[ 5 posts ] 
blue large dot

Basic Guide : LOTROExtreme

Posted: May 25th, 2007, 9:06 pm

danzar

Total Posts: 527
danzar's Reps: 7
premium
Hi everyone i been thinking of writing a guide to help to learn some basic coding to use with Xrteme.

First in ever and all scipt include atleast this line at the top of all your scripts

(!empty($user->lang['CODE'])) ? $user->lang['CODE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'CODE'))):
ImportScript ".\includes\LOTROService.vbs"

That call in some of wyvernx premade functions for us. the list of premade usable functions is/but not limit to after update.

(!empty($user->lang['CODE'])) ? $user->lang['CODE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'CODE'))):
sub VGSendText(strText) 'Get VG focus then send a text string (NO ENTER)
 sub VGSendCommand(strCommand) 'Get VG focus then send a text string with ENTER
 getPlayer() ' Returns a reference object to the player
 getPlayerName() //Returns the Player's Name
 getPlayerHeading() //Returns the Player's Heading
 getPlayerZ() //Returns the Player's Z Coordinage
 getPlayerY() //Returns the Player's Y Coordinage
 getPlayerX() //Returns the Player's X Coordinage
 getPlayerChunkX() 'Returns the map coords in chunk format.
 getPlayerChunkY() 'Returns the map coords in chunk format.
 getPlayerHealth() //Returns the Player's Health
 getPlayerMaxHealth() //Returns the Player's Max Health
 getPlayerDistanceTo(Mob) 'Returns the distance from the player to the mob

getTarget() ' Returns a reference object to the target
 getTargetID() //Returns the Target SpawnID
 getTargetName() //Returns the Target's Name
 getTargetZ() //Returns the Target's Z Coordinage
 getTargetY() //Returns the Target's Y Coordinage
 getTargetX() //Returns the Target's X Coordinage
 getTargetHealth() //Returns the Target's Health
 getTargetDirection() //Returns the Player's Direction to the target
 getTargetType() //Returns the Target's Type
 getTargetDistance(Mob) '//Return the ingame distance to the mob from the player
 setSearchDistance(distance) //Sets the distance for scanning for mobs (default is 40)
 getNearestMobs(MobType) as ArrayList //Returns with an array of mob objects

getMob(Mob) ' Returns a byRef object that can be passed to functions
 getMobID(Mob) //Returns the Mob ID
 getMobName(Mob) //Returns the Mob Name
 getMobX(Mob) //Returns the Mob X
 getMobY(Mob) //Returns the Mob Y
 getMobZ(Mob) //Returns the Mob Z
 mobIsAttacking(Mob) '//Returns the true/false if mob is attacking something
 getMobPoints(Mob) '//Returns the Mob Points Rating (1 = easy, 2 = normal, 3 = harder, etc)
 getMobType(Mob) '//Returns the MobType (see globals)
 getMobDistance(Mob) '//Return the ingame distance to the mob from the player
 getMobDirection(Mob) '//Returns the heading degrees to the mob from the player
 getMobIsAggro(Mob) 'returns true/false
 getMobHealth(Mob) '//Returns the Mob Health

These are the functions and sub's that we can use that is made for us.

Ok now that we have the opening statement. Now we need to define our varables that will store items for the script to run. When u define a varable you define with with a
Dim
for changing varables that change and
const
for varbles that never change
Our in this example is going to be "MAX_RUNS" and "Ta" (i just made the varable names up almost anything can be used)

const MAX_RUNS = 500000

Dim Ta

Now we need to set a varable to these varables

Ta = 0

ok now we will make a small scipt that sends find the nerest target and attack it with hotkey 1.

