LOTROeXtrem & Exhume & XUnleashed - Oh My! : LOTROExtreme

Posted: July 17th, 2007, 5:57 am

Tault_mississippi

Total Posts: 257
Tault_mississippi's Reps: 0
Lifetime Member (Scripting)
premium
What is Xunleashed?
Back in the old days (2003/2004) - Xunleashed was the engine of choice for automating your games - it's still around today! It hooks into DirectX and allows you to effectively move your mouse, send key strokes, check pixel colors, and myriad of other functions. Written in C++ and typically hooking directly into game engines - there are a ton of legacy scripts/bots/automatons out there.

The Xunleashed engine basically supports any scripting language that Windows Scripting Host supports, and while it is possible to run PERL and PYTHON (as well as other languages) under the Windows Scripting Host - 99% of all scripts you run across will be in VBScript or JScript.
You can not use .NET to develop with XUnleashed.

Premium Members are licensed to use Xunleashed and develop or run scripts on it. That being said, Exhume is now the engine of choice for the discerning developer!
LINKS
What is XUnleashed Anyway?
XUnleashed Boards

What is Exhume?
Exhume is the new engine! Completely re-written in VS .NET 20. You have the same (if not more) functional ability that was available in XUnleashed, but the Exhume engine does not necessarily hook directly into the game engine. This decoupling makes the engine a lot more resilient to detection as well as opening up a number of possibilities that XUnleashed didn't have.

The Xunleashed engine basically supports any scripting language that Windows Scripting Host supports, and while it is possible to run PERL and PYTHON (as well as other languages) under the Windows Scripting Host - 99% of all scripts you run across will be in VBScript or JScript.
Although written in .NET - Premium Users can not currently consume Exhume in their .NET projects.

It is plausible that Exhume could be used directly in a .NET Project, because we see Wyvern is using it just that way in both the VGExtreme and LOTROExtreme programs. That being said, Wyvern has a "special relationship" (wink, wink, nudge, nudge) with the EXhume development team and thus has some additional privileges.

Premium Members are licensed to use Exhume and develop or run scripts through it.

LINKS
Exhume Boards
Exhume Documentation
Exhume 101 - An Introduction
Exhume Sample Scripts

What is LOTROExtreme?
LOTROExtreme is a .NET 2.0 application that WYVERNX is developing and contributing to the community. Wyvern has Reverse Engineered the LOTRO Client in order to discover the memory locations of key pieces of data (Morale, Power, Target, Objects in the world, etc.) and developed this application to expose that information to other developers. LOTROExtreme is built upon the Exhume Engine - so you must be a premium member, and licensed to use Exhume, in order to use LOTROExtreme.

LOTROExtreme allows some relatively cool possibilities. First and foremost, you can do anything that you could do with Exhume - and you now have script access to that key game data as well as utility functions that Wyvern typically throws in - like "Move to Target", "Move to Location", etc. Additionally, Wyvern has worked out an agreement with the the Exhume development team to expose LOTROExtreme as a .NET library!

That means, you can create a reference to it in your .NET project and skip past the Script Kiddy (VBScript/Jscript) stuff and go directly into any .NET language that suites your fancy! That is some awesome stuff! So then, the way this typically works out is as follows.

Wyvern releases his contribution (LOTROExtreme) to the community and it typically has some reference scripts/bots/radar/etc that gets people started. Others in the community then consume LOTROExtreme and develop higher functioning bots/automations/etc upon it - contributing those efforts back into the community. As patches come out, Wyvern patches LOTROExtreme in order to keep it current.

What Should You Do?
First - make yourself familiar with Exhume. Don't half-step, actually read through Exhume 101. Even if you don't intend to develop scripts, you will gain a functional understanding of the engine which will be invaluable in your actual usage of LOTROExtreme.

Second - get familiar with VBScript. (If you already know VBScript or JScript - you are probably already set.) Microsoft has a great website for everything Windows Scripting - you can find it here: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms950396.aspx

At this point, you should be all set to seriously take advantage of LOTROExtreme when it is fully released. If you are interested in developing some scripts - you can always go check out the Exhume Documentation to discover what functionality is available. Once Wyvern releases LOTROExtreme there will be some documentation of added functionality that you will want to look into.

From that point on - it's up to your own ingenuity in developing automations to perform those tasks you want automated.

Posted: July 17th, 2007, 5:00 pm

Tault_admin

Total Posts: 29974
Tault_admin's Reps: 1444
administrator
Mod in Training
Nice post stickied :)

Posted: July 17th, 2007, 5:08 pm

loregaba

Total Posts: 14
loregaba's Reps: 0
Thanks a lot, it's a very usefull post for someone starting like myself. I've followed your steps and it really helped me out. :wink:

Posted: October 24th, 2007, 11:32 am

ryant03
ryant03's Reps:
Can you post a link to Exhume 101 or just tell me where to go so I can read through it? Thanks.

Posted: October 24th, 2007, 3:09 pm

wyvernx

Total Posts: 6718
wyvernx's Reps: 21
administrator
premium
Umm... read the top of the post.

Posted: December 23rd, 2007, 5:31 pm

john478
john478's Reps:
I have a friend who got banned within minutes in WoW for using a speed hack probably similar to the program listed here. Do you think LoTRO GMs will be able to see if we are exploiting the movement system in LoTRO just as eaisly?

Posted: December 24th, 2007, 12:08 pm

Tault_admin

Total Posts: 29974
Tault_admin's Reps: 1444
administrator
Mod in Training
No its different that is because of Warden which is not used in LOTRO

Posted: March 12th, 2008, 8:24 am

mickm
mickm's Reps:
Awesome info, I am very new to macros and what not but this all sounds really cool. My main concern here is to know if anyone has had a friend or knows of anyone using this program and actually getting banned from LOTRO. I have played many MMO's in the past and have seen/heard of people getting banned, some games have great technical support and police this and some are less strict with the banning. Can anyone tell me how aggresive Turbine is on this?

thanks in advance and take care =)

Mick

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online