taultunleashed logoSWG Programs - SWG Process Window Renaming Tool : Star Wars Galaxies Bots | Hacks tu winter contest 2012 nintendo wii
newtopic  postreply
 [ 5 posts ] 
blue large dot

SWG Programs - SWG Process Window Renaming Tool : Star Wars Galaxies Bots | Hacks

Posted: April 3rd, 2011, 3:12 pm

_obelix_

Total Posts: 122
_obelix_'s Reps: 2
Active User > 50 Posts
premium
I usually run 2 or 3 accounts at the same time on my WinXP machine in windowed mode. If you have to Alt+tab to another account, you only see the default name "Star Wars Galaxies" as the window title to tab to.

To change this, I wrote a little tool that renames the windows title of each SWG process running to

"server.logged_toon - Star Wars Galaxies"

So you can see when switching between the different windows with alt+tab which account you're switching to.

Usage of the tool:
  • first launch one instance of the game and log in a toon (you may even load all accounts and log in the toons on them)
  • now run the tool
  • all windows titles should now update every second with the logged in toon and server of each account.
  • to end the tool and restore the default windows title, hit the "End"-key on your keyboard once.

The tool should work even when there are client updates, since it's using a scan pattern for finding the offsets it needs. Well... at least I hope it does, we will see at the next update ;)

known limitations:
  • it may display garbage or a wrong name from the current loaded account when run first time and no toon logged in (the game is waiting at the character select screen)
  • it may display the name of the toon logged in at the first account for a brief moment on the windows title of the second (or third, fourth, ...) account logging in, if you launch those game instances after the tool was started
  • when returning to character select screen the last logged in Server / Name will stay in the windows title until you log in another toon of the account.
  • Using this tool may break other scripts that look for the exact default windows title ("Star Wars Galaxies")

Hope, this little tool is useful for someone. ;)

Thanks to EvC who told me where and how to search for the pointers ;) Thanks man. *thumbs up*

Update:
- Stop-Key for the tool can now be configured via an ini-file. The config line in the inifile is *CASE SENSITIVE*!
If the inifile is missing, the tool defaults to using the "End" key.
- Process ID is displayed in windows title

(!empty($user->lang['ATTACHMENT'])) ? $user->lang['ATTACHMENT'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'ATTACHMENT'))):
swg_processrenamer.zip

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Last edited by _obelix_ on April 4th, 2011, 1:11 am, edited 2 times in total.

Posted: April 3rd, 2011, 3:33 pm

vinnyboy32

Total Posts: 1872
vinnyboy32's Reps: 3
Active User > 50 Posts
premium
Yays or nays please?

Posted: April 3rd, 2011, 3:40 pm

r04r

Total Posts: 387
r04r's Reps: 9
premium
Yay, works as advertised.

Suggestion: Have it run just once, then kill itself. If the user wants an update of the titles, just have them run the tool again. Either that, or just remove the hotkey (I use END myself in-game or for other scripts); the script can still be killed from the toolbar.

Also, could I ask for the code you used for this? It'd save me some time if I didn't have to find it myself, and would be useful for the process selector I'm planning to include in future scripts.
Full credit will be given to you, of course!

Another note: This will break scripts which look for SWG by the title.

Posted: April 4th, 2011, 12:51 am

_obelix_

Total Posts: 122
_obelix_'s Reps: 2
Active User > 50 Posts
premium
updated my post and the attachement. Tool comes now with configuration options for the stop hotkey.

Added ProcessID to the windows title too. ;)

Posted: April 4th, 2011, 1:23 am

cuervogold

Total Posts: 1088
cuervogold's Reps: 727
Active User > 50 Posts
premium
Yay - works well.

Submitting for points.

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online