FOR Ta = 1 to MAX_RUNS

'(this tell the scripts runs what ever was defined in MAX_RUNS VARABLE)
FindATarget

'(this is calling a function that we have made up lower in the script find in lower down and see what it does.)
AttackTarget

'(this function attacks our target tills its dead)

NEXT

'(THIS TELL THE SCRIPT TO GO BACK THE FOR STATEMENT AND BEGINE AGAIN AND ADD ONE TO THE VARABLE Ta)

Function FindATarget
 VGSendtext "{backspace}" '(this uses the ingame hotkey backspace the target the nearest target)
 sleep 500 '(this pauses the scipt for a half a sec to let this game to keep up)
 end function '( you must end any function you make it kinda like a closer for a functions or sub. after it finishes this function it
                 'return to the mainloop area to do the next thing in line))

Function AttackTarget
   do until getTargetHealth()<=0 '(this is saying do these thing inside this statement and the loop statement till your targets life is < or = 0 meaning it is dead)
     VGSendtext 1 '(this send the keystroke of hotkey 1 to the game.)
      sleep 1000 '(the pause for the skill/spell to recharge or it could be auto attack what ever)
    loop '(this just tell the script to keep going back to the DO statement till it is what it wants)
end function  '(this just closes the functions again and return to the main loop)

so the whole script would look like this

ImportScript ".\includes\LOTROService.vbs"
Dim Ta
const MAX_RUNS = 500000
Ta = 0

FOR Ta = 1 to MAX_RUNS
FindATarget
AttackTarget

next

Function FindATarget
 VGSendtext "{backspace}"
 sleep 500
 end function

Function AttackTarget
   do until getTargetHealth()<=0
     VGSendtext 1
      sleep 1000
    loop
end function

Ok i hope this helps some how. If this one seems to help some i am going to write a few more on the other functions and how to use them.

BTW if i missed something please point it out i dont like miss leading anyone in the wrong direction

Danzar

Posted: July 26th, 2007, 12:16 am

notanorc

Total Posts: 2
notanorc's Reps: 0
This seems way too complicated for noobs and non-programmers like me.

I have two questions, both relating to what the site says LOTROE does

1.. Does it "out of the box" have hunting, crafting scripts already embedded (or whatever the term is) that I can use?

2. Is it actually available - I chased it all over the site and never ever got to a "purchase" page, just more pages saying I could go here . . . which said I coudl go herer . . . etc. Is it available or not?

Lastly, i downloaded the 0.9A version which I thought was a test version, but it won't run - what's the story?
Thanks
B

Posted: July 26th, 2007, 4:27 am

black omega

Total Posts: 8
black omega's Reps: 0
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish and he will eat for a lifetime."
Chinese Proverb

There a FAQ to help you with question 1

There an update coming out ver 1.0 hasn't been release yet question 2

as far as the basic guide Think of it as learning a new langage take a little bit at a time.

and Finally here a few suggestion to those who seem to cant think of something to do while waiting for LOTRExtreme update.

1. if you can I hope you made a seperate acct for using this software I did ,no way I will risk losing my lifetime account.

2.I have level a hunter and champion to around lvl 20sh the old fashion way doing quest and bascially just killing stuff at regular times of the evening so none can any think it will soon be automated

3. I have been mapping out areas that are least visted and making notes as to what drops and how much it sells.

a little planning helps. dont just sit and wait time goes by much faster and Im still enjoying the game like crazy.

Posted: September 12th, 2007, 3:21 pm

the pianistt
the pianistt's Reps:
I just want to say that this is a FANTASTIC approach for those of us who can wade our way through scripting, but aren't yet familiar enough with this particular medium to do anything with it.

Thank you thank you thank you. Posts along these lines (ie. explanation of available functions and examples of their usage) are extremely valuable.

I suggest that people who leave sample scripts on the site for download make as ample use of comments in their code as did this example. Again, it is extremely useful.

Posted: September 12th, 2007, 5:32 pm

ergotamine
ergotamine's Reps:
yea, thank you very much, if i could only get LOTROExtr workin for me then i cant wait to start learning it...

great starter guide tho..

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online