newtopic  postreply
 [ 2 posts ] 
blue large dot

Alchemy Guide : SR Submissions

Posted: June 29th, 2006, 5:49 pm

penguinsnipe

Total Posts: 48
penguinsnipe's Reps: 0
ok this is long but so is the process of alchemy so it is necessary to cover all the details.

~Alchemy~

1. monsters drop weird items in large bags that can be turned into elements. To do this

a. buy void rondos from the grocer in any town for 20 gold each [I would start with at least 100]

b. make sure you have a lot of open slots in your inventory before making elements [each item can take up to 4 slots in your inventory and you can place up to 8 items at a time, usually this requires 8-12 free slots in the inventory]

c. press Y to bring up the alchemy window

d. on the 1st tab there will be a slot on the left with 8 slots to the right, place the stack of void rondos in the slot on the left and the items [up to 8 different kinds] in the slots on the right.

e. press fuse all and wait as the counter on the bottom of the alchemy window goes to 0/0

f. you should now have a bunch of elements of 4 classes [earth, wind, water, and fire] and most likely of varying levels. Since you will need a lot of elements to make stones it is best to store them in a page of your storage room until you have gathered enough to make a stone, or if you like you can always sell them in a stall.

2. You can destroy your items [weapons, armor, accessories] to make elements, to do this

a. Buy destroyer rondos from the grocer in any town for 400 gold each, how many you buy is up to you but get at least 25-50 if you eant to disjoint more than one item.

b. press Y to open the alchemy window

c. Using the 1st tab in the same manner as you did with the void rondos and monster items, place the stack of destroyer rondos in the slot on the left and the item[s] to be destroyed on the right.

d. press fuse and wait for your elements to fill your inventory.

e. store or sell the elements.

3. Monsters drop Tablets which can be combined with elements to make alchemy stones and potions [drug of breeze, wind, typhoon] When you click on the tablet its information will be displayed. It will tell you what the stone/potion it creates does, what type of item the stone is used for [weapon, shield, armor, accessory etc.] and also what degree/ level of item.It also will tell you how many elements of each type and level you will need to fuse with it in order to create the stone or potion. To make a stone or potion using the tablets do this

a. press Y to bring up the alchemy window and go to the 1st tab again

b. place the tablet in the slot on the left and the required number of each type of element in the 4 open slots on the right

c. press fuse and you will now have your new alchemy stone or potion which you can store for later, sell in a stall for a decent price or use on the object item of choice.

4. Alchemy stones and elixirs are used to place enchantments on your item that change or add special attributes to it. There is always a chance of the alchemy of enhancement failing and be advised that if it fails you may in some cases break your weapon, remove any enhancements that already existed, or reset its statistics to 0. Elixirs have a high fail rate going past plus 3 and stones have a chance of changing attributes other than the one they are intended or for lowering the attribute you use it for [such as a block rate stone may make a shield with a block rate of 15 into one with a block rate of 10] to so be careful. to use a stone or elixir you need to do the following

a. press Y and bring up the alchemy window, go to the 2nd tab this time and place the item you wish to change in the slot on the left and the stone or elixir of the MATCHING LEVEL/DEGREE AND TYPE in the slot on the right [ you can purchase lucky powder of the same degree as the item you wish to enhance to use with elixirs from the grocer, but they CAN NOT be used with stones] If you have a lucky powder to use place it in the slot after the elixir.

b. press fuse and pray to buddha that you alchemy does not fail

c. enjoy your newly magical item or curse SRO and swear never to waste your time and money on that non sense again and vow to sell every single alchemy item you find from now on.

"Premium if possible"

Posted: July 24th, 2006, 9:43 am

ophidian

Total Posts: 282
ophidian's Reps: 13
Lifetime Member (Guides)
premium
You know we need an alchemy guide, a good one. The English translation in the game is horrible. I was going to compile one myself and submit it but considdering you need premium and I don't perhaps you could do it.

I will provide some basic guidelines that might help you get your premium and help us all out too.

- Format your guide well. There are plenty of formatting tags you can use like font sizes and colors. Don't overdue it but use them to keep it as readable as possible.

- There are a ton of Alchemy/Item stuff that is currently unknown or not provided on the site. There is tidbits in various guides. Go through guides on this and other sites and add credits at the bottom for who you borrowed information from. Its not really plagiarism if you state you borrowed some info and you credit the people properly.

- In the above I mentioned tidbits of info. Those tidbits would be stuff like Lucky/Immortal/other item flags. Also the things that boggled me for the longest were the "Seal of Star" items. I know they are expensive as hell and I had to search a lot to find an English description. Some information on those items and how to acquire them would help.

Just make it comprehensive and readable. Sometimes that requires a bit of layout magic but Im sure if you want premium status you can nail it.

Tault_Admin/Moderator : What do you think? Are my guidelines correct? Im supposed to be a guide guru so.. Those are general guidelines I use. If he doesn't decide to post one I will compile one out of the kindness of my heart. =)

Ophidian

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online