blue large dot

Whats Your Poison This Weekend? : Site News

Posted: November 13th, 2011, 7:50 am

Tault_admin

Total Posts: 29974
Tault_admin's Reps: 1444
administrator
Mod in Training
(!empty($user->lang['IMAGE'])) ? $user->lang['IMAGE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'IMAGE')))

There have been a bunch of new games released this past week so what is everyone playing here? Here is a quick run down of all the great games that came out this weekend. Yes I know they are not all MMOs but if its a great rpg or heavily online game, then it deserves a note here.

Skyrim - This game is for everyone that loves exploring. While the combat is not as tight as other live actions rpgs (mainly due to no auto lock), the game is still by far one of the best looking games out there. If you love to explore and do epic quests, this is the game for you.

Skyward Sword - If you live in japan or have a modded nintendo wii then you will for sure be playing this game. It has been called the best zelda game ever by multiple publications. You think sykrim has a high meta critic score? Check out zelda and its near 100 scoring it has already gathered. This game officially comes out next week.

SWTOR Beta - Bioware just released a brand new beta round for this weekend. If you loved star wars galaxies and enjoy world of warcraft this is your game. It has all the things that made WOW great with tons of added additions. Best of all since the game is by bioware you are assured to have an amazing story to the game. The official release is December 22nd which cant come soon enough.

FFXIV - This game has been out for awhile but with all the great patches they have released its an amazing game. You need to give it another chance if you havent yet.

Posted: November 13th, 2011, 8:30 am

hardsell

Total Posts: 703
hardsell's Reps: 1487
premium
the swtor beta emails were for one of two upcoming beta events

from their faq page:

Next Beta Testing Weekend - FAQ | 11.11.2011 , 01:15 PM

Does this announcement mean I can play Star Wars: The Old Republic this weekend (November 11th to 13th)?

No it does not, unless you have a previous testing invite - either to this weekend (November 11th to 13th) or to general Game Testing (ongoing). The Beta Testing Weekend we are referring to will happen within the next few weeks.

When will the Beta Testing Weekend start?

It will happen in the next few weeks. We'll have an announcement on the exact timing closer to the weekend's start.

Will this be the final Beta Testing Weekend?

Currently, we expect it to be.

Will I be able to download the game client in advance of the weekend?

Yes, we will be sending out invites to download the game client in advance of the upcoming weekend.

I logged in to http://www.swtor.com/tester and there is no download link. Am I still invited to testing?

Yes. The page will change when you are able to download the game client, which will happen closer to the upcoming weekend's start.

I have previously tested Star Wars: The Old Republic. Will I get invited to the upcoming Beta Testing Weekend?

Yes, you will. Every person that is signed up and opted in for Game Testing before November 11th will be invited to the upcoming Beta Testing Weekend.

I have previously tested Star Wars: The Old Republic and already have the game client. Will I need to re-download the client for the upcoming Beta Testing Weekend?

Yes. The game client has changed substantially since earlier Game Testing phases, and you'll need to re-download it for the upcoming Testing Weekend. If you have been invited to the 11-13th of November Beta Testing Weekend, you will need to patch the game client for the upcoming Beta Testing Weekend.

Will I need to re-download the game client after the upcoming Beta Testing Weekend, or can I use it during Early Game Access?

You may have to re-download the game client. This will be confirmed after the upcoming Beta Testing Weekend.

What if I do not live in a launch country for Star Wars: The Old Republic?

As long as you are signed up and opted in for testing, you will be invited to test in the upcoming Beta Testing Weekend.

What if I have not signed up, or opted in for testing by November 11th?

We are partnering with a number of games media sites worldwide to give away Beta Test Weekend Codes. They are listed in this article. If you receive a code from any of these sites, you will need to sign up on StarWarsTheOldRepublic.com to redeem that code. Further instructions are listed in the post directly below this one.

Should I try and get a key from a media partner, just in case?

If you were already signed up for testing before November 11th, you do not need an additional key. By taking a key, you'll deny someone else a chance to test the game - so please do not apply for a key you will not need!

========

I'm waiting on my skyrim I got my per-order hope others are luckier and playing their skyrim which looks great but amazon uses prestige shipping in my area so IF i ever get my game I should consider myself luck, if its next week I guess I should be lucky again..

Posted: November 13th, 2011, 9:03 am

Tault_admin

Total Posts: 29974
Tault_admin's Reps: 1444
administrator
Mod in Training
O I thought this was their last beta before the game. I could of sworn i saw it on massively but my mistake then.

That sucks with your pre order not coming in. On a plus side, sometimes amazon will ship games early to you. Skyrim is pretty cool, but its downside is no stupid auto locking. Their argument is they want the combat to feel more fluid, but why then do spells lock on targets like fallout. If they just implemented a lock on system like zelda and dark souls this game would of been amazing. I have twice so far attacked a mob that was attacking NPCs and hit the NPCs by mistake as well. This then makes them attack you and forces you to load a save.

Posted: November 13th, 2011, 10:24 pm

hardsell

Total Posts: 703
hardsell's Reps: 1487
premium
various boards are complaining that the pc version is just a console version, mouse controls don't work very well

http://www.overclock.net/t/1165527/how- ... use-issues
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index ... 002AAgxFiP

I think I read that there is a patch out but will have to wait on product

plus the first two dlc's are for console players ticking off the pc buyers...

http://www.platformnation.com/2011/11/1 ... platforms/

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/08/26/skyri ... 360-first/

this is why I _usually_ wait for a goty version-> better $ value -> fixes already in place

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online