Posted: April 30th, 2007, 6:37 am

antareus

Total Posts: 297
antareus's Reps: 11
Active User > 50 Posts
premium
Just went to the faq and saw this:

Q: How much is it?

A: LOTROExtreme is going to be only 24.95 per year. Keep in mind with updates that have to happen multiple times a day, and customer support this is more than worth it. Also you are not just getting a hunting bot, but a crafting bot, a radar and whatever people can think up with the program down the road.

So does this mean that once its more polished that we're going to have to pay extra to use this program? OR were you refering to the cost of prem at TU?

Just curious.

Posted: April 30th, 2007, 8:25 am

lilfisher

Total Posts: 6810
lilfisher's Reps: 63
it has been 25 bucks for years and i doubt it will go up

Posted: April 30th, 2007, 8:36 am

wyvernx

Total Posts: 6718
wyvernx's Reps: 21
administrator
premium
That was referring to the premium from TU, but I reserve the right to charge for it later down the road.

Posted: April 30th, 2007, 9:58 am

antareus

Active User > 50 Posts
premium
wyvernx (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
That was referring to the premium from TU, but I reserve the right to charge for it later down the road.

If you do start charging, please be gentle to the programmers ^-^.

Posted: April 30th, 2007, 1:32 pm

x000013

Total Posts: 103
x000013's Reps: 0
Tault Volunteer Staff
maybe introduce a limited bot and if ppl like it and want it to do more then they need to pay up for the full version, this way ppl get to try yr bot out.

However I find it odd after paying to get here, why should I pay more to get what I've already paid for. Surely the dev gets a cut from tault, if not then something is surely not right.

I doubt I would pay extra and endup making something that suits my requirements.

Great work though, I wish I had the time to do something like this.

Posted: April 30th, 2007, 2:28 pm

lilfisher

xunleashed and exhume are owned by the admins of taultunleashed. wyvernx is doing something the site does. you can either sell your product to the site entirely and you get a lump sum of money or you can sell a subscription to it. since he created LOTRExtreme he owns it and is giving it free to the people who purchase a premium. in the future if he wishes he can begin to charge for this if he needs the money. it can be a one time fee, or a monthly, annually, bi-annually, or whatever time he wants.

Posted: April 30th, 2007, 2:34 pm

antareus

Active User > 50 Posts
premium
Tbh Wyvernx Pwns.

Never really said thanks to you for making VGE and LOTROE... so .. Thanks :D.

Posted: April 30th, 2007, 2:47 pm

wyvernx

administrator
premium
I wish anybody good luck on programming for lotr. It is a real pain and very difficult. If people dont like the idea of me selling it here, I may open up a totally different site, and unlink it from XUM and sell it that way. Either way, its still a ways off as there is not much functionality yet in LOTROExtreme.

Posted: April 30th, 2007, 3:08 pm

antareus

Active User > 50 Posts
premium
wyvernx (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
I wish anybody good luck on programming for lotr. It is a real pain and very difficult. If people dont like the idea of me selling it here, I may open up a totally different site, and unlink it from XUM and sell it that way. Either way, its still a ways off as there is not much functionality yet in LOTROExtreme.

I'm not going to stop you from doing whatever you with to do with LOTROExtreme, since its your program. Infact I do think you should be getting some sort of payment for it and all the work which you have put in it, including the tech support.

But for it to be a real seller your going to need premade scripts which go with the bot. There's a huge amount of players out there who are dying to get a hold of a working bot however most of them also lack basic programming knowledge. So shipping LOTROExtreme as simply a programming bot tool for a game, may not be as successful as one with a lot of premade scripts. Now ofcourse your going to have some sort of scripts premade (like you always do), but if you stayed on TU, by the time you start selling LotroExtreme there will most likely already be a large amount of scripts which are constantly updated by the TU community.

Anyway I know I'm rambling and that it's your decision and not mine, but let me give you a couple of ideas for your Extreme clients.

1. So assuming that you've got the program working decently, get a seperate forum which isnt directly connected to TU's prem system but can only be accessed by people who have a Extreme membership. So in other words, keep the forums you have now, but put a lock on them so that only people who have an extreme membership can enter. Secondly, give TU users some kind of discount, like 25% off, this way we may even be able to get TU a few more prem subs and thus recieve more information exploit/guide/cheat wise. Ofcourse, you should keep the option to buy the program without having a TU sub, but you dont get the discount.

