taultunleashed logoSWG Exploits - Holo-pet Data Cube Trade Exploit : Star Wars Galaxies Exploits tu winter contest 2012 nintendo wii
newtopic  postreply
 [ 16 posts ]  1, 2  Next
blue large dot

SWG Exploits - Holo-pet Data Cube Trade Exploit : Star Wars Galaxies Exploits

Posted: October 30th, 2007, 2:36 pm

kerbz00
kerbz00's Reps:
Don't want to take someone else's credit if it has already been submitted, can't find a threat where it has been submitted already, but here goes:

Firstly, the trade must be within a house where you are admin inside it. (For example, you have access to a holpet emitter positioned in the house).

Before trading with the player, you should have the holo-pet datacube in your inventory (the one you are going to trade) and there should be a holo-pet emitter placed in the house nearby where you are going to trade the data cube.

Before the trade happens, open the radial menu on the emitter and select 6) Insert Holo Cube. This will bring up a menu and you should see the holocube you are about to trade in this menu. DO NOT INSERT THE HOLOCUBE YET!

Now you can trade the holocube/pet, say an AT-AT holopet for 'xxx' million credits, ensuring the 'Insert holocube' menu is still open. Once they leave the building after the trade (with their nice new holocube/pet in their inventory)...or even about 500m away I think works, INSERT THE DATACUBE...and poof! It disappears from their inventory and back into your holo emitter (Thus you have the money AND the holopet). The reason you wait for them to leave your house is so they don't actually see you 'steal' it back from them obviously!

Note: If the player is like 'wtf .....' and contacts a CSR about it, just be supportive to them, and help them out. I have done this, and the CSR just ended up 'giving' the holopet to the player (and I had the money and your holopet still), so don't worry in that sense about scamming someone. (Although that is not gospel - might be different for someone else I don't know, just what happened when I did it)

A bit long winded, so, in summary:

1) Firstly start off ensuring you have the holocube you are about to trade in your inventory, you are in a house with a holopet emitter that you have admin to or own.
2) Before the trade, open the radial menu on the emitter and select 6) Insert datacube. This brings up the menu which should have your datacube there.
3) Trade your datacube, collecting the money from the player.
4) When the player leaves (and is not in sight of seeing the holo-pet back in your emitter), insert your datacube from the menu you left up, and it will disappear from the players inventory back into your emitter, where you can then put back into your inventory.
5) The Result: You have both the money and your holopet data cube!

Tested today and still works. Let me know what you think!

Additional Bonus Point - This can also be worked with a vendor (putting the holocube on the vendor) using the same method as above (and it will disappear off the vendor) but requires the player to be online whilst another player purchases it from their vendor. Just an alternate method of doing it - depending on how you want to do it!

Additional Note: If the player you trade the holopet to puts the holopet in their own emitter before you claim it back, you will not be able to 'steal' it back from them.

Hope this is useful to someone!

Posted: October 31st, 2007, 8:59 am

Tault_admin

Total Posts: 29974
Tault_admin's Reps: 1444
administrator
Mod in Training
Can members say yay or nay to this being moved to a confirmed section.

Posted: November 1st, 2007, 5:57 am

kerbz00
kerbz00's Reps:
It definitely works as of pre Chap7 so someone confirm it for me =p

Posted: November 2nd, 2007, 9:41 am

flamezter

Total Posts: 72
flamezter's Reps: 0
Active User > 50 Posts
this was posted a long time ago when holo-pets first came out and was deemed unethical as the person will find out their pet is missing, and was nayed

so for me its a nay

Posted: November 2nd, 2007, 10:28 am

rockstar2001

Total Posts: 17
rockstar2001's Reps: 0
since when is any exploit ethical...that has no bearing on whether it will work or not...don't have the extra holopets to test this so cant say either way myself though... :oops:

Posted: November 4th, 2007, 1:38 pm

flamezter

Total Posts: 72
flamezter's Reps: 0
Active User > 50 Posts
rockstar2001 (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
since when is any exploit ethical...that has no bearing on whether it will work or not...don't have the extra holopets to test this so cant say either way myself though... :oops:

perhaps unethical was the wrong choice of words, how about waste of time?

the main point of a _working_ exploit is to gain benefit and get away with it, if your going to do something that someone can easily get back, and you will have done nothing but waste your own time.

yes it "works" that you can get the holo-pet back, but anyone who is willing to be buying a rare holo-pet is not going to forget where they put it 5 minutes after they bought it... therefore to me, its a nay, if it was 100% full proof i would say yay, but its not even close to 50% which does not seem reasonable enough to me for this to be worth using or for anyone else to use.

