taultunleashed logoQuestion --> Is that possible to go to a specific locatio : EVE Online General Discussions
newtopic  postreply
 [ 7 posts ] 
blue large dot

Question --> Is that possible to go to a specific locatio : EVE Online General Discussions

Posted: September 12th, 2005, 1:08 am

ghostraider
ghostraider's Reps:
Is that possible to go to a specific location in space without BMs? I want to go fast using warp not standard thrusters. Maybe another question, is that possible to set up a BM anywere in the space without actually being there? How do safe spots are made? just warping between two know places and placing a BM in mid warp? Or I am missing something?
please help
Thanks

Posted: September 12th, 2005, 3:25 am

darthvader
darthvader's Reps:
Yes is possible to place a BM in mid warp but u have to do a little thing before :D
1 : stop your ship
2 : activate your MWD .. your cap must be empty .
3 : warp

if the cap is empty you cannot warp to a long path then u'r ship will stop at some AU and you can BM the position ...
I use this tip for long time now and it work good :wink:

Bye.

Posted: September 12th, 2005, 11:35 am

tault_buckw1
tault_buckw1's Reps:
Is it possible to go to specific spot in space without BM? Not to my knowledge, location has to be know beforehand, no warping to x,y,z cordinates.

Is it possible to set up a BM anywere in the space without actually being there? Again, not that I know of...

How do safe spots are made? With People and Places already open, click add bookmark while in warp.

Sounds like you want to explore, but to warp anywhere you need a point in space to lock onto, that can be anything showing in overview and possibly scanner. Just like StarTrek, they plot a course before warping, but thrusters will move you anywhere, just very slowly :)

Go here for everything on setting BM's ....http://elroycruise.free.fr/bookieguide

Hope this helped.

Posted: September 12th, 2005, 2:34 pm

ghostraider
ghostraider's Reps:
ok thank you guys.

Posted: May 11th, 2006, 4:06 pm

riskybutworthit
riskybutworthit's Reps:
To make BM's in space while in warp, just hit F11 to bring up your mini map. warp to the point you wish to fly to at 100Km from destination. while in warp, be ready to hit add bookmark, and hit enter quickly. Thus, you just made an in warp Safe Spot. once you reach your destination, warp to your BM. then you will see exactly where you are on the mini map. this also works when you make BM's in 0.0 space to scout an empty system. as you go into warp to your desired location, preferably the next gate. make a BM as soon as you see your distance more than 1AU from the gate you just left. then warp back to your new BM. do the same thing for the next gate and so on. now you have scanning range for the gates. next, make ss (safespots)... make at least 4 in all directions... the sun, a planet... NEVER warp to a moon, for it may have a POS... now ... you have a system wide ss/scanning BM's. finish it off by making your gate BM's. always get behind the gate of one, and have the other set right behind it. set a BM's and rename it... so and so gate to so and so gate. when someone or a group of someones appear in local, warp to your first ss. wait about 20 seconds, then warp to one of your scanning points. scan the gate. then warp to the other scanning point and so on. keep moving about until local is clear. thats about it, and happy BM making! If you need a tutorial, i can fraps it and send a small vid to show you just what i mean. :D

Posted: June 30th, 2006, 10:59 pm

ghostraider
ghostraider's Reps:
riskybutworthit (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
To make BM's in space while in warp, just hit F11 to bring up your mini map. warp to the point you wish to fly to at 100Km from destination. while in warp, be ready to hit add bookmark, and hit enter quickly. Thus, you just made an in warp Safe Spot. once you reach your destination, warp to your BM. then you will see exactly where you are on the mini map. this also works when you make BM's in 0.0 space to scout an empty system. as you go into warp to your desired location, preferably the next gate. make a BM as soon as you see your distance more than 1AU from the gate you just left. then warp back to your new BM. do the same thing for the next gate and so on. now you have scanning range for the gates. next, make ss (safespots)... make at least 4 in all directions... the sun, a planet... NEVER warp to a moon, for it may have a POS... now ... you have a system wide ss/scanning BM's. finish it off by making your gate BM's. always get behind the gate of one, and have the other set right behind it. set a BM's and rename it... so and so gate to so and so gate. when someone or a group of someones appear in local, warp to your first ss. wait about 20 seconds, then warp to one of your scanning points. scan the gate. then warp to the other scanning point and so on. keep moving about until local is clear. thats about it, and happy BM making! If you need a tutorial, i can fraps it and send a small vid to show you just what i mean. :D

I really apreciate all the good will you had on teaching me this. but I thought I was clear about my question. I want a way to go ANYWERE not limited to the elements line of warp inside a system. I want to point to somewere in the space and travel for example 3 or 4 AUs or as much AUS I can with the power I have in my capacitor.

Posted: October 2nd, 2006, 12:38 pm

tault712

Total Posts: 94
tault712's Reps: 2
Active User > 50 Posts
To bookmark a place in space just jettison something into space and bookmark the can. Dont forget to pickup up the can after as we cant be littering can we. :D

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online