taultunleashed logoMerchant/Smith (Forge/Battle Hybrid) Guide : RO Discussion
newtopic  postreply
 [ 6 posts ] 
blue large dot

Merchant/Smith (Forge/Battle Hybrid) Guide : RO Discussion

Posted: January 19th, 2004, 10:12 pm

tault_gerdalti
tault_gerdalti's Reps:
First off, it helps A TON if you already have an established character in RO so you can supply yourself the right way. With that said, make you newbie (9 dex, 9 str, 9 agi) and have someone trustworthy transfer the following to you:

+8 blade (best weap for a newbie)
as much zeny as possible.
hat of your choice
about 150 reds. You will probably be ow, but don't worry about it, the pots are there to regen you so you don't have to do it naturally. We are going for speed of leveling here people. =)

That's all you really need to start.

Now let's get to merchant. To do this, kill a few porings and fabres or rhoda frogs to get to about level 4 or 5 base. Next move on to either rockers or go one west and one south of alberta to fight spores. Now you will be using reds like mad...on the order of several reds per monster you fight but you will level sooo quickly. Spores are great for this..they give good job xp. When you get about base 11 or so, you should be ready to change to merch. Go to alberta and do the quest. Poof, now lets get leveling again.

Now we are going to be using lots of reds, but again, leveling very fast. Go to pront or izlude and save there. Now stock up on as many reds as you can carry. Go down to morroc desert and start wackin some pecos. They will hurt, but you will level so fast. While you're doing this, level agi up as much as possible. Get dex to about 20 and level str to about 20...rest in agi. Here is my whole merch build while I'm at it:

5 increase weight
10 dc
10 oc
3 veding
1 ID
10 pushcart

You can get them in the order you want to. 5 increase weight is first. Then get 10 pushcart. Then get the rest as you want. I leveled dc before oc since you will be getting lots of reds through your merchood. (you can also buy carrots...more hp for less price, but I like to use reds and don't mind spending the extra z).

Now, back to leveling. When pecos get to be about 2 or so % per kill, it's time to move on to culvert. Be careful of mobs since you are an agi char. At this point, you should hopefully have some kind of +8 chain equiped. I used a triple hurricane chain throughout my merchood, but other weapons are better. There are so many things here to kill that you will level fast based on quantity over quality. Plus, you can get some iron ores for practicing iron refining later. Stay here until it gets old. Stay out of culverts 4 though. Male theif bugs (the green ones) will kick your butt.

Next, move on to smokie forest. Take out smokies and cocos. Maybe even get a kitty band. By this time, dex is at 20, str is either 20 or 30 and the rest is in agi. When this gets old, move on to elder willows. I prefer the payon elder willow map. Not as packed and they have poison spores. Collect trunks here to help make your sakkat. Keep leveling here until about job level 34 or 35. By this time, you should have a buckler or two. One should be an Athena (ambernite) at the very least. Next...this is the part that sucks...just suck it up and do it. Fill your cart with reds and move on to geffen 1. Stay here until you make it to BS. If you can get a preist or aco to help, then do it...but it's not necessary. If you have a triple drain chain or wind chain, you can break up the torture by going to byalan 2 or 3 to level, but seriously, by the quantity principle again, few places beat geffen 1 to power level to second class.

When you have endured this torture...Congratulations! You have made it to Blacksmith. You should be proud. The merch build you just made had NO offensive skills to help you level up to 2nd class. The only class that should be prouder imo is a pure int aco that got little to no help to make it to priest.

Ok, now stop gloating...time to get down to business. This is where an alternate character helps. Go to places that drop good rares and loot and sell them or oc them with your new BS until you have amassed a small fortune. You need to get a mocking muffler or even better a mocking manateau (whisper card) and either a wind chain or a triple drainliar chain. These equips are expensive, but help a lot. Additionally, try to get 2 kobold clips. At the very least, have an andre or drainliar chain and 2 rosaries. But most importantly GET THAT WHISPER.

Next, go to sohees and start powerleveling. Take a cartful of reds and get cracking. Get an agi up from priests whenever you can. Go around and just use AR constantly and sit in the middle to get heals while you sp refen. Now, you should have your agi to about 80 stop there for now. Str is to 30 and bring luk and dex to 20. This should come to you about base 65. I know dex is better for forging than luk, but you are a proud hybrid and the luk helps you crit a lot more..especially if you have cobold clips. =) I am at the point where people ask me to tank them. Yes a blacksmith tanks ppl in P4. It's kind of fun, and it's usually acos I tank...give back to the community that helps me most, I always say. =).

