taultunleashed logoCrafting Bot - 3rd party program : EverQuest 2 General Discussions
newtopic  postreply
 [ 9 posts ] 
blue large dot

Crafting Bot - 3rd party program : EverQuest 2 General Discussions

Posted: July 18th, 2006, 12:03 am

squirrelycc

Total Posts: 109
squirrelycc's Reps: 0
Active User > 50 Posts
Extreme Crafting had an awesome 3rd party crafting program and back in May, the site closed and developers discontinued updating the software. They sent out a message to all members that they would be doing this and that we were free to use the software until it broke (which was supposed to be the next live update). Interestingly, it has not. I just removed some of the .dll files that caused problems and it works fine.

My question is that since the programmer has closed down his/her site, and has disabled the login feature for the program, would it be against Xunleashed User Policy to upload the software files for everyone to use? Also, anyone think it would be a problem if I were to upload this for everyone since I am not the original programmer even though service and the program have been discontinued?

Thesoftware is awesome and works great. I have crafted 1200 items in one sitting while I was away.

Input would be appreciated!

Posted: July 18th, 2006, 1:28 am

dildog
dildog's Reps:
Looks Exciting! Id be interested to see the program :D

Posted: July 18th, 2006, 2:19 am

Tault_nazeroth

Total Posts: 1390
Tault_nazeroth's Reps: 1
premium
Depends more so on whether the dev wants his software to be freely traded than our own user policy.
You should email the dev asking whether its ok to treat his software as freeware before uploading it anywhere.
If you get a positive reply then provide it in the thread when you release the program.

Posted: July 18th, 2006, 7:21 am

squirrelycc

Active User > 50 Posts
Here is a copy of the email i recieved a while back:

---------------------------------------------------
Greetings Extreme Crafting User:

As I'm sure many of you have noticed, my ability to maintain and support the Extreme Crafting website and software has been seriously diminished. This is due to many issues - most of them personal. Unfortunately I've reached the point where I must shut the website down completely and just let it go, as I absolutely cannot continue to support it any longer.

In order to do what I could to make sure all of you would continue to have a solid crafting program for EverQuest II, I have made a deal with the owner of http://www.macrocrafter.com, whose product is Evercraft. The deal is not as good as I'd hoped, but it's the best I could get and I feel those of you who take advantage of it will not be disappointed.

Michael is just about to launch their new website and release version 5 of Evercraft, which I have to say from what I've seen is pretty nice. He has agreed to offer all Extreme Crafting account holders 1 free license for Evercraft 5. The drawback is that with his new site and the release of Evercraft 5, he is implementing a subscription-based service that is roughly $3 dollars per month.

He has agreed to include with the free license about a 50% discount on a 6 month subscription. Normally it's $19 - he will offer it to you guys for $10. Again, I know it sucks that you're being asked to pay more money and I sincerely apologize for that, but there's nothing more I can do about it. Michael seems like a reasonable guy, and for those of you who aren't interested in converting to Evercraft 5 and the subscription, you might consider asking him about a better deal on access to Evercraft 4.

As I'm sure you've noticed, I have disabled the authentication system for Extreme Crafting. The next time SOE patches the game and Extreme Crafting breaks, it will be for good. Until that time, enjoy it - share it with friends - do whatever you like with it.

Once again, I apologize to you all that it has come to this. I wish you the best of luck in your gaming.
-----------------Snip-------------------------------------

I made the important stuff from the developers email in bold.... Program never broke, and still works 100% fine for crafting. The developer says "Share it with friends, do whatever you want with it." So i guess that means its a go!

On that note, let me just explain the minor changes made. The program is for crafting but it also had a feature for the broker... which I never used. Since LU24, which changed selling and the broker window UI, Extreme Crafting was not working correctly. So all I did was remove the .dll files and user interface files that dealt with the broker window UI mod, and TADA!!! Program crafts perfectly!!!

Now I have a few questions.... the installation for the program was very similar to the Exhume Client installation. You downloaded a file to a folder and it automatically updated the program. If it was the first time the program was runing, it would download all the files for the program to the folder it was in. I assume that I can just put the entire folder that has the program into a *.zip or *.rar file, and upload it that way (since you really can't update anymore since the server is down). I'll test it out to see if this will work. Also, I am going to have to contact a site admin to figure out how to upload the files...

Anyway, its an awesome program and works really well.... this post is getting a bit too long, but again input is wanted.... the dev email said "Share it with friends" so I guess its okay to share it here?

Yay or Nay?

Posted: July 26th, 2006, 11:01 am

wreckagetao
wreckagetao's Reps:
Yes share! :-p

Posted: July 26th, 2006, 11:19 am

wyvernx

Total Posts: 6718
wyvernx's Reps: 21
administrator
premium
Give me 1 more day.. just one more day and you wont be dissappointed!!!

Posted: July 28th, 2006, 1:16 am

Tault_nazeroth

Total Posts: 1390
Tault_nazeroth's Reps: 1
premium
haha wyvernx, do i sence desperation? ;)
squirrelycc - Yeah it sounds legit to post here. Thanks for the heads up on this.

Posted: October 31st, 2006, 8:29 am

squirrelycc

Active User > 50 Posts
Sorry for never updatiing or posting about this since the summer.... What ended up happening is the hard drive with the files for the software burned out and I lost the program. I do however think that I have another HD with an Norton Ghost Image of the Hard Drive, where I could potentially retrieve the program (not entirely sure as it has been a long time since I last posted about this.) Anyway, if I can manage to retrieve the files it wont be until the end of December being that I am not living at home right now (which is where the backup image is located.) So, if I do find it I will post it, otherwise sorry for capturing so many peoples interest if I can't deliver. :(

Posted: December 12th, 2006, 6:11 am

un0riginal

Total Posts: 123
un0riginal's Reps: 28
Active User > 50 Posts
premium
any update on this squirrelycc?

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online