blue large dot

Favorite Race? : Starcraft 2 General Discussions

Posted: July 27th, 2010, 8:51 am

dragonaged

Total Posts: 64
dragonaged's Reps: 4
Active User > 50 Posts
premium
Hey everyone new member here. Whats your favorite race in the game? I am still a protoss person, but the single player is making me like terran more and more.

Posted: August 1st, 2010, 6:06 pm

enjoiii

Total Posts: 5
enjoiii's Reps: 0
:D favorite race is zerg, i like how quick they are and they dominate

Posted: August 4th, 2010, 10:22 pm

Tault_admin

Total Posts: 29974
Tault_admin's Reps: 1444
administrator
Mod in Training
I dont know about that one. The terran can counter most of the zerg. If anything the erg is way under powered now. They do have roaches which are pretty bad !@#$%^&*, but nothing else really helps.

Posted: August 9th, 2010, 2:11 am

imthepimp

Total Posts: 175
imthepimp's Reps: 8
Tault_admin (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
I dont know about that one. The terran can counter most of the zerg. If anything the erg is way under powered now. They do have roaches which are pretty bad !@#$%^&*, but nothing else really helps.

Yeah, the zerg is pretty powered up.. some people are little bit on the rushing side with zerglings. Always try it, never seems to work for me. So my favorite is protoss and then Terran. Protoss are fun, and seem to be easier to run and micromanage. Once you build up rays and carriers, then cloak them with mothership, its total rape haha. Getting to that point can be a pain though when you have people that rush with zerglings or even as Terrans with the reapers...

Posted: August 9th, 2010, 4:15 pm

Tault_admin

administrator
Mod in Training
Yea but i think the zerg in late game are just to weak. As for protoss i think terran battlecruisers can stack up against them pretty well. I think its unfair the terrans dont have science vessels though.

Posted: August 10th, 2010, 1:14 am

imthepimp

Tault_admin (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
Yea but i think the zerg in late game are just to weak. As for protoss i think terran battlecruisers can stack up against them pretty well. I think its unfair the terrans dont have science vessels though.

Yeah, I agree 100% with you, Zerg is great for rush in the first couple minutes. And Terran, their battlecruisers are great, but when you have Protoss and tons of rays and carriers, the battlecruisers are no match. For example, me and a buddy, go 2vs2. Protoss and Terran. We stack up on minerals and cannons, and once were good, we go for carriers with a mothership and rap*. I think its also unfair that Terrans do not have the shields for their bases, and how cannons for protoss get air and ground. Whos going to want to build a bunker? Especially in 2vs2 or 1vs1. Now I'm not saying no one doesnt build bunkers, but... im sure most of you understand what im getting at.

Posted: August 12th, 2010, 1:02 am

Tault_admin

administrator
Mod in Training
Well a good terran player can dominate if they get some BCs with the yamo cannon on them. Since they actually do it one at a time you can set up a killing with those. 2 hits to take down a carrier quickly. IF you do it right you can easily kill the mother ship. But yea i think the terrans deserve the science vessel for multiplayer. They get it in single player.

Posted: August 12th, 2010, 8:30 pm

imthepimp

Well a good terran player can dominate if they get some BCs with the yamo cannon on them. Since they actually do it one at a time you can set up a killing with those. 2 hits to take down a carrier quickly. IF you do it right you can easily kill the mother ship. But yea i think the terrans deserve the science vessel for multiplayer. They get it in single player.

Well I still think the carriers would dominate the BC's. In the match the other day ago, I had 6 carriers fully upgraded, against 10 BC's with yamo cannon. I killed every single one of them except for 2. And the last 2 had half health. Taking out the mothership is pretty easy. But when it warps your guys into its thing you can take out the other team pretty quick. Anyways, yeah they do get it in single player.

Posted: August 18th, 2010, 1:47 pm

Tault_admin

administrator
Mod in Training
Did the guy actually use the cannons on you? Because it just takes 2 cannons to kill a carrier. If he has his bcs fully charged he should be able to take out your carriers and mothership pretty quickly.

Posted: August 18th, 2010, 9:51 pm

imthepimp

Yeah but he wasnt very smart, and he used each of his cannons on different carriers each time. He didnt just take out one carrier at a time. He also did not use all the cannons because I killed his BC's pretty quick. If he was better, he would have most likely gotten my carriers. The mothership is usually what people go for first.

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online