taultunleashed logoStarCraft 2: Zerg Vs Terran – Starving Strategy : Starcraft 2 Submissions
newtopic  postreply
 [ 8 posts ] 
blue large dot

StarCraft 2: Zerg Vs Terran – Starving Strategy : Starcraft 2 Submissions

Posted: July 18th, 2010, 10:17 am

Spitt

Total Posts: 745
Spitt's Reps: 718
premium
Submitting for premium, copied from rpg-exploiters

written by Wes Graber of Star2Pros

I don’t know about you but I hate playing against a good Terran player, the Zerg vs Terran matchup is a very difficult game to win. This guide will teach you the basics of beating a Terran player.

The reason Terran seems to rip us apart is because of their ability to tech up to units like the thor and medivac. There are only 2 ways that we can beat a good Terran player. The first is harassing with zerglings and banelings but this can be difficult to master. The second is the fast expand and starve strategy which we are going to discuss here.

Our strength is the cheap cost of expanding and we need to use this to our advantage. Start off the game by getting a few zerglings and expand as soon as you have the minerals. Use your zerglings to harass the Terran player and keep them playing defense, also do not let them expand. Midway through the game you should have two bases up and running while he still has one. Switch to hydralisks and continue to just wait him out. When his minerals start running out he will have to try and expand so he will attack you. You shouldn’t have any trouble winning the battle with all your hydralisks. After that the game is pretty much over since he will not have any income. When you master this strategy you will be able to beat even a very good Terran player without much trouble.

Posted: July 21st, 2010, 6:36 pm

Tault_admin

Total Posts: 29974
Tault_admin's Reps: 1444
administrator
Mod in Training
Well you can just do roaches as they tend to own terrans.

Posted: July 27th, 2010, 8:54 am

dragonaged

Total Posts: 64
dragonaged's Reps: 4
Active User > 50 Posts
premium
I think its useful for a few bucks but im not sure.

Posted: August 3rd, 2010, 8:17 pm

mrguyi

Total Posts: 1
mrguyi's Reps: 0
Roaches or rush.

Posted: August 4th, 2010, 3:57 pm

tault_Broden

Total Posts: 2313
tault_Broden's Reps: 159
Active User > 50 Posts
premium
Yea roaches are a great move versus terran. However terrans can get out pretty quickly air units to counter a roach rush. All you need a good bunker + supply depots + marines and you can stop most roach rushes. Id say hold off and go for hydras instead of roaches. Roaches tend to be only good against protoss IMO.

I am a member of a exploit guild and post it here because i like this site and want to help it.

(!empty($user->lang['IMAGE'])) ? $user->lang['IMAGE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'IMAGE')))

Posted: August 10th, 2010, 1:45 am

imthepimp

Total Posts: 175
imthepimp's Reps: 8
tault_Broden (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
Yea roaches are a great move versus terran. However terrans can get out pretty quickly air units to counter a roach rush. All you need a good bunker + supply depots + marines and you can stop most roach rushes. Id say hold off and go for hydras instead of roaches. Roaches tend to be only good against protoss IMO.

It is a great idea to do that and build marines, but most matches, people do not even try and build marines. Why waste the minerals when you can build air. Yeah you may risk your time and chances that zerg will get you, and if they do, then this is successful. But if they dont rush, then your fine and have air to counter attack them. Roaches arent very good against Protoss if you have turrets set-up. And this is assuming 1vs1.

Posted: August 12th, 2010, 12:44 am

Tault_admin

Total Posts: 29974
Tault_admin's Reps: 1444
administrator
Mod in Training
Air takes way to long in a match with no marines. If i do a quick search of your base and see you have zero marines i know you are going for air so ill just do a quick thor rush and kill you off easily.

Posted: August 12th, 2010, 8:24 pm

imthepimp

Total Posts: 175
imthepimp's Reps: 8
Not if I have cannons already set up and my other guy having regular guys. Im saying if this is a 2vs 2 match. 1vs1, building air is stupid yes, then you would be correct.

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online