taultunleashed logoSWG Cheats - Y8 mining solo : Star Wars Galaxies Exploits tu winter contest 2012 nintendo wii
newtopic  postreply
 [ 9 posts ] 
blue large dot

SWG Cheats - Y8 mining solo : Star Wars Galaxies Exploits

Posted: May 20th, 2007, 1:14 am

blackstone
blackstone's Reps:
Well here it goes for an nice premium :)

Items needed:
1 - Y-8 Mining Ship (POB) Outfitted with everything to fly (and shield) and a Y-8/POB Cargo Hold
1- Mining Laser (Best to use one for a Y-8, or the best one you can get)
3 - Tractor Beams
1- Master Pilot (you)

Place the mining laser for pilot operation
Place the tractor beams in the two front (lower) turrets, and one in the top turret (sorry, forget which mubers they are)
Get in the space where the asteroid you want to mine is
Run your overloads (I recommend Weapon Capacitor and Weapon Overloads and maybe Reactor if you need to)
Get in the top turret and press the firebutton to engage Tractor beam... HOLD THE BUTTON DOWN!
KEEP HOLDING THE BUTON and press "L" to leave the turret. You should still hear the tractor beam running as you move around the ship (but may/maynot see the beam out the windows)
Go to the lower/front turrets
Aim and repeat what you did in the top turret (REMEMBER: Hold the fire button down as you exit the turret)
Repeat for the next turret.

**NOTE: There is a possibility that the other turrets (after the first one is done) will not appear to fire at all, or appear to fire something else entirely.. not to worry.. its a glitch.

Now your ready to mine.

Go to the asteroid and open fire. Keep within 200 meters of the large chunk as you fire to break it appart.
This range will allow for the beams to work seperatly and bring in nearly 90% more of the material than you wold in another ship.

Keep in mind that the cargo hold is HUGE and to get to 1% is a LOT of asteroid.

I usually mine EVERY type in space in a single run... taking 1%-2% of each before landing. This is usually plenty to craft with with exception of maybe making chassis.

Posted: May 20th, 2007, 5:15 pm

pounded
pounded's Reps:
Sounds intriguing, will definately check it out tonight.

Posted: May 20th, 2007, 7:49 pm

expurt
expurt's Reps:
Can premium members yay or nay this submission.

Posted: May 31st, 2007, 7:48 am

nsit2006
nsit2006's Reps:
it's a YAY, but with more additional info.

Requires tons of practice in sighting and ship maneuvering but works.

HOWEVER. I would add that one of the problems is seeing the chunk after it's cut off from the main asteroid. THe pilot should "PAN OUT" the camera to see what he is shooting at. Then PAN back in and maneuver toward the chunk.

**You haven't mentioned if you were using a Joystick or mouse. *** I use a mouse with a wheel button, between the left and right buttons, for camera panning.

Also, a larger 17 inch monitor works better than a 15 inch monitor. I have tried with both types of monitors.

ALso THe "best" mining laser is called the ELITE type but the MINING III type works as well, a tad slower. I had used both types.

I have also used Keymap to REBIND one of the 3 tractor beams to Shift B.
Sometimes certain keys on my keyboard haven't worked for doing certain things.

Holding the button down while in all 3 tract beam turrets and then pressing L then leaving the turret, i didnt know that, to keep them turned on, so that worked well.

LASTLY, I would recommend that your Y8 Engine have the highest YPR u can get, YPR = Yaw Pitch ROll and those should all be over 73. 75 plus is possible with the highest qual resources, a shipwrite buff for engines, and research player city. If u can get Fermionic Siliclastic ore with over 900 oq and over 900 UT for the update on the engine, that helps a lot.

Y8 Solo is not for the newb ace....Much practice is needed and takes time to learn through trial and error. I only had time for 3 runs and collected 70% of the cargo load within 2 solid hours.

It's really a Biotch to learn to do this but TIME is what stands in the way. If u can put the time in, then u can master this.

Posted: May 31st, 2007, 9:59 pm

Tault_admin

Total Posts: 29974
Tault_admin's Reps: 1444
administrator
Mod in Training
Great find 750 points to you.

Posted: June 7th, 2007, 9:26 pm

fullauto
fullauto's Reps:
This has also worked great for me! As an added tip though I would recommend not getting locked in on getting every last small chunk. They really start to spread apart after 600m or so. You will save time if you shoot off a big chunk, do what you can with it until you are 600m from the main asteroid, then give up the ghost and head back to the main. I have filled the cargo hold much faster doing it this way.

Posted: September 22nd, 2008, 4:20 am

ipire

Total Posts: 12
ipire's Reps: 0
does not work....Tractors seems to be fiering, but are not very effective

Could be nerfed, though everytime I've tried the Y-8 I've gone back to starfighter

Doing three tractors on a krayt seems far moer effective (for me)

Posted: September 22nd, 2008, 6:40 am

rabidithorian

Total Posts: 47
rabidithorian's Reps: 0
premium
Your way is inefficient. Holding the tractor beam button will drain your cap. All you have to do is hit 0 to toggle the beam on and 9 to toggle it off. When it is toggled on it stays on and doesn't use any cap energy. You might want to check if you keymap is different. Just map the toggle tractor beam command.

Posted: September 22nd, 2008, 2:18 pm

ipire

Total Posts: 12
ipire's Reps: 0
I'm gonna give it a few more shots, but even with engine PYR close to 90 it seems difficult to manouver the ship to suck in the whole chunk.

Might have to adjust the angles of the tractors.

I do nothave roblm to engage the tractors...That part works fine
It's just not very efective mining......so far

Added a pic to show typical angles etc.

(!empty($user->lang['IMAGE'])) ? $user->lang['IMAGE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'IMAGE')))

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online