blue large dot

Thousands of SWTOR Pre Orders Canceled : Site News

Posted: December 5th, 2011, 11:21 am

Tault_admin

Total Posts: 29974
Tault_admin's Reps: 1444
administrator
Mod in Training
(!empty($user->lang['IMAGE'])) ? $user->lang['IMAGE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'IMAGE')))

There has been a giant disturbance in the force today. First of all over in the UK GAME distributor has announced it is the sole distributor for collectors editions for SWTOR. This has caused multiple retailers that where taking pre orders because they assumed SWTOR collectors editions would be coming down the pipeline, to cancel pre orders for players that did join to get into the early beta. However thats not even the worst of this whole fiasco.

Walmart for some reason has canceled almost all the pre orders for star wars the old republic collector's editions. Walmart when asked about this situation stated it was a simple data error that they are trying to fix, but it seems like more might be to this story. There have been rumors that when the UK dealer GAME announced that they would be the only collectors edition holder, walmart had to cancel all pre orders in the UK. The problem is walmart canceled all pre orders world wide instead. So now thousands if not hundreds of thousands of players that joined the pre order band wagon to play early, will no longer be able too.

If you pre ordered swtor via walmart you may want to hurry up to another local retailer to see if you can pre order it from them.

Source - http://stickskills.com/2011/12/04/walma ... -repbulic/

Posted: December 6th, 2011, 10:46 am

vinnyboy32

Total Posts: 1872
vinnyboy32's Reps: 3
Active User > 50 Posts
premium
Here is an update on it. Apparently everything was worked out:

"Everyone, my apologies for not closing this out yesterday, but here's our final update. The good news is - it's all going to work out!

As many of you now realize, Walmart had a system error which caused the status of pre-orders for The Old Republic to change to 'cancelled'. The good news is, those orders were in fact not cancelled, but of course, that didn't help everyone's confusion.

In case you have not seen the email Walmart sent to affected customers, here's the text:

(!empty($user->lang['QUOTE'])) ? $user->lang['QUOTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'QUOTE'))):
Thank you for your recent Walmart.com order(s).

In checking your My Account order history for the order(s) below, you may have noticed that one or more items show a status of cancelled but you did not receive a cancellation email for this item(s). Please disregard the status as it is an error. (If you received a cancellation email for an item, then that item has in fact been cancelled.)

The incorrect cancelled status on your My Account was caused by a system issue that has since been resolved and your item(s) are currently processing and will ship as expected. You will receive a ship confirmation with a tracking number for these items in the next few days and the status on your My Account page will be updated to shipped.

We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused, and wanted to assure you that your products are in fact being shipped.
If you have any further issues, please contact Walmart Customer Service. Be patient and polite and I'm sure you'll get your issues resolved.

We are always willing to try and help resolve issues with retailers and will investigate where large scale issues seem to be appearing, but please bear in mind that generally speaking, in the first instance, please do talk to your retailer if you have problems. Thank you!

This thread was started to discuss issues with those who pre-ordered via Walmart, and as that main problem has now been resolved, I'm going to close the thread. We have no need to discuss people's retailer preferences."

Posted: December 6th, 2011, 11:03 am

Tault_admin

Total Posts: 29974
Tault_admin's Reps: 1444
administrator
Mod in Training
O well thats good they fixed it. To have that many people loose their pre orders was going to be horrible. Good move walmart.

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online