell ) or advance a virtue...

Posted: May 20th, 2009, 5:35 pm

eqdude

Total Posts: 49
eqdude's Reps: 5
premium
hardsell (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
I hate grinding virtues on greyed out mobs as you cant even advance class skills (usually) on a grey mob but doing a greyed out quest can reward you with coin, rep, an item (to sell ) or advance a virtue...

I still have a lot to learn about lotro...

Are you saying that I cannot advance my class skills if I wait too long? I have hunter that is almost level 60 and I have not pursued any of his class skills because I thought I could easily come back at level 60 and kill birds, wolves, etc.

Posted: May 20th, 2009, 6:06 pm

hardsell

premium
hmm did I word that wrong? let me try and clarify/expand

for virtues like say killing slugs in the shire you can kill them at level 60 and get credit for the title completion and then the virtue completion it doesnt matter if you dont get exp on the kill for the kill to count for the number needed to advance and complete the virtue

racial traits to the best of my memory will also advance killing grey mobs like my hobbit needed to kill goblins for his racial trait and it didnt matter if he killed level 2 goblins by thorins hall or level 50+ goblins in the mines of moria but one takes significantly less time:)

But class traits have to be used against mobs that still give you exp so a green mob at the very least; and class traits will lock out on you, there is a daily limit (that usually resets at 3 am, most things reset at 3 am for some reason with Turbine located in Boston in est time zone)

it is a good idea to put the class trait (or any virtue) you are working on the quest tracker, and if you notice that the number cast such and such 67/300 has stopped increasing check your deed log and see if the bar has turned yellow putting your cursor on the bar will usually tell you, you have advanced your skill as much as you can that day (there are a FEW exemptions where even with the bar yellow the number increases towards completion the LM use staff trait comes to mind

yeah LM's have it easy on class traits as they can cast about 8 or more spells on their pets and the skill will advance till lock out and minstrels can heal themselves till lock out but melee characters cant hit themselves, hmm wonder if those new practice dummies in the starting areas would work...

Posted: May 29th, 2009, 4:29 pm

inlinekid777

Total Posts: 25
inlinekid777's Reps: 6
Yeah that lvl 24 warg spot off west of the past in Northdowns is glorious experience and nice moneymaker for sure. Lots of ragged tails and pelts.

I just discovered a location in trollshaws with a bunch of 37 and 38 mountain bears, its actually a mountain bear den and is 20 feet from rezz location so its convenient for your bot or you.

Location is 32.0S 15.1W - Enjoy

Posted: May 30th, 2009, 2:55 am

hardsell

premium
If your a newer player and want to see locations for killing mobs try Imadrizzet's slayer guide: http://lorebook.lotro.com/wiki/Slayer_D ... _Locations

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online