[ 4 posts ] 
blue large dot

LOTRO Guides - MoM user tip : LOTRO - Guides

Posted: November 25th, 2008, 5:24 am

hardsell

Total Posts: 703
hardsell's Reps: 1487
premium
yes keep your legendaries filled to the sixth slot, you may level your active weapon slower at first but the later deconstructions will be all the better...

=======

From reading the posts of the beta players this is how I understand it to work.

You are better off deconstructing LIs at level 11, 21, 31 and 41 because 11-20, 21-30, 31-40 use the same table for gems/runes/etc. Expect an XP rune of beween 20-50% when you deconstruct.

The most efficient thing to do is to have 6 bound LIs levelling and deconstruct them at 11 or 21. Save the xp runes for when you find that exceptional item you think you will be keeping forever (until the next expansion) and combine the low tier gems/etc you get into higher level ones.

As far as what to spend the points on - if its a weapon you are using, max
the DPS first, unless you dont actually DPS with the weapon (LMs and RKs). For otehr items you might as well level the legacies, is does no harm since you have to reforge every 10 levels anyway.

========

I've been slotting the item if I can use it, and leveling it to around level 20, then deconstructing it.

So far I've gotten an xp token worth 15,000, 22,500, and one for 40,000 xp. I also get a nice stack of relics.

The LI's I can't equip however, I've been identifying, and deconstructing to get tier 1 relics from, so I can combine them and get better ones. I'm sure this isn't how they intended it to work, since they made a last minute change in beta to only give a tier 1 relic instead of multiple relics. Right now I'm not worried about money, so I'm not posting them in the AH, I'd rather have relics. Besides, the broken tools that you can barter LIs for have been dropping like crazy, I don't see why anyone would need to check the AH for LIs.

Also, I don't see any sense in holding on to one LI very long, since you can upgrade them at levels 51, 53, 55, 57 and 59. Each min level weapon increases DPS. I've got a min lvl 55 halberd on my captain right now that has 41.8 DPS on it. *drools*

=========

From what I understand, the IXP rune you get back is semi-random, so you might have just got unlucky (I'm not sure the range on them, so maybe 5k is normal). And also, the best time to destruct (if you didn't know already) is at level x1 (21, 31..), remove the runes at the x0 reforge and don't slot them again, then deconstruct when it levels. This is because the IXP runes go in tiers, so level 1-10 items all have the same IXP range possibility, and at x1 you've moved into the higher IXP tier but have put the least amount of time/IXP into leveling the Legendary (within that tier). If that makes sense... at least that what I understood from the Legendary Guide that was posted when the NDA was lifted last month.

============

I did some calculations and this is what i came up with:

-------------------------------------------

*All ixp is split evenly to all items

1 legendaries = 100% of ixp stated total

2 legendaries = 118% of the ixp stated total
ie. 74 ixp = 44 ixp each

3 legendaries = 146% of the ixp stated total

4 legendaries = 162% of the ixp stated total

5 legendaries = 182% of the ixp stated total

6 legendaries = 216% of the ixp stated total

How to calculate per item ixp:

Example:
If you want to figure out how much each weapon is earning take the ixp earned (say 4000 ixp) and multiply by the percentage decimal equivalent (for 6 items = 216% = 2.16). then divide by the number of items (in this case 6). that will give you the ixp gained for each item.

4000*2.16=8640/6=1440 ixp per item for 6 items

or

4000*.36= 1440 ixp per item for 6 items

*per item like the second formula come out to:
1=1
2=.59
3=.49
4=.41
5=.37
6=.36

A note on deconstructing

Do it at 11 or 21 NOT at 10 or 20 ... if u reforge at 10 or 20 you most likely wont get ixp.

--------------------------------------------

Long story short ....... keep your slots filled even if you dont plan on using them. the ixp for your main weapons/class items may suffer at first, but the bonuses from all the deconstructing helps out alot

Posted: November 26th, 2008, 12:14 pm

Tault_admin

Total Posts: 29974
Tault_admin's Reps: 1444
administrator
Mod in Training
Can members say yay or nay to this so we may give tu bucks and/or premium. If you nay the submission remember to include as to why.

Posted: November 27th, 2008, 5:30 am

thryb

Total Posts: 1
thryb's Reps: 0
premium
yay, good to read

Posted: December 2nd, 2008, 2:31 pm

Tault_admin

Total Posts: 29974
Tault_admin's Reps: 1444
administrator
Mod in Training
50 to you and moved to confirmed.

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online