taultunleashed logoskirmish bug - easy money (and a bit of SM) : LOTRO - Submissions
newtopic  postreply
 [ 17 posts ]  1, 2  Next
blue large dot

skirmish bug - easy money (and a bit of SM) : LOTRO - Submissions

Posted: December 29th, 2009, 11:28 am

ganoderma

Total Posts: 43
ganoderma's Reps: 1
premium
There's a bug at the end boss in the Trouble in Tuckborough skirmish.
First of all, this doesn't work if you go solo. Does in small fellow (didn't check full fellow or 12man).

Complete the skirmish normally until you reach the end boss (can do encounters if you like)
The end boss will spawn lieutenants thoughout the fight, leave at least 1 alive.
Then kill the boss and loot him (in battle). Then reset the last lieutenant (hips, feign death, die, whatever).
The lieutenant will walk a circle (evade him, easy) and dissapear. The boss will then respawn.

The boss drops over 200s per fellow member at level 65 skirmishes (done on small fellow) so that'll count up pretty quickly (the boss isn't that strong, just some lieuts he spawns can be a real pain).
So just repeat killing the boss like this and you'll get a lot of money along with a nice amount of guardmans (and other) marks (to trade for SM).

Have fun :)

Last edited by ganoderma on January 5th, 2010, 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: December 30th, 2009, 12:17 am

mannymann

Total Posts: 119
mannymann's Reps: 1
Active User > 50 Posts
premium
this requires EVERYONE do somehow dump aggro. so for most classes this means DIE

but /yay this was a known issue in beta and it was never fixed lol

Posted: January 4th, 2010, 8:56 pm

Tault_admin

Total Posts: 29974
Tault_admin's Reps: 1444
administrator
Mod in Training
mannymann how well known was it? Should i move it to premmy you think?

Posted: January 4th, 2010, 10:34 pm

mannymann

Active User > 50 Posts
premium
It was KNOWN in the beta, but I would not say well known. It's worth moving IMO

Posted: January 5th, 2010, 10:11 am

ganoderma

premium
I confirmed now that the boss in this instance indeed contains 200s+ per fellow member (at level 65, at lower skirmish levels this will probably be less)
I wasn't really sure on this as on the solo version he drops a lot less money (because he's signature, rather then elite like other skirmishes).
I edited the first post with this info.

I also noticed that in some more skirmishes the bosses will spawn adds during the fight. Though I did not check if this bug is happening there also.

Posted: January 9th, 2010, 2:46 pm

invaderzimandgir

Total Posts: 51
invaderzimandgir's Reps: 0
Active User > 50 Posts
/yay

Posted: January 10th, 2010, 9:26 pm

Tault_admin

administrator
Mod in Training
Need another yay from a premmy to move this bad boy.

Posted: January 11th, 2010, 2:06 am

georgeforeman

Total Posts: 30
georgeforeman's Reps: 1
I'll give this one a yay.

I did it last night with a friend. It's a bit of a pain to be honest, but works.

When used in conjunction with the legacy dupe bug it's really nice - you can go in there solo, crank up hips to have 0 cooldown and turn your DPS up high, then just keep resetting, keep killing, keep resetting.. etc.

Posted: January 14th, 2010, 10:17 am

sanger123

sanger123's Reps: 0
Yay, it works.

Posted: January 14th, 2010, 5:02 pm

randomkitty

randomkitty's Reps: 0
premium
With LOTRO's post about a known skirmish bug for extra marks, you may not want to continue using this one. I do not know if killing the boss again gives extra marks, but I'd not use it myself.

Posted: January 15th, 2010, 7:52 am

ganoderma

premium
As far as I know, the bug turbine is about is another.

If you look at the skirmish stats with the huge amounts: lots of control point flips. Meaning they save a few defenders each time and that's what giving them the marks. I don't have details but this is certainly not the exploit turbine is monitoring (though I'm not 100% sure... exploiting remains 100% at own risk with all exploits on this site)

Posted: January 15th, 2010, 3:42 pm

mannymann

Active User > 50 Posts
premium
Yeah, the exploit turbine is ban-hammering people for is for the SAME INSTANCE but something different, manipulation of control points, where as this could be that that the group you are in is full of !@#$%^&* players and you cant get the final boss + adds dead before you wipe.

Posted: January 16th, 2010, 2:17 am

ganoderma

premium
mannymann (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
Yeah, the exploit turbine is ban-hammering people for is for the SAME INSTANCE but something different, manipulation of control points, where as this could be that that the group you are in is full of !@#$%^&* players and you cant get the final boss + adds dead before you wipe.

True, or people that don't have good soldiers.
Also, if you do it 1 or 2 times max in 1 run turbine/codemasters/whoever runs your local servers can't really ban you I think because of this.
I also recommend doing it in tier 2 or 3 because then it's harder (more reason to wipe, less reason to say it's on purpose).

If you wipe like 100 times, they might get suspicious though so don't use it too much.

Posted: January 16th, 2010, 8:43 am

Tault_admin

administrator
Mod in Training
wait is this public information or is this his own?

Posted: January 16th, 2010, 2:59 pm

ganoderma

premium
This is my own information.
At least, as far as I know this hasn't been published anywhere. (I also found it myself)

Turbine just gave an announcement about people exploiting the skirmish mark exploit (not this one) will be banned.
The skirmish mark exploit is one that allows you to get loads of skirmish marks without killing a thing though. That one requires certain steps that can't be normal gameplay (where wiping, for this exploit, can be part of normal gameplay so turbine wont ban you unless you overexploit it)

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online