Well, this is where I am at currently. I do about 160 to 200 damage per hit on sohees. With ar on, I can kill them faster than most assassins. Like I said, there are no signs of me slowing down...and if you have some patience, you should be able to level in P4 to base 70...as an option, you can hang out in bylan 4 to level fast as well. Just be prepared to fly when you are extremely mobbed. Also, with a firechain or andre chain, you can kick it in orc dungeon for a little change of pace...maybe get an emperium or two.

I will get dex and luk to 30, then work on more agi to 91 or so and more str...then back to dex and luk to finish out the build. Maybe agi to 99 not sure yet. I plan to go to geffen 2 and 3 when I am done with payon 4, hoping to get a preist's help whenever I can.

As an aside, I'd like to comment on str builds. I think str builds are good for a bs. They help in pvp, to mvp, and they take advantage of the str battlesmith skills very well. Str builds can kill sohees fast, but they also take damage and hit slowwwww. At my current state, I get hit once by a sohee about every 2 or 3 that I fight. So in the end, I think I am using fewer healing items and don't need to rely on a priest as much. I love the fast attack speed as well. Just as pt, wp, and mp enhance a str build, ar enhances an agi build. My agi build is an option to the strength build that is very viable and fairly easy. And I have had a str build. After the closed beta stat reset I changed my level 60 bs to all str. I hated it so much I deleted and remade my agi bs. Of course this is MY opinion only. So an idividual obviously needs to decide what they like in the game. I like attack speed with a little str and good dodge, which is why I made this build the way I did. =)

Now back to business.
As far as bs skill build get:

2 hammerfall
5 ar

this is where I stopped with my offensive skills. If you want more str in your build, you might want to get powerthrust as well.

Then, get:
hilt binding
weapon research to 10
iron 1
steel 1
ore discovery (this skill rocks...I've gotten 2 rough wind, gold and a ton of other ores with it)

Other than that, get the refining skills and forging skills that you want. Use a skill planner before you start. You won't be forging for awhile since you will make up for your less dex luk with your increase in job levels. I would say wait until you are past job 40 until you start trying to forge. Until you get your job level, dex and luk up to the where it needs to be to forge fairly well. Until then, enjoy the battlesmith part of your build. You will dodge the things you need to fight pretty damned well, have an ok attack (not near as good as str build though), and you will be putting out an impressive amount of crits with your 2 kobold cards and your luk. Part of having fun in RO outside of building a successful character is turning heads. The agi bs build using ar turns heads about as much as the str build does. Not saying you need to make an agi build...decide that for yourself.

On a final note, here are final equips to shoot for:

Battle:

Head: sakkat or ghost band or bone helm
Head lower: Welding mask
Body: slotted chain mail with theif bug card or steel chon card
Garment: Mocking manateu
Shield: buckler of athena...for sohees a buckler with a khalitzburg card would rock, but very hard to get.
Shoes: boots with male theif bug card, matyr card, verit card, or eggy card...your choice.
Accessories: 2 slotted brooches with kobold cards
Weapons: Set of elemental chains and carded chains...have fun, the sky's the limit.

Level up your equips with elunium as soon as you can.

Forging:

Head: Apple o Archer or bunny band
body: slotted armor with rocker card
Accessories: 2 slotted gloves with zerom cards
Weapon: quad dex (drops card) (or quad luk) weapon.
Other things...do the best you can.

Posted: April 4th, 2004, 8:37 am

Tault_Tault Community

Total Posts: 10213
Tault_Tault Community's Reps: 16
Active User > 50 Posts
premium
can i have permission to use your guide in my site...
im realy lazy to make one and i really like the sense in your guide

this is my site..

www.freewebs.com/mordaefean

if you dont it ok... thanks

Posted: April 26th, 2004, 10:03 pm

Tault_Tault Community

Active User > 50 Posts
premium
Can you please arrange your where to level up as a merchant part? I really need it. THANKS!!

Posted: April 28th, 2004, 2:35 pm

Tault_Tault Community

Active User > 50 Posts
premium
You can use kafra storage to transfer items between characters, each time it costs 50 zenny to access your storage so beware.

Posted: June 24th, 2006, 8:41 pm

miotic
miotic's Reps:
wow so this the secret in forging. and over upgrading.

Posted: September 10th, 2006, 10:24 am

jerrison
jerrison's Reps:
nice guide thanks XD

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online