Posted: November 5th, 2007, 1:52 am

kerbz00
kerbz00's Reps:
flamezter (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
rockstar2001 (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):

the main point of a _working_ exploit is to gain benefit and get away with it, if your going to do something that someone can easily get back, and you will have done nothing but waste your own time.

yes it "works" that you can get the holo-pet back, but anyone who is willing to be buying a rare holo-pet is not going to forget where they put it 5 minutes after they bought it... therefore to me, its a nay, if it was 100% full proof i would say yay, but its not even close to 50% which does not seem reasonable enough to me for this to be worth using or for anyone else to use.

How did you manage to get this figure? I've already stated it worked for me and I kept my holopet (which was quite rare being a rancor holopet), I obtained my 60million credits for it, and the CSR gave the guy a rancor holopet (especially since I agreed that he did have a rancor holopet traded from me)....so how can you say that's not reasonable enough to be worth using? Secondly, my friend has also done this, not with a holopet quite as rare as the rancor (was only a peko peko holopet) and the same instance occured with CSR, and the same result came about. Seems worth it for me? And yes if too many of these instances occur with the CSR team then it will spark up a flag and they will look into it, so yes it's not 100% full proof, but saying that many of the other Confirmed Exploits are also raising flags even now.

Posted: November 6th, 2007, 4:29 pm

silent one
silent one's Reps:
kerbz00 (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
flamezter (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):

How did you manage to get this figure? I've already stated it worked for me and I kept my holopet (which was quite rare being a rancor holopet), I obtained my 60million credits for it, and the CSR gave the guy a rancor holopet (especially since I agreed that he did have a rancor holopet traded from me)....so how can you say that's not reasonable enough to be worth using? Secondly, my friend has also done this, not with a holopet quite as rare as the rancor (was only a peko peko holopet) and the same instance occured with CSR, and the same result came about. Seems worth it for me? And yes if too many of these instances occur with the CSR team then it will spark up a flag and they will look into it, so yes it's not 100% full proof, but saying that many of the other Confirmed Exploits are also raising flags even now.

Ok, well considering that not ALOT of people on my server don't have these rare pets (Ewok, Rancor,Peko-Peko Ect.) people would fall for this trick quite easily, BUT the problem is, is getting the pets for the scam. If you had the money to buy these holo-pets to resale (scam) it could profit in the LONG run, but you see the major problem with this scam is that not too many people who would need /want the money by scamming, could afford the 60-90 mil :cry: So, unless you already have the data-cube this won't work THAT well :( So, this has to be a /nay for me.

Posted: November 8th, 2007, 7:40 pm

vinnyboy32

Total Posts: 1872
vinnyboy32's Reps: 3
Active User > 50 Posts
premium
0 Yays, 3 more needed for confirmed.
2 Nays, 1 more needed for Lock

Posted: November 13th, 2007, 3:34 am

scubasteve4sq

Total Posts: 444
scubasteve4sq's Reps: 1
Active User > 50 Posts
i think admin neads to read the explination for these nays, they are basically saying yes it works, yes its an exploit, but i wont use it so nay.

i give it a YAY because it DOES work and it is a VALID exploit, those are the only criteria i was aware of for submissions to be yayed

Posted: November 13th, 2007, 5:48 am

vinnyboy32

Active User > 50 Posts
premium
Well then maybe some of the ones who posted Nay would like to re-think there answer? :)

1 Yay, 2 more needed for confirmed.

Posted: November 13th, 2007, 12:58 pm

rockstar2001

Total Posts: 17
rockstar2001's Reps: 0
did this finally and same result as original poster so i will now yay this...got my 90 mil for an atat and he was reimbursed by a csr

Posted: November 13th, 2007, 6:17 pm

vinnyboy32

Active User > 50 Posts
premium
2 Yays, 1 more needed for confirmed.

Posted: November 17th, 2007, 3:39 am

cheesehawk
cheesehawk's Reps:
Works

Posted: November 17th, 2007, 9:24 am

vinnyboy32

Active User > 50 Posts
premium
Alright Moved to a confirmed section.

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online