taultunleashed logoGuide: For Human playing beginners : Myth of Soma - Discussion
newtopic  postreply
 [ 5 posts ] 
blue large dot

Guide: For Human playing beginners : Myth of Soma - Discussion

Posted: March 9th, 2005, 2:16 am

profanitydoll
profanitydoll's Reps:
START GUIDE For knuk users.
Hello! Here is my tested guide of how to have a pretty decent myth of soma character, simply. I will include some character slang that is used in game also.
I will not mention quests as I feel those should be done by the player themselves. I will however mention simple things that will do great help to you! Eg im not going to spell it out for you!

One you start up on the character selection screen, create a new human character. Give it 13 CON. This is very important.
PLEASE NOTE THIS IS A DEDICATED GUIDE: WHICH MEANS IF YOU WANT RESULTS YOU WILL HAVE TO REALLY WORK HARD.

You will load into a town called Thousand Year Town. Many players refer to this town and map as 'TYT'.
There will be little red creaters called Brics in this town. They are our first target. You will begin to hate these guys are your going to be training on them for a very long time.
Press F10 to bring up your equiptment menu and left click on all the clothes that are in there. Do not equipt the weapon you have recieved. Start attacking the little brics but tapping the "tab" button once to get into attack mode and then clicking onto the monster. You will find most brics in the top right corner of the town. Now as you punch these you will start to get a stat called CON. This stat is a very important one.
You will do con to 20 con (to see how much con you have fress F9). This will take a VERY LONG TIME!!! I got 20 con at around lv 10/11 but keep going untill you have it. The great thing about leveling con this extremly is by the end of it you should have good moral and you'll gain HP/MP faster than most other players.
Having good moral is very helpful! It makes items in stores cheaper for you!!
Tip: If you keep doing con on brics till lv 13-15 you will get MORAL moral and most people get this moral around lv 30+!

AFTER YOU HAVE 20 CON
You should have a nice stash of money by now. Go to the Warehouse (also known as WH) and put it all in. Make your way to the ANVIL and ask very politely for anyone to make you a TRAINING KNUKLE.
Note: people refer to Knukles as Knuk or Knux. They also refer to training items like a training knuk as t.knuk.

When you get a training knuk, start killing brics again with the knuk equipted (f10 left click on the knuk). Do this untill you have 5.0 skill. Now venture out of town (going west would be a good option) and killing dire wolves and young giant spiders.
When you have at least 12STR you can try Leocrats but not the RED leocrats.
As you are killing these monsters you will be getting 3 stats.
Strength - Cause more dmg and increase DEF
Dexteriy - Accuresy & hit more. Dodge more.
Knuk Skill - Train to use stronger knuks.

At 15 str you can buy your first armour!! Go to town and find the armour vendor. It will be east of town hidden away, if you ask someone kindly they will be happy to direct you/take you there. If you have enougth buy the top, bottoms and shoes (M) that require 15 str to wear. TO find out their requirements hover your cursor over the item.
Once you have brought them open f10 and left click on them all. Sell/drop your old noob armour.

Once you have around 18 str try Red Leocrats, Tigers, Mummys. There are two types of mummys the green and purple kind. Purple as easier. Green are harder and aggressive which means if you walk past them they will follow and attack you.
Carry on till around 21 str. Now you should be able to handle ORCS. Make your way near town and go into the forest, you will see a lot of tigers around here. Walk around the area untill you see a green man thing which is an Orc. They should be pretty easy as you have DEX. Kill them till around 26 str.
By now you should have 15 Knuk Skill. If you do, go into town and find the black smith. Click on him and buy the Knuk that requires 15skill. You will notice there is one for 6 skill, don't buy it. It was better that you used a t.knuk for the extra skill gain.
Dont sell your t.knuk. Put it in your WH.

At 26str you can wear the next armour up. Go to the armour vendor and see what you can buy.
You should be able to handle KOBs with ease now. Head to Merc (ask again. Asking is a great way to learn things by the way and to make friends).

At Kobolds you will gain str/dex very very fast!! You should carry on with this untill around 31+ str. Then head to Scale Raptors. Do them till around 40str and head down to Raptors and hit them till 50. After this head to Trolls and kill them till around 70str there.
During this look around shops in merc for armour you can wear/buy.
Now you will have to learn great places to train by yourself. You will have great HP by now and because you havent touched INT you havent messed your character up yet.

By the time you are lv 30 (though I recommend not touching it untill 40) you should train int.
Get your first spell from Mondaru the swordsman in TYT. The healing spell should cost around 3k but it's worth it at the time. Ask for a t.Staff and start casting heal on other players. A good idea is to help a lower level player hunt and you can heal them in a party. This way you help others while helping yourself.
When you have 11INT get a good int spell from the magic lady in tyt (ask again). Heal people again. At 12int you can get your first offensive magic, fireball. Hit a few mobs with that for a while.
Head to Druids and kill them for a while. Get some new spells. Then at 30int hit and run Evil Brics that are in Merc. At 40 int hit and run Wraiths. At around 50int+ try Shanis.

Thats it for now :D

Posted: March 9th, 2005, 3:45 am

fudley
fudley's Reps:
hello whats ur name on soma? and whats ur lvl
?

Posted: March 10th, 2005, 2:27 pm

mikey101
mikey101's Reps:
i would say they are bout 50+...

Posted: March 11th, 2005, 4:37 am

Guest's Reps:
fudley";p="58363 (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
?

I am lv 63, not very high :(
My name? you'll find out one day. I was pretty famous in beta though :p But then i quit for a year :p

Posted: March 11th, 2005, 4:39 am

Guest's Reps:
Guest";p="58595 (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
fudley";p="58363 (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
?

I am lv 63, not very high :(
My name? you'll find out one day. I was pretty famous in beta though :p But then i quit for a year :p

wuupsie i forgot to log in. hehe. it's profanitydoll here :p

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online