taultunleashed logoBeginners Guide to Trading : SR Submissions
newtopic  postreply
 [ 2 posts ] 
blue large dot

Beginners Guide to Trading : SR Submissions

Posted: September 2nd, 2007, 1:06 pm

gecko_lakshmi
gecko_lakshmi's Reps:
I did not see any Trader guides in the 'Guide' section of the forum so I thought I write one up myself.

Trading at first can be confusing. Theres no very good explanation in the game as to how it works. So I will cover the basics to help you get started in trading and start making some money.

Step-by-Step Guide.
1. Get to Level 20. You can not become a trader unless you are Level 20 so that's the first thing that you need to get done.

2. Build up your rage bar outside of town. This might save you while you transport.

3. Upon reaching Level 20, go to a city and speak to the Merchant Associate there. Buy the Job Event item they are selling and equip it.

4. Go to the Stables and purchase a Transport mount. I suggest starting with a horse since it is slightly faster than the camel and you don't need all those slots if you're new to trading. Also, buy some potions to make sure your Transport doesn't die.

5. Mount your Transport and purchase goods from the Special Trader on the 1 Star Scale. 1 Star difficulty means that player thieves can not attack you.

6. Your goal now is to reach another city with your goods and sell them for profit. Depending on if you started as a Chinese or European character, the routes will differ. By level 20 you should know where the next closest city is and if not check your map. On the way to your destination you will be attacked by NPC Thieves that will try to kill you. When you reach the next city you will be able to sell your goods to the Specialty Dealer there for a profit.

I'll leave the fun and excitement of discovering more details about trading up to you on your adventures. Hopefully this guide will help some people out new to SRO. I know this guide would've been enough to save me from some confusion if it was available to me. Good luck on your adventures!

(Please vote me for a Prem! If there's anything I can change or add to the guide to help build on it then let me know and I will add to the guide. I just hope this resource is useful to others here in our community.)

EDIT: Um... so no one is voting at all. What happens? Do I just need to wait?

Last edited by Guest on September 7th, 2007, 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: September 4th, 2007, 4:25 pm

Tault_admin

Total Posts: 29974
Tault_admin's Reps: 1444
administrator
Mod in Training
Can members say yay or nay to this being moved to a confirmed section.

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online