taultunleashed logoFabbled Jedi : Star Wars Galaxies Discussions tu winter contest 2012 nintendo wii
newtopic  postreply
 [ 11 posts ] 
blue large dot

Fabbled Jedi : Star Wars Galaxies Discussions

Posted: October 8th, 2003, 2:22 pm

SWTblaid
SWTblaid's Reps:
For those of us who played swg beta, we saw one of the exp bars to be a jedi exp bar, so many people believe that in order to open your FS slot you have to perform a certain set of things to fill out this exp bar, then you can become a jedi. However, this jedi exp bar is hidden. No one can see it.

Is there any way XU coders can come up with a plugin to let us know how much exp we have in this bar? Or is that information also encrypted?

Posted: October 14th, 2003, 8:53 pm

notmyrealname32
notmyrealname32's Reps:
Not just how much exps are on this hidden bar, but log/alert when it changes so you we can start to track the types of things that make it move.

Posted: October 29th, 2003, 12:09 am

Iskrena
Iskrena's Reps:
So when and where will we get to see the results of what events are causing the hidden xp bar to move? I know a lot of people including me who have been driving ourselves crazy trying to figure it out [:-banghead]

Posted: October 29th, 2003, 11:48 am

WyvernX
WyvernX's Reps:
I'll do some digging and see if I can find out if that information is still sent to the client or not. I'm guessing that it is no longer sent to the client.

Posted: October 29th, 2003, 10:19 pm

notmyrealname32
notmyrealname32's Reps:
Quote from a popular SWG fan site, in case you hadnt heard about it...

<i>For a short time near the end of Beta--the official Beta, BTW, don't get me started on "We're paying to Beta test..."--there was a very interesting bug with the experience monitor. For a while we could bring up something that was named something like jedi_novice[], which was a fairly typical looking string at the time. For the few days that all of us Beta testers could see this skill in our experience window the forum boards were full of "Am I Jedi Now???" and "I have the Jedi Skill, how do i get my FS slot?". Most of us had empty bars, a few reported (although this is unconfirmed) that they did have some yellow boxes in their bar. In any case, it seems based on that small glimspe, our FS slot comes through some sort of "Jedi" XP acquisition.</i>

Of course, you can draw your own conclusions. :)

Posted: October 31st, 2003, 3:44 pm

Iskrena
Iskrena's Reps:
That's all very interesting. Assuming this data is still sent to the client, what methods would you guys use to determine which events correspond to 'jedi' xp gains/losses? Is it just comparing the game's event logs w/ the xp log and seeing the time of each event compared to the time of the xp change?

Oh yea, I also forgot to ask this: Did the SWG developers comment at all on the 'jedi xp bar' that popped up during Beta, or was it just some weird bug that happened for a few days with no explanation?

Posted: November 5th, 2003, 9:19 am

drdeath
drdeath's Reps:
I reckon it was just some bug. From what I understand of the FS slot you need to do a certain number of things to unlock the slot and each person is different. We know for sure that you have to master a few different professions and its not unreasonable to expect you to have probably visited many different cities and other locations as well. These sort of thinks are not really suited to an 'xp bar'. I think its more likely it was just the jedi padawan xp bar. The people that allegedly had some xp in there never came up with a screenie so i am inclined to not belive them.

Posted: November 5th, 2003, 2:17 pm

Iskrena
Iskrena's Reps:
The problem is that the xp-bar appeared on the character sheet, where all your stats and stuff are displayed. It was not on the skill sheet, and did not appear as an xp-tracker like the ones you can have appear through the options. You can even look in the game right now:

Hit ctrl-c to open the character sheet, at the bottom of the frame there is a gap between the table of stats and the edge of the frame, that gap is where the xp-bar temporarily popped up. I wouldn't except some bug to display novice padawan there of all places.

Besides, converting a check list style FSCS system to a xp-bar style system is pretty easy. Instead of saying "visit location X, Y, Z" it will simply say "location x = 2pts, y = 3pts" or whatever. From all the arguments and evidence though, its probably a hybrid.

Master Profession X, Y, Z
AND
Visit/Collect/Complete blah blah blah for X pts.

Posted: November 12th, 2003, 1:21 am

drdeath
drdeath's Reps:
Well of all my time in beta I never saw an xp bar where you said Iskrena. I did see one appearing in the HUD xp tracker every time I logged in Jedi_Novice but no xp in the bar.

Posted: November 12th, 2003, 1:25 am

drdeath
drdeath's Reps:
Dammit wrong button....
There is no point in sending how far along to unlocking the FSCS to the client as they are never shown this information and the client does not need it for anything else. The only time the client needs to know anything is when the FSCS slot has been unlocked so it can show the new background on the character select screen. This is likely to be just a flag on your account that is checked when you log in.

Posted: November 14th, 2003, 8:39 pm

unicron
unicron's Reps:
yes it would be nice if there was a way to know exactly what you have to do to unlock your FS slot... I am sure it would really piss the devs off too lol...

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online