taultunleashed logoLOTRO Guides - Man Intro and partial Hobbit Intro guide : LOTRO - Guides
newtopic  postreply
 [ 9 posts ] 
blue large dot

LOTRO Guides - Man Intro and partial Hobbit Intro guide : LOTRO - Guides

Posted: July 31st, 2007, 8:49 pm

rockdevourer
rockdevourer's Reps:
Hello, before we get started here, I would like to say thank you for reading. This guide works for Man (either male or female, doesn't matter) and partially for hobbits.

**THIS PART IS FOR MAN ONLY**
When the game first starts, you'll find yourself in a prison cell with Admir. If you want, you can set your first title now by clicking the little icon that pops up in the bottom right corner twice. Moving on, you need to speak with Admir first before you can do anything. You'll see the other NPCs chatting and Eogon tells the blackwold lackey to come in the cell and kill you. After this little episode, move out of the cell and immediately you'll find a crate. Right click on it and speak to Admir. (!empty($user->lang['IMAGE'])) ? $user->lang['IMAGE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'IMAGE')))
Depending on what class you picked, you'll get different weapons. Since I am a Champion, I receive a rusted longsword and a knife. I believe all the other jobs just receive a knife.

Incase you don't know how to equip the items, hit the "I" key and double click on the weapon; hit I again to make the window disappear.

After speaking with Admir, he'll tell you to go defeat the captors of Celandine. Move northwest to the door, and right click it. After going through, you'll be greeted by a Blackwold Ruffian. Right click him and you'll start attacking; use the skills you have (usually 3) and he'll be down in no time at all. [img=http://s2.photobucket.com/albums/y32/Rockhardtaru/ScreenShot00001.jpg[/img]
Move on to the Blackwold Lackey who is pacing back and forth and repeat what you just did; if you get a link (another enemy joins in the fight) don't worry. These guys are weak enough so you pretty much won't die unless you go AFK (away from keyboard). Here, looting comes in to play. Remember what you did to the crate? Just do the same thing! Right click on the body and click the loot all. Usually these items are pretty useless, but always pick them up and sell them in the future if you don't plan on using them. (!empty($user->lang['IMAGE'])) ? $user->lang['IMAGE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'IMAGE')))
Moving on to the blackwold ruffian, do as you did before. Don't be intimidated by him saying that you won't get past him, he's just a pushover. After you have defeated him, move on to the last Blackwold, who happens to be another Ruffian. After defeating him, talk to Celandine and click continue quest. (!empty($user->lang['IMAGE'])) ? $user->lang['IMAGE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'IMAGE')))
She's ****ING CRAZY!! After watching Celandine set the house on fire (committing arson is never good) talk to the Baggins kid. He'll unlock the next gate for you, and you get to watch a little drama unfold before you. Don't worry about the dread, you won't die from it but it's a good thing no enemies are around. After the blackrider leaves, speak with Admir who tells you to speak with Celandine. Click "Finish Now" and be transported to Archet. **Note, you don't have to watch the little video before being loaded, just hit the escape button**

**THIS WORKS FOR MAN AND HOBBIT**
After arriving in Archet, speak with Mundo. He'll tell you to go speak to Admir. He is just south of you, you can't miss him. Talk to Admir, and you'll be rewarded with some experience points (roughly 80) and some rewards. Note, you get a selectable reward, so you can choose either the cloth gloves or the leather gloves; if it has red around it, it means that you can't use it and you should probably choose the other reward (keep in mind that some classes can choose either). That window will disappear and a new one will pop up. Accept it, and it's time to find Mr. Captain Brackenbrook. Go up either of the two stair sets immediately south of you and go through the door to find him. Talk to him, then click continue quest. After that is over with, go out and talk to Admir again and he will reward you with some more experience points and 90 copper pieces. Again, there will be a new window that pops up, accept it. Go through the little hallway behind the sign next to Admir and go south once out of the hallway. Approach the group of people, and find your class trainer. Speak with the, and click on the Intro: Honing your skills and click continue quest. Make your way back to Admir and speak with him and receive some experience, 42 copper pieces, and 3 simple rations.
(!empty($user->lang['IMAGE'])) ? $user->lang['IMAGE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'IMAGE')))

By this time, you should be level 3 and new skills should be available. Accept the new quest that pops up from Admir, and make your way back to the trainer you just left from. Talk to them, then click the train skills button.

