blue large dot

The Old Republic Early Access Explained In Depth : Site News

Posted: November 5th, 2011, 8:19 am

Tault_admin

Total Posts: 29974
Tault_admin's Reps: 1444
administrator
Mod in Training
(!empty($user->lang['IMAGE'])) ? $user->lang['IMAGE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'IMAGE')))

So if you happened to pre order Star Wars The Old Republic then you are in luck for the extra early access that is now set to start December 15.

Bioware has announced that they are going to give players early access staggered over five days to start enjoying the game. The part that worries me is the working staggered. Does that mean they it will be fully available all 5 days? Does it mean they are going to allow players in with waves? Or are they only going to have a few times per day that players can start pre playing the game? The do say its dependent on when you redeem your pre order code for your early access to the game. So my assumption is they are going to be allowing players in waves.

Posted: November 6th, 2011, 6:22 pm

Spitt

Total Posts: 745
Spitt's Reps: 718
premium
Thenks for the update. I just pre-ordered and applied the code. Hoping to be able to offer powerleveling services within the first few days of the game being released.

Posted: November 7th, 2011, 8:54 am

Tault_admin

administrator
Mod in Training
Yea this game is going to be big in terms of user numbers. While i think Guild Wars 2 is going to be the next big MMO SWTOR will be a great game to tie me over until its release.

Posted: November 7th, 2011, 9:30 am

Spitt

Total Posts: 745
Spitt's Reps: 718
premium
re: GW2... depends on the structure of the payments. If it stays in the same structure ie Buy the game, and play for free, then it will be mostly kiddies playing, thus keeping older gamers (who have more money) out of the game. Thats why WoW is still so successful in part, because you can't be a kiddie and play the game. Your parents aren't going to pay for the game AND 5 years of play time. Parents want their kiddies to play a game which is cheap ie F2P or a similar model, where they pay once.

While WoW is huge, if you take into account F2P games, it might surprise you how successful some of the other games are, in terms of sheer numbers.

Posted: November 7th, 2011, 10:38 am

Tault_admin

administrator
Mod in Training
Have you seen GW2? That game is going to be amazing. I think GW1 was decent, but it had nothing like the amount of things that will be in Guild Wars 2.

When it comes to just how much fun a game is that will draw more people in too i believe. As long as GW2 does a great end game it will easily be a giant game.

You also have to account for the fact with SWTOR its ALOT like WOW. So many wow players will not want to switch over just because its a "been there done that" mentality.

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online