taultunleashed logoConnecting to launcher update server error after maintenance : RFO Discussion
newtopic  postreply
 [ 1 post ] 
blue large dot

Connecting to launcher update server error after maintenance : RFO Discussion

Posted: December 13th, 2007, 11:57 pm

rarawasstoled
rarawasstoled's Reps:
I have been getting this problem since yesterday's maintenance that was last extended to 14 15hrs GMT on 13 Dec 2007. It is now around 07 45hrs GMT 14 Dec 2007 so the maintenance should have ended more than half a day ago.

However, when I start the rf.exe file, a pop up with the sentence "Connecting to launcher update server" appears and after 10-15 seconds, it goes away while nothing else happens.

I've tried since yesterday to access the official RF forums to look for troubleshooting but I can't even connect to their forums. I am able to get into the main site itself just fine, however, should I click on the forums or support site, what I'm given is

"The connection has timed out

The server at community.codemasters.com is taking too long to respond.

* The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few moments.

* If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network
connection.

* If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.
"

I am rather sure it is not my firewall as I've been tweaking around with it and have never had to deal with this issue until yesterday's maintenance.
I am using mozilla firefox and norton antivirus 2007's internet worm protection as my firewall if it matters/helps the troubleshooting.

Thanks for listening, Im hoping someone knows how to help me on this and will really appreciate it.

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online