Learn all the skills you can for now, then equip them. Like the tip says (if you have them turned on), hit K and drag and drop the skill to your bar. (!empty($user->lang['IMAGE'])) ? $user->lang['IMAGE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'IMAGE')))

After this, let's move on to the quest we just received from Admir. Move east, then south to get out of the gate we need to go through. Move to the building you see to your right and speak to Dirk Mudbrick. He'll tell you about how wolves near his farm are terrorizing his precious little sheep. He wants you to go out and kill 6 of them and return to him. Pretty simple task, eh? Move east into the fields and kill 6 wolves using both your new and old skills as well as just mashing their heads in regularly. After defeating six of them, return to the farm and speak with Dirk Mudbrick. This is another selectable-reward quest, so go ahead and choose again. The window will close and a new one will open up, giving you a new quest. It tell you to go and find a Blackwold Spy, kill him, then search him (loot) and report back to Dirk Mudbrick.

Let's head south, and you should spot a spy next to a tree or moving twoards another tree. [img=http://s2.photobucket.com/albums/y32/Rockhardtaru/ScreenShot00006.jpg[/img]
After killing him, head back to Dirk Mudbrick who will tell you to go deliver the orders to Captain Brackenbrook. You should remember where he is, if not, he is in the door at the top of the stairs next to Admir. Choose either the padded shirt or leather shirt; whichever one you can equip. Another quest should pop up, telling you to go to his son, Jon Brackenbrook. Accept it, but we have some other things to take care of first. Go back outside, and we will load up on some more quests and just make one big trip.

Go down the stairs and talk to Celandine who wants you bring her some kingsfoil leaves. Accept it, and move southeast-ish to talk to Constable Thistlewool. He has three quests for you, so click on the one at a time (you have to talk to him again to get the other quests). After receiving the three quests, move north and then east to move to the closest ring on the mini-map in the top-right corner of your screen. Go up the stairs and through the door and talk to the jailer. You'll complete one quest, and receive another requesting you to get some bilberries. By the way, congratulations on achieving level four now. If not, you should level up on the next quest. Speaking of which, head west then north to the other ring. Again, you'll finish one quest and receive another. Peg wants some fresh boar-meat for the refugees.

Before we do any of the 6 quests we have currently, let's move to the trainers again and get some new skills. After learning and equipping the new skills, head out the gate again. You'll see a castle type thing to your 11oclock (SSE in game), head that way. After arriving in the Folly, you'll see glowing plants around the edges. Run up to them, and right click and you'll receive one of 4 kingsfoil leaves. (!empty($user->lang['IMAGE'])) ? $user->lang['IMAGE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'IMAGE')))
Keep going around the edge and collect three more then head South to get to Mr. Cal Springly's farm. Talk to him about the current quest "The old Bulwarks" and then continue the quest. After the window disappears, talk to Cal Springly again and receive the quest "Old Bloodtusk".

Head northeast, then east as soon as possible, while killing any Bristlehide piglets on the way. You should find atleast 5, and Old Bloodtusk should supply 6 of the boar-meats you need. Bloodtusk isn't too hard to beat, you shouldn't die unless you start the battle injured. My suggestion is wait until your health is all the way up as well as your power and then have at it. He can knock you out for about 6-7 seconds, then you are able to fight again. You should finish the fight with about 90 morale left (phew!). Make your back to Springly's farm, killing and Bristlehide Pigglets on the way if you don't have your 6 meats yet. Talk to Cal Springly and choose the best weapon you can use and then equip it. (!empty($user->lang['IMAGE'])) ? $user->lang['IMAGE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'IMAGE')))

