newtopic  postreply
 [ 1 post ] 
blue large dot

Thoughts on current lack of trial : LOTRO - Discussions

Posted: June 10th, 2007, 12:49 am

kugoowo
kugoowo's Reps:
I played the Beta for LOTRO and was appalled at the over

-all look and feel of the game. Combat felts so lackluster and delayed - like it took

forever to even register your keystroke. The world's geometry and textures were laughable

(In all honesty, we did actually laugh a few times.) and as I stood on a cliff, copies of

'me' running by wasn't the only thing that was disturbing - the fact that I could see the

familiar sight of what I call 'Cliff-Boxes' in the distance. Basically I knew exploring was

pretty much out of the question. Im sick and tired of EQ-1 style boxes and those silly

cliffs towering over your in all four directions. We need more space and freedom like we had

in Anarchy Online oh-so-many years ago. Basically this game has a high-profile name and

thats it.

Hence why I believe they don't offer a free trial, just 'buddy' keys. It retails for 80

dollars here before tax, plus the monthly fee. If people were allowed to trial it like 75+%

of other 'commitment'-style MMO's then basically it wouldn't be the #1 game right now.

Now I realise I haven't played since Beta, there is no trial and with my current opinion

cannot justify 100+ dollars right now to see if its changed any (I plopped down all my

current money on a new paintball gun so I'm nearly broke, lol), but hey - if someone wants

to waste a buddy key on my to try and change my mind I'm not past admitting my own mistakes.

I never was a huge Tolkein fan but have almost always been a MMORPG fan, and as of right now

I'm hugely disappointed with the games scale and immersion.

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online