taultunleashed logoCommando Setup : Star Wars Galaxies Discussions tu winter contest 2012 nintendo wii
newtopic  postreply
 [ 3 posts ] 
blue large dot

Commando Setup : Star Wars Galaxies Discussions

Posted: September 9th, 2010, 3:34 am

manhunt007

Total Posts: 8
manhunt007's Reps: 0
Subject ^ :roll:

Basically looking for a really good build for Commando. Thought I'd give it a try, but I don't like playing proffs unless I'm really good at it or have a really good build so thought I'd ask here. And yes, I've already heard commando is the easiest proffession, I just suck at ranged. =X

Would really appreciate any help. Thanks.

Posted: September 18th, 2010, 12:57 am

Tault_admin

Total Posts: 29974
Tault_admin's Reps: 1444
administrator
Mod in Training
Id start here.

http://forums.station.sony.com/swg/posts/list.m?&topic_id=535983

The first few pages are old but then it gets into some really good info.

Posted: November 10th, 2011, 4:42 pm

sparktite

Total Posts: 178
sparktite's Reps: 6
Active User > 50 Posts
From what ive heard the best setup to rock is healing potency with block chance maximized. Dont bother with block value. So what i do is add a chunk of constitution so i have a buffer to take damage. If you have prenge stims, factional base stims, and the end second chance buff, combine that with your normal heal which has a fast timer, and your heal over time ability, and you will be healing yourself like crazy.

My setup was Prec Str and the third stat id would weigh out with my buffs, so part agility and part con. Since i like dishing out damage i like using stuff that will decrease my action cost. I would wear full energy layered recon armor or kinetic layered assault armor based on what i knew i was gonna be fighting.

My setup is either a cold heavy wep and cold flame thrower with an acid rifle, or a fire heavy wep and flame thrower with an acid rifle. Apply your dots, keep your health up, and occasionally switch to your rifle and throw out your nade abilities, nade items which you can buy in crates, and the main attacks for the rifle, and if your kill counter is high enough u can use cluster bomb and u will dish out insane spike damage. This is good for when your health is too low to heal and ur about to die, or if you want to finish an enemy off quickly for what ever reason.

Theres tons of stuff i know im forgetting but its a bit hard since i havent actually gone n pvped or pved in a while.

I just know block chance is your best friend in PVE, and heal potency can help a lot. Otherwise pvp wise my friends all loved using crit protection stacked with other stuff like block, or going for all out damage, so pvp crit chance, humanoid crit chance and (weapon type) crit chance. Personally ive always liked action cost reduction, but its not really the best idea since a lot of your attacks with rifles wont get the benefit of action cost reduction.

Using my first recommended setup, i use to go into heroics with my guild and i would wind up out damaging our designated DPS player, and wind up stealing aggro from our designated tank, and with a good medic at our side, i usually wound up tanking and spitting out mean dps. That was several months ago, but man was it fun being a one man army :D

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online