You may notice something pop up in the bottom-right hand corner now if you have been following this guide correctly. Go ahead and double click it and i'll explain it real fast. This is the first deed you can start (as far as I know) and it is entitled "Bree-land Adventurer". You have completed 1/15 quests so far, and any quests you do from now in the introduction and after the introduction count towards it. The reward for doing 15 quests is Empathy +1 which is a trait, equip-able only from the help of a bard. The first bard you can find is in Combe, only accessible after the introduction. Most deeds offer something useful, like a trait, while others offer a neat title like Spider-Foe. It'll tell you when you have completed the deed in the bottom right hand corner something will pop up and usually there is something you can do after the deed, like an advance deed. Those usually give another trait or a new title. Deeds are nice to do, but I wouldn't go out of my way too far to get them done unless they are for a new skill. You can check on the deed by clicking on the journal on the left side of the ring on the bottom of the screen.
(!empty($user->lang['IMAGE'])) ? $user->lang['IMAGE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'IMAGE')))

Shall we continue on? Head North-Northeast to the lake and swim, swim like the wind! But, before that, you should see a glowing bush near by (shouldn't be very hard to spot); go ahead and right click it and get your first Bilberry. Swim on to the little island and find a glowing bush on the other side of it and right click to get your second Bilberry. Swim northeast to the little patch of brown dirt and you'll find your 3rd bush. Finally, the 4th bush should be in sight, slightly northwest of here. The rock may be blocking the view of the bush.

Talk to Atli Spiderbane and and Ann Granger, both located right outside the Hunter's Lodge (the house). After receiving their quests, go inside and talk to Jon Brackenbrook. Choose your reward and a new quest should pop up. Accept it, then go back outside. Head south and across the water again and head to the furtherest structure. You should see a bunch of Blackwold's hanging out. Try not to have them get to close, or they will link (spot you and attack with the other one) and it could be deadly. Instead, take them out one by one and head inside the Blackwold's Roost. You'll need to take out the Brigand-Lieutenant and the Blackwold Striker up the stairs before being able to retrieve the satchel. The satchel is located in the corner, it's red and you can't miss it; it's right next to the stairs.

**DEED INFO** Credit to:Hardsell
while in the Blackwold's Roost to click on the -Ancient Cairn (27.1 S, 46.6 W at Blackwold's Roost) for the deed The History of the Dunedain which when finished earns Idealism + 1

After getting it, run like hell out of there, or take your time and kill the Blackwold's off. After you have killed six of them, head back to the Hunter's Lodge and talk to Ann Granger, then go inside and talk to Jon Brackenbrook. Congratulations on level 5, and if you have not died yet, you get a new title "Name the Wary". Click and remove those two things at the bottom right and activate the new title if you wish.

Jon Brackenbrook should give you a new quest, "Intro: The Assault on Archet". Accept it, but don't talk to him again just yet. Head back outside, and go across the bridge and through the little arch. Kill 5 spiders then follow the little path until you uncover a body on the ground. Search him, and then click continue quest. Go back to the Hunter's Lodge (where you just came from) and talk to Atli Spider-Bane. Go back to town; if you don't remember where it is, follow the map using the "M" key or just go across the bridge and follow the path back. After making it back to town, go to all the rings on the Mini-Map and talk to the people. You should achieve level 6, congratulations.

Now that your level 6, you probably have some new skills waiting for you. Go find your trainer and train all the skills you can. While you are here, go ahead and click the passive skills tab. Don't bother with the instrument skills, just learn the parry or evade, whichever you have. After your done with that, make your final journey back to the Hunter's Lodge. Talk to Jon Brackenbrook, and go ahead and travel.

When you arrive, go into your inventory (the I key). Find the Blue Bottle and the Green Bottle and drag it and drop it to your bar. This is in case of emergency so you don't die. The green one heals your morale, and the blue one heals your power. Simple, enough right? You only have 2 for now, but you should get more later on via purchasing or questing. Head on down the ramp and take out the Blackwold Striker. The Blackwold should be nearby, take him out next. Now, there are 3, all close together. You should die, but go after the two melee ones first, seeing how they can knock you out. Kill them, then go after the Striker; if you are close to dying, go ahead and use the green bottle. Next, two more Blackwolds; this should be easy enough. Moving along the path, you'll find a Blackwold and a Striker, kill them. Keep on going and you will find more, except this time the spiders attack; kill them. A little further down, more fighting is going on, and kill the spiders again. Woo hoo! We're done with the stupid path. Kill the Prisoner, then Calder Cob; both are extreme push-overs.

