Total Posts: 703
hardsell's Reps: 1487
premium
guess its for the REAL addict

====

from: http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?&postid=4034164#post4034164

author: HowardMac

Hello all,

I am very happy to say that LOTROHerald, my game server status and my.lotro.com character viewer is now available in the App Store for iPhone users !

You can find out more information about the App by going to the Odd Duck Computing website.

PLEASE NOTE: We have received reports that the character list is not saving your characters the first time it is used. To prevent this problem please see Camgoers second post below. We are working with Apple to expedite a fix as soon as possible.

===

Have worked it out..

To ensure that it saves changes to the character list you need to:

- Add a Character (or more, can delete defaults as well).
- Don't move from Character List to any other screen and close out of the app by pressing the iphone menu button.
- Restart the app and go to the Character list and they're there - yay! =)

If you move to any other screen, or even view character info before you close the app straight after adding it doesn't appear to save the list.
- Cam

=====

I have version 1.0.1 submitted to Apple as we speak and it fixes this problem. The characters should now save as soon as they get added to the list, instead of when the app quits.

end of quote

LOTROHerald is a combined THE LORD OF THE RINGS ONLINEā„¢ game server status and myLOTRO character viewer app in one package.

It provides World-wide game server status including North American, European, Russian, Korean, and Chinese servers. You can also choose which game servers you wish to monitor and turn off those you don't need.

You can view your game characters including Free Peoples (Freeps) AND Servants of the Eye (Creeps) without being in the game. This information is currently limited to game characters on the North American servers but may be expanded when other servers become available.

Your game character information is retrieved from the my.lotro.com servers and may be cached or delayed for up to 24 hours. So if you do not see new equipment or levels gained, don't panic, they should update within 24 hours. If they do not please email me and we will work with Turbine to resolve the problem.

If you like the start-up screen and would like to use it for wallpaper for your iPod or iPhone you can touch the image below. Once you touch the image below, touch and hold your finger on it. You will be given a menu with the option to save the image. Once you have done this you can set it as your background from the Wallpaper section of the Settings app.

end of quote

Posted: September 28th, 2009, 1:14 pm

Tault_admin

Total Posts: 29974
Tault_admin's Reps: 1444
administrator
Mod in Training
WOW that is insane. Dont know if we should move this to confirmed lol.

Posted: January 9th, 2010, 2:52 pm

invaderzimandgir

Total Posts: 51
invaderzimandgir's Reps: 0
Active User > 50 Posts
yay

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online