2. Make a universal client much like the Exhume client, where you simply select the game then script. The reason for this is, having several clients in different folders can get quite messy, so bringing it all together may help ( better organisation anyway).

So I rambled some more I know, and I'm sorry if I'm trying to sound greedy by requesting that TU prem users get a discount, but I think it would be the more succesfull way in getting the most people from TU to pay for the program/service, as well as perhaps getting more people to sign up for prem accounts.

Hope I haven't offended you in anyway as I've been told that I sometimes come out a bit strong when it comes to paying things :P.

Oh and if you do decide to remove Extreme from TU and make a new site for it ... If you need a mod, I'm right there for you lol :)

Posted: May 1st, 2007, 7:55 pm

cori_tim

Total Posts: 143
cori_tim's Reps: 2
Active User > 50 Posts
Not to be a party pooper but isn't Extreme based on the exhume client? So what would happen if Wyv took his stuff and ran. Would TU build something comparable? Probably Not!

I would think the tault admins would recognize someone with talent and try to keep them from jumping ship. Retention is key to a successful business and if Wyvernx did leave I think more than half of the members would also. It's not like there are many members that contribute more than him.

The Vanguard forum exploded with all sorts of cool scripts but they were all based on Wyv's Extreme client.

But maybe all this talk is to force a hand and to make the admins open their eyes to the possibility of a major contributor leaving the site. Maybe I'm in the wrong for posting this but hey I'm game for a flame. :twisted:

Posted: May 1st, 2007, 11:07 pm

lilfisher

this discussion is getting pretty stupid, someone asks if he will charge more and he says that he can if he wants to, then people start thinking he will charge for it and whine a little so he says if people dont like the idea of him charging on the site he can split off from here and sell on a separate site then people take it even more seriously. people calm down, sit down and do whatever you do normally. he in no way said he WOULD leave just that HE COULD

Posted: May 2nd, 2007, 12:30 am

tault_razorwing

Total Posts: 196
tault_razorwing's Reps: 1
Active User > 50 Posts
yeh i think people seem to be jumping the gun a little.

I like the sound of a trial to test the bot and then pay for the full version does sound the best way if you are planning to implement paying WyvernX.

I was wondering WyvernX, how LOTROextreme works? is it simply just connected to tault database and LOTROextreme is completly your whole program or is parts of it belonging to tault?

As soon as i get VB.Net working with LOTROWrapper.dll, i will be able to help you if i can, not sure if you need help or want it but i am willing to help you in every way i can.

Posted: May 2nd, 2007, 1:01 am

redfred5
redfred5's Reps:
well wyvernx is in his right to charge as he pleases, but one consideration is that it isnt supported and according to the faq, could very well be blocked in the future. i think kudos to him for simply making it part of the premium account for now. perhaps when lotro gets much bigger with time and patience, the rights owners will object (or not) to the usage of lotroe. wyvernx will have to see then. who knows, maybe he can sell it to them and integrated right into the product?

anyhow, thanks wyvernx.

Posted: May 2nd, 2007, 6:47 am

antareus

Active User > 50 Posts
premium
lilfisher (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
this discussion is getting pretty stupid, someone asks if he will charge more and he says that he can if he wants to, then people start thinking he will charge for it and whine a little so he says if people dont like the idea of him charging on the site he can split off from here and sell on a separate site then people take it even more seriously. people calm down, sit down and do whatever you do normally. he in no way said he WOULD leave just that HE COULD

Im perfectly calm, whats wrong with facing the facts now? Infact what if I started writting a huge script for Extreme, only to find that it got moved to another site so I won't be able to run it :P. What I'm saying is, theres nothing wrong about being prepared.

Posted: May 2nd, 2007, 8:05 am

wyvernx

administrator
premium
Until I have a fully working bot, and alot more features in LOTROE, I dont plan on spawning to a new site or charging extra.

I have worked out with admin a way to get "referral" fees and that for me right now is fine.

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online