taultunleashed logoThe best way to |WIN| in Lotro. (Sorry for the Fail Title) : LOTRO - Discussions
newtopic  postreply
 [ 2 posts ] 
blue large dot

The best way to |WIN| in Lotro. (Sorry for the Fail Title) : LOTRO - Discussions

Posted: May 10th, 2010, 1:16 pm

uundamp

Total Posts: 1
uundamp's Reps: 0
censelg (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
This is the hard way to make money i must say.

Best way is to use mmoviper, just get a lvl 20+ char and find a good patrol path in a quiet area. The best mobs to kill would be humanoids(Any mob what has human features). The reason for this is they drop better look and always drop silver coins.

You can also use mmoviper to grind out virtues at the same time.

Fast and easy^

quoted for truth

This post started as a response to a guide in the premium members section, but it ended up turning into an MMOViper endorsement, and probably belongs here.

At level 65 LM, I am pushing about 5 gold a day just letting my bot run a path in mirkwood.

And at lower levels, the bot made leveling fast, and easy. Wolfes near (I think it's called celembror, it's been a while) at level 1-10, pigs near bree 10-20 or so, wargs again up near north downs 20-30, wargs in trollshaws 30-40, wargs/birds near entrance to moria as you get close to 50, and then cave claws or whatever patrol you can get going for 50-60. 57 to 61, lothlorien animals, 60-65, mirkwood wolves.

Try to have a mining profession on this character. For even greater time saving, just stack the hides and the ore, and sell them all at market prices on the AH.

Obviously this is a VERY basic guide, and as you spend time in the game, you'll come up with better tactics that fit your playstyle need - but this guide will do three things for you:

Stacks of hide (for gold or for your other professions ifyou choose to level them)
Stacks of ore (for gold or your other professions if you choose to level them)
Tons of skill repetition - which is required to advance profession traits in lotro.
Tons of experience.
Tons of specific monster killing (wargs, orcs, undead, etc), which advances racial traits, virtues, and deeds.

75% of the "grindy" quests can be done in LOTRO using the MMOViper bot. I know I sound like a fanboy, but seriously, if you want to have a gaming experience that is all about quality time with friends (quests, raids, PvP, hard mode), then use MMOViper to do all the trivial crap, and spend all the time you are actually there in front of the comp doing cool stuff like kicking !@#$%^&* and laughing about it.

Final endorsement for MMOViper...
If I had to place a value on the price of what is provided with MMOViper - I'd say it's at LEAST $100 a month in savings if I had to pay for level service, rep grinding, skill grinding, and gold purchases from goldfarmers. It's a question of economics for me...
$5 a month makes a lot of sense.

Posted: May 10th, 2010, 3:11 pm

hardsell

Total Posts: 703
hardsell's Reps: 1487
premium
making money is no longer any problem in lotro, you only need to play (or do lotteries*) and always have at least two open bags for loot when you do quests or grind:( virtues

*WITH TWO ACCOUNTS AND CHECKING 4 TIMES A DAY MADE OVER 50 GOLD not PLAYING LOTRO WHEN i WAS WINNING MORE THAN ONE HORSE A DAY (HORSE = 1 GOLD) oops caps went on...

any char of mine who just does quests or grinds always has money and the sad thing is there really isn't anything to spend it on

I could care less about legendaries, they are only a means to get back what we had on our line bonuses on class traits that were taken away

the best gear is mostly boa or since I have all crafts to supreme master, kindred in every guild, and all 8 crafters are in mirkwood, I made it already

but hey if the bot here helps that might be worth the price of admission as there isnt really any tricks in lotro anymore

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online