taultunleashed logoFire Mage and Healer Build : SR Submissions
newtopic  postreply
 [ 1 post ] 
blue large dot

Fire Mage and Healer Build : SR Submissions

Posted: July 28th, 2006, 5:28 am

ecvecvecv
ecvecvecv's Reps:
After getting my butt pwned by Earth Taoist for a while it made me consider the potential of a Fire mage build. I mean it’s weird that the fire skill tree has the strongest nuke and then magic defense, physical increase plus a shield effect skill to help out STR builds. Then I thought maybe this is what all this sp farming is about and the fact that there is a 300 mastery limit. It might have been intended to get your own unique build you would have to take some skills from certain skill trees, like a few from each.

So I propose a Fire build which I just wanted to get off my chest and I’m going to throw in my healer build the finished version as well. Now this is the last of my builds (I seem to go 2 at a time). All answer all the questions and take all the flames and of course again I am taking no credit (I could care) someone probably already talked about this and is using it as we speak just not letting people know. Plus I know some people have talked about these builds in the forums and some of my posts. For a link to my previous guide on build's
Ok now enough with all the technicalities let’s get on with the goods.

The Fire Build
The powerful mage/nuker who gives more then he takes (so to speak). A high damage long range killer with support when it comes to close range and defensive skills to ease damage.

Build Name:
Satan, Hell’s Demon or The Great Torch

Stats:
Pure MEN or Hybrid MEN 2:1 (I.e. every lvl 2 for men and 1 for STR)
(A hybrid w/ Str seems applicable due to the fire skill tree)

Gear:
Weapon – Spear (could go Sword+Shield)
Clothes – Garment (I think in certain events moving to Protector would be fine)

Skills:

The focus here is Fire with a sub focus in the light skill tree since w/out that you’d probably suffer.

Fire mastery
Fire Force – Max the whole Series
(This would be the main skill and it will be used and abused)

Fire Protection – Max this whole series
(a buff that stacks with your build is always nice and if your hybrid you’ll need this)

Flame Wave – Max the whole series
(This is the main skill that really makes you a fire build it is the strongest nuke in the game)

If you went hybrid I would suggest just adding all the physical skills as well: Flame Body and Flame Devil Force.

Light Mastery

Piercing Force – Max the whole series
(This is your main buff, which you can’t do without at high levels)

Grass Walk – Max the whole series
(You don’t want anyone having a chance of getting close to you)

Concentration – Max the whole series
(Increase in parry so if they even get a chance to touch you it won’t hurt as much)

Heaven’s Force – Max

Parry Ratio – lvl10: 9, lvl20: 13, lvl30: 17, lvl40: 21

(A passive skill that only stacks with the Concentration buff)

Heuskal

The first two skills Soul spear and Ghost spear very in effect, but come as decision on how you want to build this character. Do you want AOE with a knock back or do you want stun with a hard hit?

* [Optional] Soul Spear – Max the whole series
(A basic attack when you get in close hard hit and a chance to stun)

*[Optional] Ghost Spear - Max this whole series
(A knock back skill in the second book at lvl 41 and an area of effect, AOE)

Flying Dragon – Max the whole series
(This and your fire nuke with fire imbue [fire force] being used gives you two strong long range nukes)

Cheolsam Force – Max

Extra Hp – lvl10: 102, lvl20: 197, lvl30: 329, lvl40: 509

(Extra Hp is a necessity as pure Men and a bonus if a hybrid)

As a fire mage/nuker you won’t want to focus on too many physical skills just ones to assist in nuking.

Comments:
With this build as pure Mentality (MEN) you get extra defense in magic and high parry to take in the low damage considering you won’t have any ice for extra defense (we don’t need ice). This build is all about the speed and power of the kill and taking the least damage with the ability to take a few hits, which is where Cheolsam, Concentration, and Heaven’s Force come in. With your physical skills the line up for a combo is as follows: Fire Imbue Flying Dragon then Flame Wave, then Stun for a finish or you could have Ghost Spear which gives the bonus of AOE if your being mobbed and just imbue again for a finish. This is of course just one choice for a good combo vs. a very strong enemy (they’ll probably die from the first nuke + 1 hit). Only thing bad about this build is that you have no aoe (Area of effect), your all about the 1 hit kill versus some strong monster, but don’t think of it as a weakness.

