taultunleashed logoDupe?? : Myth of Soma - Discussion - Page 2
newtopic  postreply
 [ 28 posts ]  Previous  1, 2
blue large dot

Dupe?? : Myth of Soma - Discussion - Page 2

Posted: March 3rd, 2005, 3:25 pm

snyd
snyd's Reps:
Soma007";p="56918 (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
i donno if this is the same way i have done befor but f10 +wh/gs? or the wotw 1 lol that is jokes lol its like 50-50 chance lol i have tried with a few dp atm lol got 6 failed 4(tried 10times).lol good out come i guss.sum need unlucky tho.

Hmm, they 10+wh thingie, was surposed to have been fixed about a month ago or maybe a lil more though...

So it aint?

Posted: March 5th, 2005, 12:08 pm

lo_dave
lo_dave's Reps:
what were the old ways of duping? I have heard tihngs like starting a guildwar with the item in the 'trade' and then dcing but that hasn't worked and i've tried everything i can think of around this theory.

i have also tried the 'dcing in wh' idea, but i can never get it to work on demand, although i did manage to accidently double my mummy bandages

If anyone would like to be nice enough to tell me how it used to be done, so I have an idea what to look out for.

Posted: March 29th, 2005, 4:24 pm

toothpaste
toothpaste's Reps:
Has anybody got anywhere with hexing or debugging the soma client? I mean I can get rid of the countdown message before you log out and changing bits and bobs with a resource hacker, but nothing more useful than that.

Posted: March 31st, 2005, 2:19 am

snyd
snyd's Reps:
toothpaste";p="60071 (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
Has anybody got anywhere with hexing or debugging the soma client? I mean I can get rid of the countdown message before you log out and changing bits and bobs with a resource hacker, but nothing more useful than that.

Removing the countdown will only result in a 5 sec. coutdown, but without actualy showing the numbers 5 4 3 2 1 etc..

right?

Posted: April 1st, 2005, 3:46 am

toothpaste
toothpaste's Reps:
Nope, my client just quits the game without any countdown.

Posted: February 27th, 2006, 4:24 pm

12345six
12345six's Reps:
toothpaste (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
Nope, my client just quits the game without any countdown.

If you just deleted 5,4,3,2 and 1 text from the soma.exe by hex editting the client will still take 5seconds to log out. If you have quicklog it'll seem to take no time probably.

Why does everyone talk about bugs as if thier secrets? To dupe you run 2 instances of soma, /save on the first instance, give the item to instance 2 and /save on that. When the server reboots and you are disconnected both characters should have the item. If you can run more than 2 instances its duplicated more times. It does still work I did it the other day.

Posted: June 15th, 2006, 7:16 am

udd3rs
udd3rs's Reps:
so u can only do it wen they reboot server then?

Posted: March 3rd, 2007, 10:40 am

sickdyn0
sickdyn0's Reps:
*bump*

Could some1 please add some real information abut duping as i was hoping this website would show some good cheating tactics =[

Posted: March 3rd, 2007, 11:35 am

rockape
rockape's Reps:
i know 2 ppl ingame that use dupe and neither will tell me how to do it.

and its not a wait for the server to reboot dupe

from what ive seen they drop the item and logg out and log in and it is duped still trying to find out more.

i will post there char names in a week if ive not found out anything more and you can all pm them on how to do it.

Posted: March 3rd, 2007, 2:10 pm

skinz69
skinz69's Reps:
Im was looking into this and i found out a way to do it, il give you a clue you have to make the client think the server is rebooting :) when it kicks you out log back on and there you go :)

Posted: March 7th, 2007, 10:22 am

rockape
rockape's Reps:
were do you get the client from ?

Posted: March 10th, 2007, 6:47 pm

skinz69
skinz69's Reps:
you make it :)

Posted: February 6th, 2010, 12:59 pm

rikpanda69

Total Posts: 1
rikpanda69's Reps: 0
rockape (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
i know 2 ppl ingame that use dupe and neither will tell me how to do it.

and its not a wait for the server to reboot dupe

from what ive seen they drop the item and logg out and log in and it is duped still trying to find out more.

i will post there char names in a week if ive not found out anything more and you can all pm them on how to do it.

That dupe has to do with the exploit between the character save and action listing. Before they nerfed the ctrl+alt+del you where able to instantly logout of game which made auction duping so easy. When you list an item into the auctioneer theres about half a second of time inbetween when wow saves the posting of the item and the loss of the item in your invetory. Before you could simply kill wow's process and your body would drop out of game instantly. And the more lag the server had the more items you could post before loging out to dupe. But they have it set where if you do ctrl+alt+del or
(!empty($user->lang['CODE'])) ? $user->lang['CODE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'CODE'))):
/run if(not scm) then scm = SendChatMessage; end; function SendChatMessage(msg,type,lang,chan) scm("\124cFF00FFCC\124Hitem:19:0:0:0:0:0 :0: \124h" ..msg.. "\124h\124r",type,lang,chan);end;
/say DISCONNECT RISK: TRUE.

or just exiting your body says in game a more extended period of time which from my calculations seems to be about 1-2 mins so you would need like 2 mins worth of server lag to even make it possible using the old methods. I used to be able to dupe using ctrl+alt+del and from some people I know they are still able to do it using another way to exploit the method but they won't tell anyone cause they don't want wow to patch that since wow could never completely fix the time inbetween the saves at the auction house. But I wish I knew how to use the new method I need some primordal saronite :(

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online