taultunleashed logoMAU Emotes : RFO Submissions
newtopic  postreply
 [ 5 posts ] 
blue large dot

MAU Emotes : RFO Submissions

Posted: January 1st, 2008, 6:09 pm

iheartmau
iheartmau's Reps:
Hello everybody. Just decided to share something I've found while playing a driver in RF online.

The requirements to do this are:
-A MAU (Massive Armored Unit) Both the Catapult MAU, and the Goliath MAU work fine
-A bit of timing

In this guide this is what we'll be trying to do:

(!empty($user->lang['IMAGE'])) ? $user->lang['IMAGE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'IMAGE')))
This is my Goliath MAU doing the "Cheer" emote

Step 1:

Put the emotes you would like to do in a shortcut bar. Your emotes can be reached by pressing the "C" button and clicking on the square button at the top with the arrow on it. Try out some of the emotes by right clicking them.

(!empty($user->lang['IMAGE'])) ? $user->lang['IMAGE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'IMAGE')))
This is the emote window

Now open up a new shortcut bar by hitting the tab key to cycle through your current shortcut bars. Once you reach one that is empty, go to your emotes and either drag them into the shortcut bar, or SHIFT+ALT+Click on them to put them into the bar.

Step 2:

Now we're going to bring out our MAU and get ready to do the emotes. To bring out your MAU you'll need to go into your inventory by hitting the "I" key. You then right click on one of your MAU keys in your Inventory and hit OK to the message that comes up.

Right click one of these keys

Your MAU should now be by you. CTRL+Click the MAU and click the option that says: "Board MAU". You should now be inside your MAU. Now simply get out by clicking on the eject button on the right hand side of your MAU ammo bar. This will get you placed correctly.

*KEY POINT*
Make sure your weapon is out by clicking the button with the two swords on it on the left hand side of your main toolbar. If you do not do this then this will NOT work.

Step 3:

Now we finally get to do the emotes! This part takes a small bit of timing. First you need to CTRL+Click your MAU, but do not enter it yet! With the small menu brought up, click the button that corresponds with the emote you would like to do. After you've hit the button click the "Board MAU" option on the small menu to enter the MAU whilst doing the emote. This will trick the game into making yourself do the emote INSIDE the MAU.

Thats it! It works with every emote, excluding sit, stand, and cry.

Have fun showing off to your friends with this trick!

Thanks for reading all of that guys, I know it's quite a bit for such a simple trick, but I wanted it to be as in-depth as possible. I've done it with both my level 30 Catapult MAU, and my level 30 Goliath MAU. I've also shown it to a BMAU driver, and he was able to do it in the level 40 Catapult BMAU.

Time for the /Yays, or /Nays to come in, have fun!

IHeartMAU :mrgreen:

Posted: January 3rd, 2008, 4:47 pm

Tault_admin

Total Posts: 29974
Tault_admin's Reps: 1444
administrator
Mod in Training
Can members say yay or nay to this being moved to a confirmed section.

Posted: January 27th, 2008, 8:30 pm

xenogears321
xenogears321's Reps:
Even though I've known about this for a while, I would consider this a yay since it does work, but it's just for fun you don't get a tatical advantage ingame... can we call it half a yay? like 1 week of time XD

garr.... I just payed the subscription off the bat :evil:

I should have posted this first :lol:

Your choice boss, I'm new here, so I don't know whats considered premium worth.

Posted: January 29th, 2008, 10:05 am

Tault_admin

Total Posts: 29974
Tault_admin's Reps: 1444
administrator
Mod in Training
Well we need one more yay to move this to confirmed :)

Posted: March 11th, 2008, 6:41 pm

hokay
hokay's Reps:
Nay, Basically explained how to use a MAU. I think playing it in game is self explanatory.

Not that exciting personally :? .

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online