Talk to the jailor, then continue the quest. Go through the gate, kill the 2 Blackwolds and to the right is Admir. Talk to him, he'll tell you to fetch water from the well. The well is near where you just killed the Blackwolds. Right click it, and run back to the fire, but don't step in it or you will be burned. Kill the Blackwold, then the Blackwold Striker, then another Blackwold, then finally Eogan. Speak with Mundo Sackville-Baggins (hey, we remember him!). He'll tell you to speak with Celandine. Click finish now, then talk again and then travel now.

**NEXT PART FOR MAN ONLY, HOBBIT HAS SOMETHING DIFFERENT**
Again, you don't have to watch the movie just hit escape. To finish it, talk to Jon Brackenbrook who is directly in front of you and click on "Intro: The Assault on Archet."

Well, this ends the guide to the Introduction for Man and partially for Hobbit. I hope you enjoyed reading it and enjoyed the game thus far. You are now level 6, if you followed the guide correctly, and almost level 7. Take care, and have fun in Middle-Earth!

Hoping for Premium :D Thanks for reading!

Last edited by Guest on August 3rd, 2007, 9:19 am, edited 2 times in total.

Posted: August 1st, 2007, 3:07 pm

Tault_admin

Total Posts: 29974
Tault_admin's Reps: 1444
administrator
Mod in Training
Can premium members say yay or nay to this being moved to a confirmed section.

Posted: August 1st, 2007, 5:14 pm

Tault_mississippi

Total Posts: 257
Tault_mississippi's Reps: 0
Lifetime Member (Scripting)
premium
Confirmed. It's a good write up of the tutorial. Should get people from level 1-6 relatively easy as well.

Posted: August 2nd, 2007, 10:07 am

Tault_admin

Total Posts: 29974
Tault_admin's Reps: 1444
administrator
Mod in Training
moving to confirmed. Umm i guess more pictures of locations but that comes when you start more of a grinding guide.

Posted: August 2nd, 2007, 12:38 pm

Tault_mississippi

Total Posts: 257
Tault_mississippi's Reps: 0
Lifetime Member (Scripting)
premium
Yea, I would add to Admins comment. A screenshot of the zone map, with numbered labels of areas, which allows you to reference the numbers in the text of the walkthrough, would really help people who aren't familiar with a zone know where they need to move to in order to perform the actions you are directing them towards.

Posted: August 2nd, 2007, 2:41 pm

hardsell

Total Posts: 703
hardsell's Reps: 1487
premium
same info as was posted in march

http://www.taultunleashed.com/phpbb2/ab ... less_.html

Posted: August 2nd, 2007, 2:45 pm

rockdevourer
rockdevourer's Reps:
hardsell (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
I had in no way of knowing this before hand because I wasn't a premium member before, and have not used the site before. Besides, mine seems somewhat different than his and mine includes pictures and instances (I don't think his does from me just skimming through it).

Posted: August 3rd, 2007, 4:59 am

hardsell

Total Posts: 703
hardsell's Reps: 1487
premium
Of course you couldn't know that and I am not belittling your guide compared to what others submit trying to save a little $, it is magnificent

but I have a problem I always play devil's advocate if you say A even if I agree with A, I say B so all sides can be explored

At that level a guide is just icing on the cake as there is no death penalty and no experience points are ever taken away a character cannot help but level up and a new player needs to learn how to decipher the sometimes less than great quest descriptions the devs made

But here is for icing on the cake, job well done!

the only thing I would add is while in the Blackwold's Roost to click on the -Ancient Cairn (27.1 S, 46.6 W at Blackwold's Roost) for the deed The History of the Dunedain which when finished earns Idealism + 1

Doing it now while your right there saves a run back to little used zone

and yes there was another post in march covering the instance taken from ten ton like most of the race, class crafting guides posted here were
http://www.taultunleashed.com/phpbb2/ab ... thru_.html

---------
hardsell

Posted: August 3rd, 2007, 9:20 am

rockdevourer
rockdevourer's Reps:
I added in the part about the idealism +1 with credit to you inside the guide. Thanks for the info

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online