blue large dot

Easy money lvl 42+ : LOTRO - Submissions

Posted: October 19th, 2009, 7:55 am

censelg

Total Posts: 94
censelg's Reps: 2
Active User > 50 Posts
premium
I am sure i speak for many farming players that this is one of the main ways to get easy gold and. I just think its about time i shared this with the public.

This is a secret for a very rare crafting item what usually sells for 7 Gold on the auction House and even more if you manage to make the jewellery critical version. This will sell for 15-20 gold each.

http://lorebook.lotro.com/wiki/Recipe:Turtle-shell_Bracelet (All details on the item can be found here)
Ok this first thing you will need to know about this is that the drop has a 1 in 4 chance from the rare Elite turtle boss called Gonfald.

How can i make money like this?

Make you way to Evendim. Once here you will need to swim north to a small island called Tyl Ruinen. You will know when you are at the right place because the island is full on Salamanders.

Once on the island you need to find the 3 spots for the spawns of the smaller turtles. The first is in from of the building on the path. The second is on the shore line in the open fields area just north of the first spawn point. And the third is in the trees just around the corner from spawn point number two.

The best way i have found is to take a Ranged class(Hunter, Lore master, Warden, Rune keeper) so you can tag the mobs quick just in case other players are on the island farming as well.

All you have to do is kill all the small turtles as they spawn and wait for the Mother turtle to spawn. Once it spawn kill it and look it. Simple!

This can be some hard core farming as the spawns are around 1 hour per spawn for the boss and the drop rate is 1/4 every kill. You can also get very lucky and get 2 shell drops from the same kill. If you do not get the shell drop straight away just keep trying as it will come in time and it will be worth it. As for a consolation prize the turtle does drop 1 or 2 adamant shards per kill so you can also farm them.

I spent 2 days farming the turtle and got a total of 13 shells. I made two of them into bracelets for one of my chars and the other i have sold. In these two days i made a grand total of 145 gold from this run. Well worth it if you ask me.

A few bits of advice.

Just keep at it and it will drop for you.
If you find you are getting annoyed, have a break and go back later.
Best time would be early hours 1am+ The servers will be less busy.
You will need a Tinker to make the bracelets for you.
Do not get to greedy :]
Do not tell your friends of kin mates, more for you!

I hope this small vague guide will help you, and good luck!

Last edited by censelg on October 19th, 2009, 12:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Posted: October 19th, 2009, 8:25 am

censelg

Total Posts: 94
censelg's Reps: 2
Active User > 50 Posts
premium
Why wont my post show up? hmmm

Posted: October 20th, 2009, 3:15 pm

Tault_admin

Total Posts: 29974
Tault_admin's Reps: 1444
administrator
Mod in Training
There we go. I fixed it. It was because the link http://lorebook.lotro.com/wiki/Recipe:Turtle-shell_Bracelet is a bad url style and our system wont allow that due to protections.

Posted: October 20th, 2009, 11:50 pm

zmejs

Total Posts: 26
zmejs's Reps: 1
premium
Dont think its such a big secret, posted all over forums that there is only one mob ingame that drops shell for this crafting recipe.
Spawn rate is awful and drop rate is even worse. I spent 4 hours there once, camping it and got none. And that was at early morning when place was free of other players - during peak times its heavily camped. So i seriously doubt its possible to make 100+ gold in couple days, except if you get extremely lucky.
And my advice - if you somehow get that shell, sell it on AH and dont try to make crit bracelet. At least on my server shell is selling for 7g, critted bracelet for 10g, so its not worth the risk, cause non critted bracelet doesnt sell even for 100s.

/nay

Posted: October 20th, 2009, 11:58 pm

zmejs

Total Posts: 26
zmejs's Reps: 1
premium
IF you have high enough jeweller and want reliable way to make money, farm Lothlorien for silver branches instead - you can make about 30 on daily repeatable quests. Exchange them for aureate jewelerry recipes, craft and sell those.
Im doing that on my jeweller daily and make about 30g per week, depending on crit success. Much better time investment than camping turtle in Evendim.
And one more note - crit item for jewelerry isnt boa, so you can barter for it on other toon - all you branches on jeweller go only for recipes.

Posted: October 22nd, 2009, 12:56 am

mannymann

Total Posts: 119
mannymann's Reps: 1
Active User > 50 Posts
premium
The drop rate is NOT 1:4 for that fragment. It is around 1:15
Gonflad can actually spawn every 5mins if you have flipped the island conditions correctly (see below)
There are conditions that can prevent Gonflad from spawning entirely (i.e. shard droppers in OTHER places of Evendim)
There are conditions that can prevent Gonflad's placeholders from spawning this stopping him from spawning (i.e. people killing the trash mobs around the place holders)
There is heavy competition for this area.
Only the crit version of the bracelet sells well and the best you can do is a 73% chance of making a crit version.
There are better bracelets for PVE than that. It is pretty good for PVMP or the lair raids of Vile Maw and Filikul
The bracelet will be next to worthless when the level cap is raised as the recipe will still make a level 60 bracelet.

so
um
/nay
sorry

Posted: October 22nd, 2009, 2:24 am

denorn

Total Posts: 38
denorn's Reps: 0
/nay i could just go on my 50 champion and farm trolls to get more gold. There is always going to be a lot of trolls and they drop good money.

Posted: October 22nd, 2009, 6:20 am

hardsell

Total Posts: 703
hardsell's Reps: 1487
premium
or just farm silver ore it sells for an obscene amount per stack.......

too bad you can't mine from horseback again like in closed beta.....

Posted: October 24th, 2009, 5:32 pm

Tault_admin

Total Posts: 29974
Tault_admin's Reps: 1444
administrator
Mod in Training
3 nays. Locking.

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online