newtopic  postreply
 [ 6 posts ] 
blue large dot

Question: About traits and loot : LOTRO - Discussions

Posted: February 13th, 2007, 5:10 pm

kentwoot

Total Posts: 18
kentwoot's Reps: 0
I was wondering if the traits system will make your character unique like the combat trees in SWG PreCU did? If you have played both could you please compare the two. I was also wondering what the loot was like in the game. Is there actually one of a kinds or is it like WoW. I am trying to stray away from games that want to be like WoW and trying to find one that is close to being like SWG PreCU. Any help on my trek to find the right MMO would be greatly appreciated. Thankyou.

Posted: March 20th, 2007, 12:35 pm

lime148
lime148's Reps:
There are cookiecutter builds for traits. You can be a unique little snowflake if you want, but there will always be the optimal builds that everyone else uses.

And I don't know what you mean by the looting system. It's pretty much like WoW.

Posted: March 20th, 2007, 1:52 pm

knucca
knucca's Reps:
*has never played wow or swg*

"any game that wants to be like wow" nonsense, every mmorpg has something from similar to every other mmorpg, so no game is trying to be like wow.

Anyways, from what I have read in the past the devs want to have a system where your items "grow" with you. For example the more times you use it the more attached it becomes to you. I'm not sure where they went with this idea or if will ever be implemented.

As for item uniqueness, how is SWG/WoW exactly?

I have read somethings on wow like people have several suits of armors, "I have red suit of defense" and "suit or magic offense" etc. is that what you mean? I have not seen anything like that yet. Most mix/matching your armors for what you can afford what you like.

Posted: March 20th, 2007, 3:56 pm

klemmbob

Total Posts: 677
klemmbob's Reps: 137
I just posted a link in the news section that leads to an explanation of the whole trait system.

Check it out :)

Posted: March 26th, 2007, 6:31 am

zoolook
zoolook's Reps:
As a high lv betatester, I can tell you that for now, the best items available are Top tier crafted items from oneoff recipes, which means that you loose the recipe when you have crafted the item, then you have to find the recipe again to craft another equal piece, all these onetime recipes also have a chance of being a critical success, which makes the item even slightly better.

There are (hopefully alot) teal items, apart from the yellow uncommon eq with random modifiers, purple rare named eq (drops and qrewards), but since endgame raids aren't open yet we don't know much about them.

There are a few teal items that drop from certain mobs in instances and from the lv 50 class quests, but hopefully we'll see alot more come retail or in the last patches before then.

Posted: March 26th, 2007, 11:57 am

knucca
knucca's Reps:
mm great i like those one-time use kind of recipes. Makes it kind of harder for everyone to have the same high level weapon.

Was in Alpha 2 testing but quit when beta came around, played about 2 or 3 weeks right before now to see if i was going to preorder. hehe now just waiting for the 30th.

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online