taultunleashed logoForce Sensative Slot : Star Wars Galaxies Discussions tu winter contest 2012 nintendo wii
newtopic  postreply
 [ 6 posts ] 
blue large dot

Force Sensative Slot : Star Wars Galaxies Discussions

Posted: November 21st, 2003, 12:22 pm

unicron
unicron's Reps:
Ok here is my take on this... Your Force Sensative Slot "checklist" is most likely serverside. Information from that checklist is pushed clientside once a holocron is activated. Is there any way to develop a plugin for once that checklist info is pushed, to pull the entire checklist. I would be willing to donate holocrons to see if this is possible.

Posted: November 23rd, 2003, 11:50 am

notmyrealname32
notmyrealname32's Reps:
unicron,

Interesting idea.
concretely, here is what you would need to do.

- Find two volunteers that have XU, and two holocrons.

- Go someplace in the game very "quiet" (no mobs/npcs/players in proximity) to avoid extra network traffic.

- Make sure that the volunteers are running XUnleashed TCP/IP Packet Sniffer Plug-in, and the SWG RT chat log as well.

- Have them activate the plug-in and activate the holocron.

- Have them activate the holocron again (yes, get the same message), just for comparison.

I say two volunteers so you can have two examples of IP packet streams to work from and compare.

Once you have those chatlogs and packet streams saved I am sure that Wyv and others would love to help you decode them.

I'd be happy to be volenteer #1, PM me if ya want.

-nmrn32

Posted: November 24th, 2003, 6:36 pm

Mr Magoo
Mr Magoo's Reps:
Same here I would love to try this one out. Post what galazy and we can hook up

Posted: November 26th, 2003, 3:51 pm

Enkidu
Enkidu's Reps:
The variable name you are looking for is jedi.skills.required

This is the variable name that has your skills listed. It is all server side. However, when you transfer from one server to another, it transfers this value across servers. For instance, taking a shuttle to another city. At that time it passes all your characters variables from one server to another. That is the time to do the packet sniffing and decoding. In fact... a test might be to create exactly the same character with the same attributes, with the same settings, etc... and then sniff the packet when you are loading your starting planet. Then do the same thing with the next character exactly the same. and then see if there are differences. Just a thought. But again, the variable you are looking for is called jedi.skills.required

Posted: December 4th, 2003, 5:18 am

unicron
unicron's Reps:
Cool how do I intercept it and decode it is the real question...

Posted: December 5th, 2003, 11:50 am

Elodan
Elodan's Reps:
First, I'm going to guess that if the information is passed between servers, not server to you back to server. So you never see it and would not be able to capture it, unless you happened to have a sniffer on the link between the servers.

More so, if you could capture it and they(soe) used any type of decent encryption. It could take a while to crack it((AES is 100 years or something like that on a strong key)), unless you have a good idea of what was encrypted.

I thought it might be possible to spam a message over and over and attempt to generate a key based on that string. However it would be very easy for sony to add a predetermined bit of test to the end of every out going message. ((Called salt, on a lot of encryption examples))

If this is the case your known string is no longer known, which makes it much harder to deal with. Of course, I'd also guess that the stream is compressed as well as encrypted. So now you have to decompress the string, then decrypt it. (ponders)

Should make it interesting to try to discover.

This is part of the reason I haven't devoted alot of energy into trying to capture packets, I think you'd have much better results trying to read process memory on your pc. Also, if the local memory is encrypted, the decryption key should also be stored in memory, but you may have more luck finding a needle in a haystack.

As for unlocking a Jedi, grind professions. You could macro and master every profession in the game faster than you could write a program, more than likely.

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online