Total Posts: 2313
tault_Broden's Reps: 159
Active User > 50 Posts
premium
Copper, Silver, and Gold: Your New Best Friends
A LotRO Beginner’s Guide to the Economy
By Trinity Divine

What is the currency used in LOTRO?
Money in LOTRO comes in three denominations: Gold, Silver, and Copper.

- 100 Copper = 1 Silver
- 1,000 Silver = 1 Gold

How do I know how much money I have?
You can check how much money you have by bringing up the Character Journal panel (Pressing the C key).

Character Panel shows your available cash.

How do I make money?
You can earn money by completing quests, looting coins off humanoid enemies, selling items you loot from enemies and chests, or even by selling crafted items.

How do I know how much money I will get from a quest?
You can tell what the rewards will be given upon completion of a quest by checking your quest log (Pressing the L key).

Quest log shows the quest completion reward.

How do I craft items?
You can make items like armor, weapons, food, and many more by taking up a Crafting Vocation. For more information, consult our Basic Crafting Guide.

How do I sell items?
You can sell (and buy) items in three ways: 1) to an NPC (non-player character) vendor that may be found in towns across Middle-Earth, 2) through the Auction House, or 3) by directly trading with another player character.

How do I sell items to an NPC vendor?
NPC vendors will buy practically anything of value in your inventory, including items that are bound to you (items that cannot be traded to other players).

To interact with such an NPC, simply double-click (or right-click) on him/her. This will bring up a Shop Panel. Click on the Sell tab to list all the items in your inventory that can be sold. The selling price of each item is listed next to it.

The Shopping Panel

To sell an item, simply double-click (or right-click) on its picture. The money will go to your coin-purse automatically.

The padlock next to the name of each item allows you to lock an item so you won’t accidentally sell it. Only unlocked items can be sold.

How do I buy items from a vendor?
Just click on the Buy tab and it will list all the items the vendor has. Double-click or right-click on any item to buy it.

What is the Buyback tab all about?
The Buyback tab lets you buy back the last 16 items that you sold to any vendor during the session, for the same price at which you sold it. Nifty feature in cases where you get too click-happy and sell that precious sword by mistake!

How do I trade items with another player?
To trade with another player, select the player you want to trade with and right-click on their portrait. On the menu that is brought up, select “Start Secure Trade”. Drag the item you wish to trade from your inventory to the Trade Window and complete the trade. If you wish to pay the other player, enter the amount you want to transfer in the Trade window before completing the trade.

The Auction House

Where can I find an Auction House?
There are Auction Houses in Bree-town, Michel Delving, and Thorin’s Hall.

How do I sell items in the Auction House?
Double-click or right-click on an Auctioneer to bring up the Auction Panel, then click on the Post tab. Drag the item you wish to sell from your inventory into the Auction Item box. An Initial Price will be set for you by default but you can override it. You may also specify a Buyout Price. Click on Post Auction to finalize the auction.

The Auction Panel

What is a “Kinship Only” auction?
Kinships that have reached level 4 can post auctions for their members only.
What fees do I have to pay to sell through the Auction House?
Every time you post an auction, you have to pay a Posting Fee up front. The amount depends on the duration you picked (see the table below). The percentage is applied to either the Initial Price or the Buyout Price, if you entered one. In addition to this, the Auction House also takes a 5% Auctioning Fee for every sale completed.

Duration

Posting Fee

8 Hours

6 % of Item Worth

24 Hours

20% of Item Worth

48 Hours

40% of Item Worth

72 Hours

60% of Item Worth

How do I buy items from the Auction House?
Double-click or right-click on an Auctioneer to bring up the Auction Panel, or click on the Auctions tab if you already have the panel up.

You can highlight the category you want to search on. You could also specify a word or phrase that appears in the item name, and the level range to narrow down your search. Click on the Search button to bring up the items that meet your criteria. The list will show you the current bid on the item and a buyout price, if any. To bid on an item, highlight it, enter your bid, and then click Bid. To buyout an item, highlight it then click on Buyout.

What happens when I lose a bid?
If someone beats your bid, you will get mail from the Auctioneer informing you that you have been outbid on an auction. The money you bid on it will be returned to you in that letter.

At this point, if you go back to the Auctioneer and click on the Bids tab, you will see the lost bid still on the list. If you want to keep bidding on the item, just click on Bid. Otherwise, click on Concede to remove the item from the list.

Keep track of your bids.

How do I get an item I won at the Auction House?
When you win an auction, the item will be sent to you in the mail. It’s sort of like a Christmas present… only without the fat guy in the red suit eating all of your cookies.

Is that all?
That’s all you need to know for now. The tools and knowledge shared here today will lead a young hobbit or grizzled old dwarf to great wealth if wielded wisely. Go forth, my student, and reap the benefits of the economy.

From LOTROVault

I am a member of a exploit guild and post it here because i like this site and want to help it.

(!empty($user->lang['IMAGE'])) ? $user->lang['IMAGE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'IMAGE')))

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online