blue large dot

Thief/ASsasin Guide : RO Discussion

Posted: March 14th, 2004, 6:37 pm

Tault_Tault Community

Total Posts: 10213
Tault_Tault Community's Reps: 16
Active User > 50 Posts
premium
Ladies and Gentlemen, for the second time, I present to you the LUK-BASED critical build. This build focuses on getting 72 luk, allowing you to naturally crit atleast 50% of the time with katar-class weapons.

Do not be fooled, as this build WILL cost you some cash to be decent (doesn't everyone?), but using such a high amount of luck will allow you to pick up even a jamadhar and crit like mad, so it can be quite a bit more cost-effective.

This build also has sizeable amount of dexterity, as since the focus is on achieving a 50% natural critical rate, you don't want to MISS the other half of the time. It also gives you bonuses to atk speed, so it's worthwhile to invest a bit in.

Starting Stats:

9 str
9 agi
9 dex
1 - everything else.

Ideal Ending stats:

Vanilla version: New Str-optimized version

STR 54+6 62+6+8
AGI 90+10 90+10
VIT 1+2 1+2
INT 1+4 1+4
DEX 42+8 32+8
LUK 72 72

This version deals hilariously high damage which carded and elemental jurs, and crits atleast half the time, which can be boosted to 70% with clips of counter. The total of 50 dex gives you 2 atk speed bonuses, which make up for the lack of maxxed agi.

Agility-Fiend Version: Str-optimized version

STR 44+6 54+6
AGI 99+10 99+10
Vit 1+2 1+2
INT 1+4 1+4
DEX 32+8 22+8
LUK 75 72

I'm not much of a fan of 99 agi, as it is quite noticeable how much those 9 points detract from other stats (1/10 of your status points, about). The spare points are spent in 2% more critical chance, by boosting luk to 75.

The Cross Semi-hybrid version: New, str-optimized version:

STR 42+6+2 62+6+2
AGI 90+10 82+10
VIT 38+2 38+2
INT 1+4 or 7+4 4+4
DEX 32+8 22+6+2
LUK 72 or 73 72

This build was created to work with the new regeneration system that later versions of RO have, where vit greatly increases the amount of hp you recieve every 10 seconds (5 sitting). Stats are mostly like the Agi-Fiend version, yet are spent more wisely. Currently being tested, and performing exceedingly well. The stat-build takes advantage of counterclips in consideration for strength, which is a rather economical decision.

Ideal weaponry:
Full set of the Five Elemental katars, triple bloody jur, triple envenom jur, triple beholder jur, triple bloody jur or infiltrator.

Ideal Armor:
Defense - Chainmail of Heman
Agi - Speedy Thiefclothes

Ideal Cape:
Mocking Manteau
OR
Bapho Jr. Manteau

Ideal Boots:
Boots of Hermes
OR
Green Boots

Ideal Accessories:
Clips of Counter
or
Rosaries of Counter
or
Counter Clip+Skill clip

Ideal headgear:
Any high-defense headgear, such as Orc helm, Goggles, Munak hat, etc.

Tell me what you think, and any suggestions to improve the build. Feel free to post any modifications you're currently using, or are considering on using in the future.

And I hope to get Premium membership for my first guide on these forums...I've had other ones on others.

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online