newtopic  postreply
 [ 20 posts ]  1, 2  Next
blue large dot

Anime Section : Site and Program Suggestions

Posted: March 20th, 2006, 10:39 pm

lilfisher

Total Posts: 6810
lilfisher's Reps: 63
well since it seems like my last suggestion wont fly because when people find something good they just randomly post it how about an anime discussion section? some anime gets turned into games although for consoles and they cant be exploited that way. Anime as most people know is HUGE and it would prob become a pretty active section because im guessing atleast half of the people here watch/watched anime at one time or another.

I would love to discuss anime on these forums because most other anime discussion areas are usually pretty slow. oh yeah is anyone else on these forums going to the anime expo in cali (AX http://www.anime-expo.org/). we could meet up there sporting some TU shirts. although most people wont know what it is it would be sort of fun. as soon as i find my debit card im going to be ordering my tags for the expo to be mailed to me (omg no more 3-4 hour line just to get your tags)

Posted: March 20th, 2006, 11:42 pm

picadude
picadude's Reps:
u got a job in anime or something ^^?

Posted: March 20th, 2006, 11:44 pm

lilfisher

nah i work at the home depot. the anime expo is i believe the biggest expo in the US on anime every year july first through fourth. 15th year now its been happening at the anaheim convention center near disneyland

Posted: March 20th, 2006, 11:45 pm

picadude
picadude's Reps:
What exactly are you getting out of this convention??? OR just doing it for the hell of it..

Posted: March 20th, 2006, 11:49 pm

lilfisher

go to it to watch anime(which plays the ENTIRE convention), go shoping around the stands for great deals on anime/toys/manga, discuss anime with other people, go to pannels with production people of certain animes, free stuff, find out whats coming our or advance looks.

if E3 was public why would people want to go to it? because its the bi***inest game convention in the USA. same thing with AX but in anime

Posted: March 20th, 2006, 11:51 pm

picadude
picadude's Reps:
I see, you talk bout the newest anime shows and games coming out and all. hmmmm looks fun speacily if ur in anime.. gosh hearing the word anime reminds me of hentai(eww)

Posted: March 20th, 2006, 11:56 pm

lilfisher

one of the things that sells there well is hentai <_<. but it is again a huge and fun thing to go to. i may have only been going to it for 2 years now(3rd this year) but it is extremely fun. last 2 years i didnt have a job so i only had 200ish to spend which sucked because i had to ration it across 4 days for food AND stuff for me and my little sis. this year i have about 1.5grand saved up for it so far but im going to try and hold myself back on buying stuff. its so close after my birthday hopefully i get a bunch of money to go buy more stuff (june 25th is my b-day)

Posted: March 21st, 2006, 12:00 am

picadude
picadude's Reps:
nice man for ur birthday. lol hentai sells most.. But wow u spending 1.5k tas allot man... What things are you going to try to buy???? Too bad im in Canada, or I wouldnt mind coming :) But for the hentai would set me back, those were for my child days :P

Posted: March 21st, 2006, 12:02 am

lilfisher

if you think 1.5 is a lot ive seen a few peope drop 10grand. highest i actually saw someone drop(i was bored so trailed him and nearly got kicked out xD) was about 30grand over 3 days.

Posted: March 21st, 2006, 12:04 am

picadude
picadude's Reps:
WTF?? wad da fuc can u spend 30G there.. like what exactly would cost so much, is there like auctions there or something.. dude ill talk to ya tommorow need to sleeep its getting late here... pce

Posted: March 21st, 2006, 12:07 am

lilfisher

sorta. pic cells (ONE frame and usually not of the full scene) can go anywhere from as low as 5 bucks to as high as 5grand depending on what anime, rarity, popularity, and so on. he bought a lot of small things here and there and a few cells including some from like gundam, salor moon and stuff.

Posted: March 21st, 2006, 12:10 am

picadude
picadude's Reps:
lilfisher (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
some from like gundam, salor moon and stuff.

AHahahha old stufff, I remeber i used to love those shows.. ok now im totally outta of here... People must be crazy to buy pre scenes and only part of it!bye

Posted: March 21st, 2006, 11:52 am

rabidsoccerball
rabidsoccerball's Reps:
The only Anime I've read is Naruto which is pretty good.

Posted: March 21st, 2006, 6:08 pm

lilfisher

yeah naruto is pretty good and immensly popular the last year or so. only thing i hate about the long popular animes is that they add morals into the eps completly killing it

Posted: March 21st, 2006, 6:48 pm

rabidsoccerball
rabidsoccerball's Reps:
Haha naruto has morals in it? I don't remember seeing many.

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online