newtopic  postreply
 [ 5 posts ] 
blue large dot

LOTRO Tricks - Lore-masters Pet Resummon : LOTRO - Guides

Posted: January 11th, 2010, 2:56 am

georgeforeman

Total Posts: 30
georgeforeman's Reps: 1
This isn't a cheat or an exploit, just a little bit of knowledge that it seems most loremasters still do not know about.

Having played lore-master since the game first came out, I'm always surprised when long-term lore-masters haven't heard this before.

Between spawns of adds, simply resummon your pet to get all your pets skills cooldowns reset. This is particularly good in skirmishes where you can resummon the lynx between each wave to get his big stealth crit back and his AoE.

Posted: January 11th, 2010, 6:20 am

hardsell

Total Posts: 703
hardsell's Reps: 1487
premium
thats a good tip to save someone having to remove a debuff on it, or using a salve on it

its pretty well known though, was in the lotro forums before first prunning of posts (they've pruned two more times if memory serves)

its at least still working, there used to be a captains trick turbine removed, to activate the heal when you kill something you used to be able to kill a "coney" or one of the scurrying little things that had no level or exp and it activated the heal in times of need

I always liked being able to level about a dozen lm class traits on my pet it reminded me of eq sitting in PoK and spamming my alteration, conjuration and other skills on my self, ah the good old days

but there are a lot of things players may not know that we should mention....

one captain I know didnt know you could individually buff pets (his or others)

shoot a lewvel 60something I was just in a group with asked what the FM red and white bullseye circle was ...

people are soloing almost exclusively not knowing any group strategy's or team mechanics

(or playing friends, or bought account)

so post the things you've seen that others should know

Posted: January 15th, 2010, 7:56 pm

Tault_admin

Total Posts: 29974
Tault_admin's Reps: 1444
administrator
Mod in Training
so yay or nay hardsell?

Posted: January 15th, 2010, 8:18 pm

hardsell

Total Posts: 703
hardsell's Reps: 1487
premium
being such a common sense thing you learn after playing char should be a nay but is something a very new player might use; so

a small yay

also as an lm is one of my 3 big boys (65 and kindred with 4 at som intro and last 2 on way) another lm trick that helps me is to always horse up when jumping off anything of almost any height

the pet almost never follows you from any height, and you usually jump into mobs, so jumping on horse the pet comes with you..which helps as the pet is so much of our damage, and being able to get things off with no interrupts ...

Last edited by hardsell on January 16th, 2010, 10:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: January 16th, 2010, 8:47 am

Tault_admin

Total Posts: 29974
Tault_admin's Reps: 1444
administrator
Mod in Training
k moving to confirmed and 300 tu bucks granted.

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online