Overall Effectiveness:

High magic Defense

Strong two nuke combo

Strongest Nuke

Low damage intake

Strong killer

Speed to get out of sticky situations

Job Preference:
Its best if you are pure Mentality so always stay in a group during a job, either Hunter or thief would work, but I’d suggest Hunter since you don’t have any AOE too get the upper hand and you’d be good with taking out a thief squad if you we’re protected. A thief would be my second choice since you could always kill the Traders transportaion quickly, just be weary of a Hunter rush. I wouldn’t suggest going Trader, for the fact that you won’ get in any of the action, heh.

The Healer Build
This is the healer, the pure talking and walking flesh of sanctuary. Just don’t be fooled be the heals, this build can pack a punch with the cold series to freeze you in your tracks and the bow’s hawk to crush you. Of course if you get through all that I doubt you’ll do much damage especially with crystal wall in effect.

(Credit to DSX for help with this build)

Build Name:
Saint, Messiah, or The Pure Cold Heart

Stats: Pure MEN (I wouldn’t suggest hybrid for this build)

Gear:
Weapon – Bow (You can go Sword + Shield if you want to be a Holy Knight)
Clothes – Garment (Armor for some situations)

Skills:
Force Mastery

Heal – Max the whole series
(This is what makes you the savior and self heal is really unnecessary when you have this)

Soul Rebirth – Max the whole series
(Healer build is just not complete without the ability to resurrect)

Harmony Therapy – Max the whole series
(You’ll want this maxed for your parties or anything with a group and always helps when soloing)

Vital Spot muscle – Max the whole series
(Now this is where we get to skills that are more offensive to the monster and will help out a lot, as well as vital spirit in making the monster weaker)

Force Increasing – Max

Extra Mp – lvl10: 102, lvl20: 197, lvl30: 329, lvl40: 509

(As a pure Men character you’ll still want this maxed, it only helps)

Ice Mastery

Ice River Force – Max the whole series
(This is your main skill for fighting)

Weak Guard – Max the whole series
(More defense? Yes please)

Crystal Wall – Max the whole series
(With high MP, using crystal wall will take a while before you die)

Frost Nova Wind – Max the whole series
(For sticky situations)

Cold Armor – Max the whole series
(Can you say, more DEF please?)

Pacheon Mastery

Anti Devil bow – Max the whole series
(Good to have as a basic skill to go with your imbue)

Black Hawk Summon – Max just this book
(You’ll want this as a sidekick for extra power)

*[Optional] Strong Bow – Max the whole series
(I’d say get it if you have the sp, you not going to have a strong attack with this compared to others, but it’s still nice to have)

Mind Concentration – Max the whole series

Attack Ratio – lvl10: 9, lvl20: 13, lvl30: 17, lvl40: 21

(It’s nice to get the extra attack)

As a healer you’ll still want some good attacks and with this skill list you can probably already think of the combo.

Comments:
What you get here is similar to the fire build in how you get good support in both defense and offense. You’ll have the full support anyone would want and a good freeze to stop things in your way, but if it fails you always have crystal wall for protection. I could see this build similar to the fire build; you would be in a distance always on the supportive healing, nuking (Strong bow), freezing and decreasing people’s stats. When it came to offensive you have plenty of your cold imbue + devil bow combo, which would have a good chance of slowing them down, plus your bird would come in for an extra hit. If they ever reached you, the crystal wall would stall them.

Overall Effectiveness:

# 1 Healer/Support

Good in groups

Strong defensive

Strong MEN good on magic defense and hardly run out of mp

Nice simple combo for slowing and killing the enemy

Job Preference:

I would suggest any job would want you, but as a trader if you wore Armor for the trade runs you would be highly useful in keeping your team alive as well as yourself.

Hope you enjoyed these builds, I tried to be clearer on my second try when doing this and I know I am just begging to be flamed with these builds, people always put down and aside. I like to go for something new and different, so any comments on this build or questions are helpful.

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online