newtopic  postreply
 [ 4 posts ] 
blue large dot

speed hack (yay plz) : RFO Submissions

Posted: April 3rd, 2008, 6:19 pm

craterball
craterball's Reps:
this is not mine all credits go to edtexodus all but yay wouldent harm lol

It's amazingly easy to do, and nowadays memory editors like UCE and Cheat Engine make it possible even for people without any knowledge about programing/process hooking/memory editing. You don't even have to bypass the client update or alter game files, just make sure no one notices you outrunning archons. The maximum speed is as fast as a jetpack i think, the server lag-slows you down on a value above 4 or something (That would be like GM Speed, Wind wep and archon speed buff i think, it's pretty fast at least and enough to outrun any mob).

Till like two weeks ago (before i discovered those godsend proggies like UCE and Cheat Engine) i made my own program using a process hook and ReadProcessMemory going thru the whole chunk of the RF_Online.bin process memory to find the changed values, but it works just the same with Cheat Engine. And with a lot less work for that matter.

Now let's get to the fun part, the actual "hack". It's not realy a hack, but people don't know the difference nowadays, anyways.

First step is to get Cheat Engine or whatever other attachable Memory Editor you prefer. Not giving links here, i assume you are able to use google to find Cheat Engine at least.

Second step is hooking the RF_Online.bin process with the memory editor. If you don't know how to do it, rtfm of ur memory editor.

Without any knowledge you would use "Search for unknown initial value", assuming that ur movement speed is some value above zero even without wind wep/ranger armor/any speed buffs, since you move at some speed. Since i did some research already, i can spare you that part and reveal that the value we are looking for is indeed zero without any speed modifier on ur character. So you can look for "Exact Value" and the value is, of course, 0. THIS IS ONLY THE CASE WHEN YOU GOT NO WIND WEP OR SPEED BUFF OR RANGER ARMOR APPLIED. If u can't find the right value whatsoever, start with unknown initial value. Will take a little longer, but you are granted to find it even when u ignore the caps sentence. The Variable type we need to find is a Float btw (note the ranger armor and wind weps say smth like "x.xx increase. 1f movement speed increase". The Description is fcked up obviously, but both the "x.xx" and the f in "1f" indicate that it's gotta be a float or a double. And since the values are pretty low, float is likely the way to go).

Now repeat the following part till you got one single address left. Equip a wind wep and do a next search for "Increased value by...." and the value is 1 or 1.0 (that's the value a wind wep adds). Remove the wep again and search for "Decreased value by..." with the value 1 again. You can do that with ranger armor parts, too, just make sure you search for the correct changed value (i.e. 0.23 for a lvl 30+ ranger armor upper). Move around some and don't change the equipment, search for "Unchanged value" and so on. You should get the point by now (oh noes, i assume common sense). Search around changing the equipment and looking for the correct changed values till you got óne (in the best case) or a small bunch of addresses left. Look for a value between 0 and 3, dependand on what speed moding equip or buffs you have on. That should pretty much be the speed value then.

Now you can save the table, freeze the value to something like 4 and enjoy outrunning jetpacks (didn't try it, but should be possible, since temps can do it). The above procedure should work for all RF versions and private servers, you just can't use the same table on different versions. After a client update, which happens once every blue moon, you probably gotta do the whole thing again, cause the memory allocations changed. This memory patch will work till they change the speed to be a server side value. Enjoy.

Posted: April 5th, 2008, 2:31 pm

Tault_admin

Total Posts: 29974
Tault_admin's Reps: 1444
administrator
Mod in Training
Can members say yay or nay to this being moved to a confirmed section.

Posted: April 9th, 2008, 5:37 am

thibhas

Total Posts: 2
thibhas's Reps: 0

Posted: April 9th, 2008, 7:57 am

kagami
kagami's Reps:
Nay because the creator of the thread stated that this came from another person.

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online