[ 5 posts ] 
blue large dot

problems running scripts : LOTROExtreme

Posted: May 30th, 2007, 9:22 am

broco2

Total Posts: 6
broco2's Reps: 0
premium
i am having a problem with starting the scripts when i do i immediately get the program has been shutdown message. I read that usualy formatting sorts this but after formatting and reinstalling just lotro, exhume, lotroxtreme,.net 2.0 and windows debugger it still has the same problem. iv looked in event viewer and it comes up with 2 errors.

faulting application lotroxtreme.exe version 0.9.1.0, stamp
46377d2c faulting module msvcrt.dll, version 7.0.2600.0,
stamp 3b7de0e, debug? 0, fault address 0x00033dc0
and
installation in the global assembly cache failed: VGEWraaper.dll
The last one happens 20 secs before i press f5 to start the script the program.

iv read the faqs, iv searched the site and read the vgextreme pages but no answer next to formatting my computer.

anyone shed some light on this?

Posted: May 30th, 2007, 10:55 am

antareus

Total Posts: 297
antareus's Reps: 11
Active User > 50 Posts
premium
Try going into msconfig and under processes uncheck "indexing service" by microsoft.

Posted: May 30th, 2007, 11:40 am

broco2

premium
thanks for the reply,

i have done that and restarted and although it doesnt crash as quick after 5 seconds it crashes with the same errors in event log as above

Posted: May 30th, 2007, 3:09 pm

antareus

Total Posts: 297
antareus's Reps: 11
Active User > 50 Posts
premium
broco2 (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
thanks for the reply,

i have done that and restarted and although it doesnt crash as quick after 5 seconds it crashes with the same errors in event log as above

No problem.

Erm I've never had this issue before but I searched google and found a few possible solutions you could try.

1. Try to re-register the dll file. Do this by clicking Start, Run, and then type the following before pressing [Return]: regsvr32 %SystemRoot%\system32msvcrt.dll

2. You could try to let windows scan for errors and fix them by doing the same as 1., except type in sfc /scannow.

What worries me the most is how most of the people have the issue fixed once they reinstall windows. So j/w, what OS are you currently using?

Posted: May 31st, 2007, 9:17 am

broco2

premium
thanks again,

Im running Windows XP, i tried both of those and the first one said:

C:\WINDOWS\system32\msvcrt.dll was loaded, but the DllRegisterServer entry point was not found. This file can not be registered.

Could this be the source of the problem? Anyway i tried the second one but didnt see it finish but it didnt solve the problem. I also unlocking and deleting the file but that didnt work either.

Il put that qoute above into google and see what it pops up, thanks for the help.

Edit 2.
after searching google i found 1 thing which was to add .old to the end of the file which got windows to reinstall the file again, but it didnt work. I couldnt realy find anything specific enough.

found out that the file is a graphics render file, when messing with my graphics settings to see if that may fix it i noticed that it seems to think im running both my monitor and a tv and had it on clone display. Iv changed it to single display on my monitor but it made no difference, could this be part of the problem?

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online